GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Car Salesman!!!!! True Story

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2004, 07:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shandy294
Only available in ext. cab ?

Yup, The VHO is an Extended Cab only truck. Unless they changed something within the past couple days.
Old 09-11-2004, 07:33 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by superchargedchevy02
thats not true if you finance the vehicle with the dealer and let them provide the financing they will make proffit on the interest rate. See they get whats called a buy rate and then they sell it to the customer at a mark up. If you have great credit and say you can get 4% well the dealer gets the rate at a lower rate I think 1/2 a % point lower. and thats how they make their money in finance, without going into great detail. So it is relevent. and a pre approved loan from your bank is a cash deal to the dealer.

From what I have heard the dealers arent going threw banks half the time. GM uses its own money so you can finance. GMAC is just a company with GM runs. So if you are paying 4% from GMAC, GM is getting att 4%. that is why you see all these 0 apr and 1.9 because GM is using there cash as collateral I mean it is there oney in the first place. That is what I have been told from a few managers of dealerships. If it doesnt make since I am sorry I am way tired. Been a long week.
Old 09-11-2004, 07:34 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by niwtsol
hey hey if u and ur friend really wanna look at a vho come down to houston. right down 290 lonestart chevrolet. i went in there and they had like 5 vho. it was beautiful. they have alot of joe gibbs and a few SS. but yes. they suffer the same fate becuase their salesmen are retarded.
Thanks for the Info, We both go to A&M and just wanted to see if the local dealer had any or any info. I will tell my friend about the ones in H-town since we are both from there. His dad can go by and chat at the salesmans and maybe buy one.
Old 09-12-2004, 08:45 PM
Launching!

My personal favorite dealership experience was when i was told how to use the keyless entry remote after i just had locked my truck with my key fob.
Old 09-12-2004, 08:57 PM
Launching!

The "car salesman stupidity disease" is alive and well in Pensacola. At local dealer here I was asking about availability of Silverado VHO and described it as the 6.0L 2wd ext cab Silverado and I promptly received the "oh you mean the SS" response. He was like a dog with a frisbee as we went back and forth with him saying how I was actually confused and looking for the SS model and they didnt have any, but they could order them for me. I swear it went back and forth for like 7 minutes like a demented SNL skit.
Maybe the GMC sales guys have a clue? Maybe???
Old 09-12-2004, 11:13 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SaintLos
The "car salesman stupidity disease" is alive and well in Pensacola. At local dealer here I was asking about availability of Silverado VHO and described it as the 6.0L 2wd ext cab Silverado and I promptly received the "oh you mean the SS" response. He was like a dog with a frisbee as we went back and forth with him saying how I was actually confused and looking for the SS model and they didnt have any, but they could order them for me. I swear it went back and forth for like 7 minutes like a demented SNL skit.
Maybe the GMC sales guys have a clue? Maybe???

If you want I could send you a link of the invoices i found so you can walk up and show them.

But the VHO from what I am hearing is only Texas, arkansas, and Louisiana so i could understand the dealers in Fl not knowing. But the fact that they DONT listen to teh customer and ASSUME something is what is wrong.

I did go to both dealerships he next day and made then make copies of the invoices. The GMC guys were glad i found them and said they would be working on gettign on in town. The chevy guys were still to busy to talk to me but teh made a copy to look at later. Was kind of fullfiling to go there and show them THEY were teh dumb ones and I knew what I was talking about.
Old 09-16-2004, 04:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

But the VHO from what I am hearing is only Texas, arkansas, and Louisiana so i could understand the dealers in Fl not knowing. But the fact that they DONT listen to teh customer and ASSUME something is what is wrong.

I did go to both dealerships he next day and made then make copies of the invoices. The GMC guys were glad i found them and said they would be working on gettign on in town. The chevy guys were still to busy to talk to me but teh made a copy to look at later. Was kind of fullfiling to go there and show them THEY were teh dumb ones and I knew what I was talking about.[/QUOTE]

That is perfect! I woulda loved to see the look on their faces when the invoice ( and price they would be losing ) was under their nose. Not surprising the Chibby guys pooh-poohed ya.
I also understand the VHO is limited to the TX region too. I heard NM might be included but they are definitely limited product and distribution. I just wish GM offered the VHO option last year. Damn the luck!
Old 09-16-2004, 06:32 PM
Teching In

If I were you, I would rub it in his face as professionally and as thoroughly as possible. On second thought, I seriously doubt I would be professional. Sounds like the guy was just a real horses *** that needs to be humbled.
Old 10-13-2006, 07:31 PM
Mr. Obvious

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its not limited to the texas region we have at least one at almost all dealerships

in fact the ss's are rarer than the vho's are
Old 10-13-2006, 08:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I found my vho at grayson motors in sherman tx. pm me if want a copy of my window sticker. They had two when I bought mine. White and black. Black's faster so I bought it!!!!

Quick Reply: Car Salesman!!!!! True Story