Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2004, 02:15 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a Blue VHO at Monument Chevrolet off of 225 and Beltway 8
Old 09-10-2004, 02:36 PM
TECH Veteran

I know what ya mean, some of the salespeople (political correctness, lol.) are idiots.

I remember right after the Dodge Dakota R/T's came out in yellow, I had to have one. I called all over the Houston area to find one. Clear Lake Dodge had 2. I knew I wanted the truck, had already driven a club cab v8 and liked it so I knew the r/t's had to be better. I told the salesman that I would be there that afternoon cash in hand to take it for a spin and buy the thing. Mind ya, I was 22 years old at the time and the salesman told me that they didn't allow for test drives in the r/t's. I was like wtf? Told the guy, so you expect me to go lay down 26k or however much they ran for a truck that I can't even drive before I buy it, your outta your mind. I said I know I'm buying the thing, I just want to make sure that it doesn't have any problems before I roll it off the lot. Then I told the guy, ok, how about you drive it for me and I'll sit in the passenger seat, just to ride in it and see how it is. He's like, Oh No, those things have way too much power and I don't want to drive it. I was like ****, I have a damn 92 Camaro RS and I have owned 2 Trans Am's and other sports cars, I think I can handle a 250 HP rated truck. I was like is there anybody on the lot that is not afraid to drive the damn truck, Uhhhh, no. Told them they could keep their damn truck, it ain't worth the f-ing hassle. He told me well, you can drive the truck after you buy it.
Old 09-10-2004, 03:15 PM
TECH Addict

That's crazy, SierraCrew.

I was at a local motorcycle shop that's right off a highway last summer. I was spacing out the front window of the place while my friend BS'd about a bike. I noticed a blue "stain" on the jersey barrier in the middle of the divided highway. I asked a salesman if guy on a bike kissed the wall leaving the place. He said no, it was a blue Viper from the Dodge dealer down the road. The guy over-estimated the power, and swung the back end up into the wall.

DOH!
Old 09-10-2004, 03:21 PM
TECH Regular

hey hey if u and ur friend really wanna look at a vho come down to houston. right down 290 lonestart chevrolet. i went in there and they had like 5 vho. it was beautiful. they have alot of joe gibbs and a few SS. but yes. they suffer the same fate becuase their salesmen are retarded.
Old 09-10-2004, 05:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 5.3_RCStepside
Before i start ranting about he dealerships, I was wondering it anyone that has a VHO could post up a Pic of the invoice and the truck so i can go up to the dealerships and show them they are retarted and that they are out now.

My friend and I go to the local Chevrolet Dealership today in search for the VHO trucks. My friend got in an accident recently and totaled his truck. So i go in and ask if they had any and how much. Of coarse I get the new Lady that just started a month ago and doesnt know much about there products. She goes and asked another guy and he comes up and asked me what I was looking for. I tell him the Silverado VHO. He looks at me funny so i describe it for him, 345 hp 6.0L with Fac. 20' wheels in a 2wd excb. He then tells me what I meant to say an SS. I was like ok i can understand where he can get that from but politly tell him NO this is a totally different truck. He then starts to tell me how they get material on all there products WAY before they are release and that I dont konw what I am talking about. That PISSED me off. So i tell him again it is a 2wd not awd truck and that it is a special edition truck to my understanding. he walks off leaving me with teh first lady. So she starts looking up stuff on there little Search they have. guess what she pulls up, a SS. She was understanding and knew i probably knew more than she did so you goes and talks to the managaer and he didnt know crap either and then the first guy comes back and starts up with the SS crap again. So i decided to teach him I knew more about the trucks on his the lot than he did. Start telling him about the bumber of the SS, awd, and other stuff and that I have been wanting an SS since i first saw them in 03. Then I started up on other trucks on teh lot and he just got a look on his face like WOW I have no clue what this guy is saying. Finally another salesman is walkign by, while i am almost yelling at the guy about the VHO and that it has been in commercials all over TV, well the other salesman over hears and tells them yes there is a VHO truck and we have none on the lot and no material on them. I was liek thank you and can you please inform the rest of your coworkers about it so other customers dont get treated like I have today.

I mean the first Salesman was treating me like a 2 yr old and the way he was just plain rude. You really ahd to be there.

Well same thing happened over at teh GMC dealership they didnt know what I was talking about but at least they were professional and didnt treat me BAD. Then they find out about them but tell me they arent out yet and that they will be out in 06.
Only available in ext. cab ?
Old 09-10-2004, 05:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SierraCrew
I know what ya mean, some of the salespeople (political correctness, lol.) are idiots.

