GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Car Salesman!!!!! True Story

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2004, 09:10 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by greentahoe
Not that this is any excuse....but
1. They are salesmen. Good salesmen know their products. Most dont.
2. How old are you??? When I was 18 I drove up to the Lexus dealership ready to write a check for a new GS430. At the time I had a 98' C5, but I made the mistake of parking it on the side. NO ONE would help me. Finally after pitching a fit, someone begrudgingly asked what I wanted. I told him I wanted to drive that black GS430. He gave me some BS about not being able to let anyone under 25 drive their cars. I was pissed and got up to leave. The sales manager stops and says that if they call my mom, someone could drive it over to my house!! I told him to stick it up his ***. I know it was immature (hell I was immature), but I laid a fat burnout on the way out. They called me 3 times a day for near a month before I got rude.
3. Chevy sales guys know nothing about the aftermarket. I spend alot of time there. My pops is the fleet manager. Most of those retards ask me stuff about there own products.
They arent paid to keep up with aftermarket and I worked in fleet for 6 years and the people who worked fleet in the dealership I worked in were some of the most intelligent people I have ever met. In regards to trucks. So sounds to me like your dad needs to get some new employees or you're just full of ****.
Old 09-09-2004, 09:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

You can't tell me that you would rather have payments for 6 years to pay off over a pump sum payment of 30k or so. I know I'd rather take the lump sum and call it a day on the sale.

Grenn, that is a good story about the Lexus dealer.
Old 09-09-2004, 09:36 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by greentahoe
Not that this is any excuse....but
1. They are salesmen. Good salesmen know their products. Most dont.
2. How old are you??? When I was 18 I drove up to the Lexus dealership ready to write a check for a new GS430. At the time I had a 98' C5, but I made the mistake of parking it on the side. NO ONE would help me. Finally after pitching a fit, someone begrudgingly asked what I wanted. I told him I wanted to drive that black GS430. He gave me some BS about not being able to let anyone under 25 drive their cars. I was pissed and got up to leave. The sales manager stops and says that if they call my mom, someone could drive it over to my house!! I told him to stick it up his ***. I know it was immature (hell I was immature), but I laid a fat burnout on the way out. They called me 3 times a day for near a month before I got rude.
3. Chevy sales guys know nothing about the aftermarket. I spend alot of time there. My pops is the fleet manager. Most of those retards ask me stuff about there own products.

I am 24 about to Graduate from Texas A&M with my BS in mechanical/manufactering technology. I understand about the bunk kid thing. used to happen to me all the time when i was younger. But I pull up in a 99 chevy clean truck. Wearing decent attire and not being rude or anything. it was just they had no clue what there own company has been putting out and when I try and tell them what it is they tell me I am talking about the damn silverado SS. What was even topped it off was when i told him that my truck right outside has a 5.3L in a Regular cab and two wheel drive he was like that is the standard Engine. I am like No it isnt then he was like o i thought it was extendedcab, I laughed the truck is feet away and he even looked at it. Basiclly he didnt know about the truck and he keep trying to tell me i was talking about a truck that i was not even talking about. and when i told him more he keep saying SS, SS, SS , SS, SS, SS. I even mentioned it was in a commerical and he say ya it must have been a SS comerical and they showed the engine with VHO next to it. It just makes me laugh how ignorate some people can be.

I did a search and still cant find an invoice for one. So if you know where it is exactly would you mind linking it in here so i could print it off and shove it down that guys throut tommarrow.
Old 09-09-2004, 09:41 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by superchargedchevy02
They don't give a **** about cash money deals they want the finance deals where they can can make "backend" this is the proffit they make on the percintage points. And if it was a small town dealer there is a good chance they might not get one since this will be a limited production item. if you just want an invoice for one go to http://www.henna.com/ or call 800-460-1888 ask for ext 719 talk to edward he will send you a fax for one and wont bother you unless you are ready to buy. I only refer you to him because I used to work with him and he is honnest.

