Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Car Salesman!!!!! True Story

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 09:08 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He started this tread two years ago...the trucks probably got 20,000 miles on it by now.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:08 PM
Destroyer of Transmissions

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys realize this thread is over 2 years old right?
Old 10-13-2006, 11:24 PM
TECH Resident

Old 10-14-2006, 11:05 AM
On The Tree

Yep, Ive been to that Chevy dealership in College Station. Those guys are complete idiots. I went there to see if they could program the mielage in my denali gauge cluster and they told me that those gauges wont even work in my truck nor would it fit. Then they went on about how the PCM had to be reprogrammed and then it might work-hahaha. I just figured if they didnt want to help me I would just take my business elsewhere. Everytime I need a part I just go to the the GMC/Cadillac dealership-WAY more professional
Old 10-15-2006, 11:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

i went to tomlight chevy up in c.s. too look for a truck for my gf and they didn't even talk to me, and the guy in service departmnet treated me like an idiot when the abs recal cam out saying there was nothing about it, but they work look at it for me for $80, i said hell no
Old 10-16-2006, 01:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Who even brought this thread out??????????
I was glad someone clued in on this. I don't blame the salesman for not knowing what a VHO was at that time. There were very few VHO's at that time. When I bought my 2005 VHO in Feb of 2005, the salesman never heard of that kind of truck either. He was a great salesman though, he did a search and located several of them for me to choose from that he could have delivered to the dealership. (Munday Chevrolet)
I'd buy from him again, but he now works at a Dodge/ Chrysler/ Jeep dealership now. No Dodge products for me.
Anyways, MODERATORS, delete this thread!!!

Jim
Old 10-16-2006, 01:57 PM
Need More N2O Mod

thats great, i will agree 100% that just about all salesman dont konw crap. I went to a local dealer looking for a awd tbss and they said there was no such thing. well after a few min of me telling him i own a 03 sss and then he still didn't think there was awd tbss. well i opened the book and showed him and his manager. well they got on the search and found one 800 miles away. they agreed they made one and said they were sorry but then followed up with awd dont handle very well and it rides bad. i asked haveyou ever drove a awd vech? the were like no but we have 4wd trucks here. I just said thanks and turned around and walked out. the sales man followed me out to ask why i was leaving. I told him you dont have what i want and i would never buy from here. I jumped in the ford and covered the parking lot with black smoke from the powerstroke.

another story lol, i was getting the oil changed in the powerstroke at a ford dealer and they had alot of new mustang gt's with the hoods open. i walked over while i was waiting just to look and see what was new. not a whole lot has changed. well this new guy comes over and starts to talk about how much things have changed. I told him i was a chevy guy and i would buy a old camaro before i got a stang. he told me i would throw rocks at a chevy after driving it.i told him i wasn't really interested just wanted to see what under the hood as it was new. lol here is the good part. the guy started to say oh man alot has changed. they upgraded this 4.6 motor from the old 4.8 and it has alot more power. i stoped him and told him there has never been a 4.8 in a mustang. i told him that they started putting 4.6 in the stang back in 1996 and before that it was the 5.0 he got this deer in the headlight look and said real quick well if you want to drive anything just let me know and ran off lol.
Old 10-16-2006, 03:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GoldenVelvet
After you get the truck at another dealership drive it by and show them what it is..

yeah thats a good idea. i didnt know about the VHO trucks. if i did i would have got one. but they are real. i know i saw like 2 or three at monument chevrolet in pasadena. a red one and i think either a black or white one. i saw them about 2 or so weeks ago.. they are sweet. i hope you find one.as far as im concerned half of the ****** on the lots are " lost in the sauce". pay them no mind. and go show them when you get your VHO!