Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Centerline Internet purchases

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 10:04 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was going to get a set of Centerline's. I was all set, they were in the overstock section, so I thought I would just call them up and go to the facility and pick them up, cause it is overstock there should lots of them just laying around. Call up two days before I am lowering my truck and switching out rim/tires and they say they have nothing in stock at the time. Even after I ended up going a different route I would check back and the rims had to have stayed up there for a month.

Really bad service if you ask me or at least really deceptive.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Far and away the worst purchasing experience that I have ever had in my entire life. Its been almost 8 weeks now and no sign of my rims. Called them today and find out that it will be atleast 2 more weeks before they even get to mine again. They say that they sent some of the "Ultra series" Stingrays out for testing as they periodically do and had some suspect material results and as a result had to junk a whole bunch of rims and get a new batch of material and forge all new sets of wheels and redesigned the wheel. If they had suspect material and couldn't use the blank forgings that they were "overstocked" with and have to make all new forgings, why in the hell are they still in the overstocked sale section? If it is truely that they found out that they could not make a 19lb 20" ultra series rim strong enough, as the weight is now advertised at 24lbs, why did they put these things up for sale and let people order them before they had even tested them? I honestly don't know what to make of this situation or Centerline. Thoroughly discouraged with this purchasing experience.