Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Car Salesman!!!!! True Story

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2004, 06:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Car Salesman!!!!! True Story

Before i start ranting about he dealerships, I was wondering it anyone that has a VHO could post up a Pic of the invoice and the truck so i can go up to the dealerships and show them they are retarted and that they are out now.

My friend and I go to the local Chevrolet Dealership today in search for the VHO trucks. My friend got in an accident recently and totaled his truck. So i go in and ask if they had any and how much. Of coarse I get the new Lady that just started a month ago and doesnt know much about there products. She goes and asked another guy and he comes up and asked me what I was looking for. I tell him the Silverado VHO. He looks at me funny so i describe it for him, 345 hp 6.0L with Fac. 20' wheels in a 2wd excb. He then tells me what I meant to say an SS. I was like ok i can understand where he can get that from but politly tell him NO this is a totally different truck. He then starts to tell me how they get material on all there products WAY before they are release and that I dont konw what I am talking about. That PISSED me off. So i tell him again it is a 2wd not awd truck and that it is a special edition truck to my understanding. he walks off leaving me with teh first lady. So she starts looking up stuff on there little Search they have. guess what she pulls up, a SS. She was understanding and knew i probably knew more than she did so you goes and talks to the managaer and he didnt know crap either and then the first guy comes back and starts up with the SS crap again. So i decided to teach him I knew more about the trucks on his the lot than he did. Start telling him about the bumber of the SS, awd, and other stuff and that I have been wanting an SS since i first saw them in 03. Then I started up on other trucks on teh lot and he just got a look on his face like WOW I have no clue what this guy is saying. Finally another salesman is walkign by, while i am almost yelling at the guy about the VHO and that it has been in commercials all over TV, well the other salesman over hears and tells them yes there is a VHO truck and we have none on the lot and no material on them. I was liek thank you and can you please inform the rest of your coworkers about it so other customers dont get treated like I have today.

I mean the first Salesman was treating me like a 2 yr old and the way he was just plain rude. You really ahd to be there.

Well same thing happened over at teh GMC dealership they didnt know what I was talking about but at least they were professional and didnt treat me BAD. Then they find out about them but tell me they arent out yet and that they will be out in 06.
Old 09-09-2004, 06:06 PM
13 Second Truck Club

There is a thread around here that has the invoice of the VHO........
Old 09-09-2004, 06:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

some people are just born stupid and they can't really help it. I hate it when I need to ask a question and I know more than the one selling the product.
Old 09-09-2004, 07:12 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by HemiTman
There is a thread around here that has the invoice of the VHO........

Really I did a search couldnt find it. I will have to look again.
Old 09-09-2004, 07:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

That's when you should have said, nevermind, obviously ya'll don't know **** about your products, I think I'll carry my cash money else wheres. If they had any smart remarks to that I would have told them to burn in hell on the way out the door. All this AFTER they figured out there was such a thing of course, that way he would have known he was being a ***** and was WRONG!
Old 09-09-2004, 08:18 PM
TECH Junkie

After you get the truck at another dealership drive it by and show them what it is..

Old 09-09-2004, 08:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenVelvet
After you get the truck at another dealership drive it by and show them what it is..

Old 09-09-2004, 08:37 PM
Staging Lane

The Funny thing is My friend and I just wanted a price quote and maybe a test drive. My friend hasnt decided what he wants. We have been to all teh dealerships here in College station driving all the trucks. Dodge out of teh question. Ford was ok but he didnt like the interior and how slow it was, Titian was suprisingly nice a diffenet maybe but the looks are kind of wierd, and he had a 2001 excb Z71 so he knows how the chevys are. Ever since I got my truck in march he has been wanting somethign that is fast so i told him about the VHO or buy a 2wd rc 5.3 like mine. He got 27K from the insurance cause of his totaled truck. I told him if he really wants to have a nice quick truck that can be a dailly driver to get the 5.3 2wd RC and mod it with the money left over.

But anyways I was just going to leave but when he said I didnt know what i was talking about and I saw a comercial of an SS kind of upset me. My friend was just there laughing.
Old 09-09-2004, 08:47 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Flyer
That's when you should have said, nevermind, obviously ya'll don't know **** about your products, I think I'll carry my cash money else wheres. If they had any smart remarks to that I would have told them to burn in hell on the way out the door. All this AFTER they figured out there was such a thing of course, that way he would have known he was being a ***** and was WRONG!
They don't give a **** about cash money deals they want the finance deals where they can can make "backend" this is the proffit they make on the percintage points. And if it was a small town dealer there is a good chance they might not get one since this will be a limited production item. if you just want an invoice for one go to http://www.henna.com/ or call 800-460-1888 ask for ext 719 talk to edward he will send you a fax for one and wont bother you unless you are ready to buy. I only refer you to him because I used to work with him and he is honnest.
Old 09-09-2004, 08:51 PM
TECH Addict

Not that this is any excuse....but
1. They are salesmen. Good salesmen know their products. Most dont.
2. How old are you??? When I was 18 I drove up to the Lexus dealership ready to write a check for a new GS430. At the time I had a 98' C5, but I made the mistake of parking it on the side. NO ONE would help me. Finally after pitching a fit, someone begrudgingly asked what I wanted. I told him I wanted to drive that black GS430. He gave me some BS about not being able to let anyone under 25 drive their cars. I was pissed and got up to leave. The sales manager stops and says that if they call my mom, someone could drive it over to my house!! I told him to stick it up his ***. I know it was immature (hell I was immature), but I laid a fat burnout on the way out. They called me 3 times a day for near a month before I got rude.
3. Chevy sales guys know nothing about the aftermarket. I spend alot of time there. My pops is the fleet manager. Most of those retards ask me stuff about there own products.

Quick Reply: Car Salesman!!!!! True Story