Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Chevrolet Colorado SS to have 400hp LS2

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 02:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Chevrolet Colorado SS to have 400hp LS2

Can't believe it but I just read it in the new issue of Sport Truck. Says and I quote, "...GM road-going performance-oriented sport trucks are alive and kicking in the minds of the designers. The Colorado SS comes with the 400hp LS2 V-8 and a complete package of high-performance tuning." I'll try and scan in the page tomorrow when I get a chance.

Definately makes me think about waiting on any more mods to my truck if this really does happen. 287hp Fullsize truck or 400hp Colorado . Let's see the price first though.
Old 01-28-2005, 02:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 2002yroneformula
Can't believe it but I just read it in the new issue of Sport Truck. Says and I quote, "...GM road-going performance-oriented sport trucks are alive and kicking in the minds of the designers. The Colorado SS comes with the 400hp LS2 V-8 and a complete package of high-performance tuning." I'll try and scan in the page tomorrow when I get a chance.

Definately makes me think about waiting on any more mods to my truck if this really does happen. 287hp Fullsize truck or 400hp Colorado . Let's see the price first though.

Even though it would be a badass truck, and would sell really well, we all know the General wont ever produce such a truck.
Old 01-28-2005, 02:19 AM
12 Second Club

I would get a 400hp Colorado SS. In black, of course. Heck, if they offered the 4.8L in one, I'd get it (then swap something bigger in.)
Old 01-28-2005, 09:07 AM
MOOBIES Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you sure that wasn't just a concept? I didn't read it as they were actually going to produce it.

I'm glad the truck's going to be paid off next year...an LS2 Colorado or RCSB Silvy SS w/ the LS2 sure sounds like awesome daily driver material to me!
Old 01-28-2005, 09:34 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if it does happen i'll expect it to be 390hp and AWD. not sure gm remembers how to get power to just 2 tires anymore.
Old 01-28-2005, 12:53 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

I'll believe it when I see it. GM is notorious for teasing us with cool realistic concepts that never make it off the drawing board. In other words, they suck when it comes to performance enthusiast offerings with a low budget in mind.
Old 01-28-2005, 12:54 PM
MOOBIES Moderator

Here's more info from another site:

http://forums.gminsidenews.com/showthread.php?t=8374
Old 01-28-2005, 02:03 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
I'll believe it when I see it. GM is notorious for teasing us with cool realistic concepts that never make it off the drawing board. In other words, they suck when it comes to performance enthusiast offerings with a low budget in mind.
Yeah, like the ZL1 powered Camaro Jon Moss built several years back. I hate it when they torture us like that. I mean what's the point?
Old 01-28-2005, 04:00 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Yeah right. I too will believe it when I see it. Why would GM produce that and not a rcsb SS? GM needs to "walk the talk". The market for performance trucks is out there and if they want in then they need to get in. The SSR is nice, but I don't really consider that a truck. The current versions of the SS/VHO are nice as well, but GM could do so much more with our trucks. Then again, maybe I'm out of touch...
Old 01-28-2005, 04:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by nativetexan
Yeah right. I too will believe it when I see it. Why would GM produce that and not a rcsb SS? GM needs to "walk the talk". The market for performance trucks is out there and if they want in then they need to get in. The SSR is nice, but I don't really consider that a truck. The current versions of the SS/VHO are nice as well, but GM could do so much more with our trucks. Then again, maybe I'm out of touch...
I may be incorrect, but hasn't it already been confirmed that there will be an SS offered in a RCSB in 2006?

Quick Reply: Chevrolet Colorado SS to have 400hp LS2