I remember right after the Dodge Dakota R/T's came out in yellow, I had to have one. I called all over the Houston area to find one. Clear Lake Dodge had 2. I knew I wanted the truck, had already driven a club cab v8 and liked it so I knew the r/t's had to be better. I told the salesman that I would be there that afternoon cash in hand to take it for a spin and buy the thing. Mind ya, I was 22 years old at the time and the salesman told me that they didn't allow for test drives in the r/t's. I was like wtf? Told the guy, so you expect me to go lay down 26k or however much they ran for a truck that I can't even drive before I buy it, your outta your mind. I said I know I'm buying the thing, I just want to make sure that it doesn't have any problems before I roll it off the lot. Then I told the guy, ok, how about you drive it for me and I'll sit in the passenger seat, just to ride in it and see how it is. He's like, Oh No, those things have way too much power and I don't want to drive it. I was like ****, I have a damn 92 Camaro RS and I have owned 2 Trans Am's and other sports cars, I think I can handle a 250 HP rated truck. I was like is there anybody on the lot that is not afraid to drive the damn truck, Uhhhh, no. Told them they could keep their damn truck, it ain't worth the f-ing hassle. He told me well, you can drive the truck after you buy it.
I imagine a guy like that would be terrorized at a drag strip...just watching!
Old 09-10-2004, 07:57 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Naked AV
It's irrelevant to the dealer whether you pay in cash or have a pre-approved loan from your credit union. Either way, they only make money on the vehicle profit (whatever they paid for the vehicle minus what you pay them plus the dealer holdback and other incentives).

But if they're doing your financing, then they have another opportunity to make money off of you. Most of the time the financing they 'sell' to you costs less than what you pay, either in fees, percentage points, or both. For a dealer, it is best for them when you take their financing rather than paying in cash or getting your own loan.
thats not true if you finance the vehicle with the dealer and let them provide the financing they will make proffit on the interest rate. See they get whats called a buy rate and then they sell it to the customer at a mark up. If you have great credit and say you can get 4% well the dealer gets the rate at a lower rate I think 1/2 a % point lower. and thats how they make their money in finance, without going into great detail. So it is relevent. and a pre approved loan from your bank is a cash deal to the dealer.
Old 09-10-2004, 08:04 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by greentahoe
2 things
1. What part of that statement would lead you to believe I am full of ****?? Im not saying that they dont know how to sell, service, or whatever there particular position entails.
2. Since when does intelligence have any bearing on customer service or even product knowledge pertaining to limited production vehicles that arent stocked by the particular dealership you work at???
My pops himself doesnt know anything about VHO trucks. He hasnt had anyone interested in them and doesnt have any at his dealership. Its nice to know that your dealership had so many knowledgable employees. If I had more working for me, Id make alot more money. I dont think that would be the case for GM dealerships.
Sorry if I offended you with the retard remark. For the most part it is meant fondly. When I swap motors or need a new tranny I wouldnt have anyone else do it.
sorry about that. I spoke out of turn. I just know at the dealership I worked at for 6 years and my dad before me for 40 years we had to know our **** or we wouldn't be there very long because we were constantly be tested by both GM and the dealer. Now as far as customer service goes you will most likely get c rappy service at almost any dealer you go to see thats why I was suggesting my old dealership and my buddy Edward
Old 09-11-2004, 01:03 PM
Launching!

i hear you guys some of these salesmen at the dealerships are complete idiots. I went with my dad to go look at new trucks and the salesmen we got was a moron, he knew nothing about anything my dad asked him what gears the truck has in it and the guy was all " whats that???" i was like are you serious??? We explained what it meant to him and the whole time we were telling the guy what the options on the truck did.
Old 09-11-2004, 05:18 PM
12 Second Club

Bought an Accord a while back, and for some reason one of the salesman felt the need to explain every single switch, button and **** in the car. Like I had never been in a car before and didn't know how to work the window buttons. I was worried he was going to get out the manual and start reading it to me.

Friend of mine started working at a Nissan dealership, and we were talking about the 350z's.....he told me that they had to sell them marked up because they are limited production. I looked all over the internet and found nothing about limited production Z's. Not to mension there are a line of them in front of all the dealerships in the area. So I'm wondering if his manager just flat out lied to him to get him to believe they were limited production so he could in turn lie to the customers.

Our family usually always goes through the fleet department when buying a car. They are often more knowledgeable, friendly, and dont purposely try to rip you off.

Quick Reply: Car Salesman!!!!! True Story