Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 01:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

line-x FTW.
Old 07-15-2006, 02:25 AM
On The Tree

i use to set fire to lumber in my bed with my rhino and never had a problem in 5 years of service. yes, i know fire! i am a firefighter, we are all pyro's
Old 07-15-2006, 12:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

mine is by Toff...about 3/8" to 1/2" thick...rails too...425.00...two years,no problems so far...need to look into good cleaner/preserver because Tx sun will eventually destroy anything.

I got it because I hate the look of scratched and dented beds. Sometimes
I haul lawn mowers and gas...good high-friction surface.
Old 07-15-2006, 01:19 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I absolutley LOVE my LINE -X !! nicest finish ive seen, and they also spray in their logo in the corner of the bed. I called rhino and they wouldnt not gaurantee their's aganst tearing (WTF?) but line-x does and theirs looks 10 times better IMHO.
Old 07-16-2006, 11:05 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ha! I showed up at 4 Wheel Parts yesterday for the shims and they were having a party with a bikini car wash (some of the finest man made breasts i've seen) and a big sale. Line-X was there. I got a $50 discount off my bed liner!
Old 07-16-2006, 05:03 PM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

I have a Rhino Liner and the LineX liners I have seen look 100 times better than my ****. I would go LineX or nothing.
Old 07-16-2006, 05:26 PM
FormerVendor

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Linex cures in seconds! The finish looks great, Mine still looks like it did the day it was sprayed. Linex also has a very very high elasticity rate that pretty much guarantees the liner from tearing. I have seen a truck that was broadsided and the bed was mangled but the liner actually contured to the disfigured bed without splitting. IMO Linex is the best spray on liner not only because of the durability of the product but because of the great finish..

Linex, You get what you pay for!
Old 07-16-2006, 05:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Its all in how they prep it. If they don't sand it and prep it properly, then it can peel. I can't remember who I used, but it took them about 6 hrs to just prep it. I was a wreck watching them do it. My truck was only 2 weeks old when they did it. I have to say, I didn' notice any difference in speed, but its a great investment.
Old 07-16-2006, 06:19 PM
Staging Lane

I'm surprised so many people care how cute their bedliner is. I have one because my pickup was made for work, not being pretty. I know that sounds offensive to some, but seriously, it doesn't make sense to me. If I had no plans to throw stuff in my trucks bed, I'd leave it alone and not spend the $4-550.00 on it. My liner is ugly, but it does its job and that is why I have it.

In conversation with my brother yesterday, he still says there are no better spray in liners than Rhino, and he rated Line-X 2nd of what he's used, but said it's just not the same. He noted not having a temp. controlled room to apply it, and added this caused problems. He was more **** than anyone here I'd think, about its application where he was concerned, as it was his personal reputation on the line with each pickup through the gates. He closed the conversation by saying, if done correctly, either should last the life of the truck.
Old 07-17-2006, 06:44 AM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

Originally Posted by A4drTD
I'm surprised so many people care how cute their bedliner is. I have one because my pickup was made for work, not being pretty. I know that sounds offensive to some, but seriously, it doesn't make sense to me. If I had no plans to throw stuff in my trucks bed, I'd leave it alone and not spend the $4-550.00 on it. My liner is ugly, but it does its job and that is why I have it.
According to that philosophy, an Ugly wife or girl friend would "do the job too", I mean, what difference does it make? If it needs to be explained you wouldn't get it anyway. Hell, I wash the inner fender wells on my truck and then spray No-touch on them. Why? Because I can.

Quick Reply: Bed Liner