Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Can't turn them why?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 12:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't turn them why?

Have the 6.0 with 4.10 gears on a sierra hd 05 with all the mods of the 380 hp kit except the 10 hp rockers and can't turn the back tires what gives. Have the diablo tuner and turned the torque managment off and upped the line pressure for the shifting. This thing acts like about the same no change. Not into burning off the tires but would like the power on the take off.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:24 PM
TECH Addict

2wd or 4wd and what size tires
Old 12-02-2005, 04:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

380 HP kit,What ever you strapped on it I dont belive you gained 80HPover stock.With 7 posts something tells me we need to break this down into what are your goals what has been done and what to do next or undo.What is your mechanical ability? Do you have to pay someone to do mods? How about more serious mods?
Old 12-02-2005, 04:50 PM
Teching In

I have installed duels, K&N system, and predator diablo. That is the basic kit what they are saying that the SLP’s PerformancePac Released For GM Brands is producing 380 hp. Minus the 1.8 rockarms that supposivly only give u about 10 hp. My machanical abillity is descent do most of my own work on my truck. Am wondering why this is still a dog off the line. Friends dodge with 5.7 4x4 will smoke the tires off the line. Mine just chugges off the line and everyone I talk to with the GM trucks say the samething. It only has 7000miles on it so it isn't wore out or nothing just a dog off the line. Is this to do with the torque management or what?
Old 12-02-2005, 05:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Do you need an HD? That is the biggest part of it,duels some say kills botton end especially with flowmaster,magnaflow single out would have been the best(some say).If its a K&N FIPK some say they like them for me I sold mine after a week,It slowed mine down,the plastic UPD intake is what I might buy again.Tuning,a programmer will give you about 1/2 the gain of a custom tune.To give your truck some serious ***** you have a few choices.Heads and cam & LTs and maybe a stall converter. Or a radix supercharger,could you install either?If you are serious about having a fast truck I would consider a 06 CC or xcab vortexmax 1/2ton.Easy to make that into a fast SOB with the right combos.1 more thing I hope your 380HP PKG. didnt include a shitty granitelly MAFs.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Your 6.0 i believe only has like 300hp plus your heavy and also 380hp wuth just that its not even possible maybe what 15-20hp max out of what you have now. if you wanted a fast truck why not have bought a x-cab 5.3 1500 its not that fast but im sure you could of gotten the h.o with 4.10 gears.
Old 12-03-2005, 12:00 AM
On The Tree

Come on guys, dont go telling him to get a new truck. Best advice is to look through old threads and use the search button. Theres no real quick answers on how to get your tires to spin, most of the guys on here are having the opposite problem. I bet you can find plenty of threads complaining of major traction issues. Welcome to the site, if you stick around you'll learn alot.
Old 12-03-2005, 12:06 AM
On The Tree

BTW that 6.0 is a GREAT motor. Look around at how many guys are swapping them into their trucks. Not sure what tranny that thing came with but that may be your only weak link if your talking about heavy modding. There are plenty of the heavier trucks on here that are running pretty well. Seriously, search around for the info, its all in here I swear.
Old 12-03-2005, 12:31 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by BooBsRGR8
Come on guys, dont go telling him to get a new truck. Best advice is to look through old threads and use the search button. Theres no real quick answers on how to get your tires to spin, most of the guys on here are having the opposite problem. I bet you can find plenty of threads complaining of major traction issues. Welcome to the site, if you stick around you'll learn alot.

he's not responding,he is down at the dealership right now.

I think he's going to be more disappointed to find out he was sold a snake oil performance PKg.Rather than the suggestion of a new truck.

Last edited by gonzo 6.2; 12-03-2005 at 08:50 AM.
Old 12-03-2005, 07:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

idk but i think that 380hp is from the other 6.0 the lq9 in the SS because to add 80hp flywheel its not easy like that, i have no clue why your not spining the tires but if i launch my 5.3 hard it will not smoke them but it will get a bit of traction issues and try to get sideways. Maybe its your tires that are too sticky also its a good thing not to be spining cuz if your in a race you waste a lot of time.

Quick Reply: Can't turn them why?