They didnt even know about the cash I just walk in and asked about teh truck and Bam I am dumb and dont know what I am talking about. At least the GMC guys were more professional and called around and found out I did know what i was talking about and didnt make me feel like i was two and asking my dad if i can ride upfront or somethign like that. Thanks for the Site I will check it out right now. But all they knew was I wanted to know if they had a Silverado VHO and if they didnt if could find out how much they were and if they could obtain one.
Old 09-09-2004, 09:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Flyer
You can't tell me that you would rather have payments for 6 years to pay off over a pump sum payment of 30k or so. I know I'd rather take the lump sum and call it a day on the sale.

Grenn, that is a good story about the Lexus dealer.
It's irrelevant to the dealer whether you pay in cash or have a pre-approved loan from your credit union. Either way, they only make money on the vehicle profit (whatever they paid for the vehicle minus what you pay them plus the dealer holdback and other incentives).

But if they're doing your financing, then they have another opportunity to make money off of you. Most of the time the financing they 'sell' to you costs less than what you pay, either in fees, percentage points, or both. For a dealer, it is best for them when you take their financing rather than paying in cash or getting your own loan.
Old 09-09-2004, 09:58 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

what happened to knowing your product?
Old 09-09-2004, 10:06 PM
Staging Lane

Well after long time of searching I finally found an invoice from a dealership in Austin called Capitol Chevrolet. I am going tommarrow to show them the truck and talk to the manager. The salesman really upset me. I mean, What did happen to knowing your product and there is no reason to treat me teh way they did. You had to be there to get how bad this really was. I cant even put it in words. I dont get upset easy and it has been around 8 hours since this has happened and I still cant think straight. I mean I have NEVER been treated so bad and I am one of those guys that everyone calls when they go car shopping cause I normally know more about the cars/trucks than the salesman. But never and i mean never have i been treated so poorly. So I am going to talk to teh manager tommarrow and show him the invoice and ask him to inform his employees about it and that what happened the day before souldnt have happened and something needs to be done.
Old 09-09-2004, 10:36 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by superchargedchevy02
They arent paid to keep up with aftermarket and I worked in fleet for 6 years and the people who worked fleet in the dealership I worked in were some of the most intelligent people I have ever met. In regards to trucks. So sounds to me like your dad needs to get some new employees or you're just full of ****.
2 things
1. What part of that statement would lead you to believe I am full of ****?? Im not saying that they dont know how to sell, service, or whatever there particular position entails.
2. Since when does intelligence have any bearing on customer service or even product knowledge pertaining to limited production vehicles that arent stocked by the particular dealership you work at???
My pops himself doesnt know anything about VHO trucks. He hasnt had anyone interested in them and doesnt have any at his dealership. Its nice to know that your dealership had so many knowledgable employees. If I had more working for me, Id make alot more money. I dont think that would be the case for GM dealerships.
Sorry if I offended you with the retard remark. For the most part it is meant fondly. When I swap motors or need a new tranny I wouldnt have anyone else do it.
Old 09-09-2004, 11:58 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Naked AV
It's irrelevant to the dealer whether you pay in cash or have a pre-approved loan from your credit union. Either way, they only make money on the vehicle profit (whatever they paid for the vehicle minus what you pay them plus the dealer holdback and other incentives).

But if they're doing your financing, then they have another opportunity to make money off of you. Most of the time the financing they 'sell' to you costs less than what you pay, either in fees, percentage points, or both. For a dealer, it is best for them when you take their financing rather than paying in cash or getting your own loan.
That's true. The F&I guy will tell you you were approved @ 8% but in reality you may have been approved @ 6% by the bank they are selling the deal to. They just pocket the thousands of dollars difference of the 2% apr for themselves.

Fuggin' Stealerships!!
Old 09-10-2004, 05:52 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Here is a running history of the truck from SilveradoSS.com. I believe there is an invoice in there.

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/in...opic=4601&st=0

Quick Reply: Car Salesman!!!!! True Story