Old 03-26-2004, 11:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what are you doing to the 66 ??
One of my favorites - 65's and 66's
Old 03-26-2004, 05:45 PM
On The Tree

i dont know where or if you went to law school, but that's not entirely correct.

Originally Posted by LS1csherm
Red
Not going to debate with you
I do this for a living - I run the process for an entire state.
My girl - does the same thing for a living
I am with a Fortune 500 company
She is with a Fortune 500 company
She and I do this everyday and deal with this everyday
Not trying to bust on you - but I know what I am talking about.
Would not post it if it was not true.
Does not mean you cant sue em - two different things.
Here is something for you to read - hope it helps.......
Law school stuff...
Old 03-26-2004, 08:50 PM
Teching In

Well, looks like city is going to cooperate. No bad vibes yet. The claims people called me and told me to get two estimates and fax them over. They will pay the lower of the two. So I am getting a lot of estimates. So far looks like about $1400 +/-. They were going to talk to the bus people today and get thier side of things. Should know something on Monday. They said if it was over $1500 they would have to send out an independent appraiser.

Anyway, may fix it myself. Found that I can get a set of new mirrors with the curb light in the bottom as well, for around $300. They are new GM lights from a custom shop in CA. Not sure how is selling $1000 mirrors for $300, but seems reliable. The fender flare is $200. The door handle also got rubbed pretty hard, but I may just get some chrome covers for those instead of replacing it.

Worst part I noticed is that when the bus hit the mirror, it hit the metal bracket that is bolted to the truck. instead of breaking off, this bent forward.
If you look at the triangle of the mirror mount, the bottom rear 90 degree corner pulled out and forward some. It will need to pulled/pushed back in for the new mirror to mount flat again. Tonight in the dark under a street light Dad noticed a bit of wave in the sheetmetal under the mirror where that corner pulled out. No paint will be needed or if so, touch up can be used under the mirror. No need to re-shoot the whole door. Even if I buy the parts and fix it myself, I may still let the body shop work the metal issue. This slight wave is only barely noticable in the dark with a light on it so I may not worry about it as long as I can pull/push the corner back in.

-----------------------------------------------------
As for getting rid of it, I can't really afford to. I got such a good deal invoice plus rebate and 8k down. Plus, Its what I have always wanted. I think I just have to quit trying to be so careful with it. Reminds of getting a new pair of shoes when I was younger. Try so hard to keep them clean and nice that they end up the nastiest pair you have.

-----------------------------------------------------
As for the 66 Caprice. Who knows when its going to be finished or even really started. New truck, New baby, No Money, No Time....... It is off the frame right now. Most is in boxes and bags. Planning to make a street machine type of hotrod. Long and smooth. 17s or 18s - 500HP 6.0L or ZZ502. Custom Dash and interior. Can't wait, when do see a 66 Caprice, its a low-rider or pretty plain. At the rate things are going, Cody my son will be building it, not me.
Old 03-29-2004, 08:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Good to hear...
Old 03-29-2004, 07:30 PM
Teching In

well, city is paying. check should be here in a few days. truck should be back to new a week or so. looks like they are gonna have to repaint the door in order to fix the metal wrinkle. oh well......
Old 03-29-2004, 08:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

At least they are taking care of you.