LS6 crate engine
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Bring Back The Truck Lounge?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 02:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If they bring back the Truck lounge, I nominate Illnali and Chingon to moderate it.
Old 03-04-2005, 02:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tiburon
If they bring back the Truck lounge, I nominate Illnali and Chingon to moderate it.

Where is that "No" button...
Old 03-04-2005, 02:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Sure! Why not? They are JUST as qualified as any of the other Mods on this forum.
Old 03-04-2005, 02:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Old 03-04-2005, 02:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Here is what I'll tell you. A lounge (if it is brought back ) won't be an AAG/Bar & Grill type place. It will be the same as the lounge that already exists on this site. We won't be discussing girlfriend problems, what Pamala Anderson is wearing, whose ***** are bigger etc... It would be a place for spill over type threads, some current event stuff, etc... This site will not be a place for total bullshit. It just won't happen. Racism, politics, and religion are subjects that should be somewhat avoided. Those type subjects are best left to personal conversation, not sitting behind a keyboard where a typed statement can so easily be misinterpeted. Nudity would not be tolerated, NWS material as a whole won't be allowed. There is enough **** and NWS websites out there in the WWW that we won't have another one here. Those are promises I can make. They are not open to negotiation either, so don't waste time trying. This has been the topic of heavy conversation between Tony, Myself and PSJ. These are the rules and guidelines that this site was founded on and they will stay the same. The whole reason that LS1Tech was even created was to GET AWAY from those type of forums and to build a reputation as a TECH based website, not a chatroom. I'm sorry if you don't agree with it, but this will be the way a Truck Lounge would be run if/when it comes back. Like I said, be patient and wait about 27 more days.

No need to get bent either. That's one reason it was shitcanned in the first place and has taken so long to be reconsidered. We want a CLEAN website here. Like someone said, we are all adults, so lets make sure we act like it and respect each other.

Thanks, Greg
Old 03-04-2005, 03:23 PM
14 Second Truck Club

nice avatar santi
Old 03-04-2005, 04:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by onyx
nice avatar santi
it was "chosen" for me
Old 03-04-2005, 04:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by GREGGO
Here is what I'll tell you. A lounge (if it is brought back ) won't be an AAG/Bar & Grill type place. It will be the same as the lounge that already exists on this site. We won't be discussing girlfriend problems, what Pamala Anderson is wearing, whose ***** are bigger etc... It would be a place for spill over type threads, some current event stuff, etc... This site will not be a place for total bullshit. It just won't happen. Racism, politics, and religion are subjects that should be somewhat avoided. Those type subjects are best left to personal conversation, not sitting behind a keyboard where a typed statement can so easily be misinterpeted. Nudity would not be tolerated, NWS material as a whole won't be allowed. There is enough **** and NWS websites out there in the WWW that we won't have another one here. Those are promises I can make. They are not open to negotiation either, so don't waste time trying. This has been the topic of heavy conversation between Tony, Myself and PSJ. These are the rules and guidelines that this site was founded on and they will stay the same. The whole reason that LS1Tech was even created was to GET AWAY from those type of forums and to build a reputation as a TECH based website, not a chatroom. I'm sorry if you don't agree with it, but this will be the way a Truck Lounge would be run if/when it comes back. Like I said, be patient and wait about 27 more days.

No need to get bent either. That's one reason it was shitcanned in the first place and has taken so long to be reconsidered. We want a CLEAN website here. Like someone said, we are all adults, so lets make sure we act like it and respect each other.

Thanks, Greg
a) there is a section in the lounge about politics so you are wrong there
b) there is a thread over 10 pages long in the racers lounge of who has the
hottest girlfriend/wife, so you're wrong there as well
c) if you want to make this site a "tech" only site, there shouldnt be any
"lounge" at all. if there will be a truck lounge it should be treated as the
regular lounge is treated.

Long gone are the days where we could come in here and take a break from all the "tech" stuff and talk to each other like normal human beings.
Old 03-04-2005, 04:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by GREGGO
...All that stuff that GREGGO said in post # 84...
^ That's what we want. We want a lounge JUST like the one downstairs with same rules applied to share our lounge type stuff with members of a truck community.. Who we know and commonly interact with. The way the rules currently stand now kill storys technically don't belong in here they belong in the section for kill stories or the general lounge. Where the thread will get lost in a sea off My F-body beat a blank. Then both us truck guys and the forum car guys arent really interested in each others kill stories because they are different worlds. A 12 second f-body is normal, a 12 second truck is fast.

On Monday Im going to make a thread about March Meet at Famoso race way. If the thread is posted in the general lounge where the 20,000 F/Y-body owns frequent it will quickly get taken over with posts from a dozen guys that I have never heard of with there responses.. Thus further exemplifying then need for a truck based lounge.

Im typing this as my version of an eco to what you said above. As I think I have fairly accurately summarized the feelings of the truck owners about the concept of a truck based lounge. I personally will never be making a thread about girlfriend problems because if she gets out of line I will just lock her in the closet again and wont bother my fellow techers with the drama.
Old 03-04-2005, 04:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ILLNALI
it was "chosen" for me
Um you are alowed to change it arnt you?

Quick Reply: Bring Back The Truck Lounge?