TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by white1
Yes you do
what effects would i notice?
Old 04-26-2006, 09:47 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Possibly none, but anytime you change the PCM (or engine unless you use the PCM that came with the engine youre swaping) you need to have it done. You could possibly have a slight missfire, and the PCM may or may not catch it. Mine felt like it idled a little smoother and shifted a little better when I had it done, but it could have been a faulty butt dyno, Taco bell day or something maybe.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by white1
Possibly none, but anytime you change the PCM (or engine unless you use the PCM that came with the engine youre swaping) you need to have it done. You could possibly have a slight missfire, and the PCM may or may not catch it. Mine felt like it idled a little smoother and shifted a little better when I had it done, but it could have been a faulty butt dyno, Taco bell day or something maybe.
lol,, gotcha, guess it wont hurt to do it. i'll report back
Old 04-27-2006, 12:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldn't drive it running that rich. That much extra fuel is too much for the PCM to trim out and it's going to wash down the cylinder walls. If you got catalytic converters this could ruin them. Your biggest risk is at startup where it's still in open loop and the oil is cold.
Old 04-27-2006, 01:14 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by James B.
I wouldn't drive it running that rich. That much extra fuel is too much for the PCM to trim out and it's going to wash down the cylinder walls. If you got catalytic converters this could ruin them. Your biggest risk is at startup where it's still in open loop and the oil is cold.
I dont have much of a choice, this is my only daily driver. You are right though about startup because this is when the motor shakes real bad and sputters. Once I kick it into drive and get it down the road it is almost un noticable except for a slight surge every now and then and as long as I dont put my foot into it. I will be swapping to an ORY in 2 weeks so that cats do not concern me. I drove it today and will have to drive it tomorrow and hoepfully that will be the last day. Joe said I should call him tuesday to see if he can get me in for a tune. This sucks so bad that the dealership could not follow simple instructions, somewhere between the service rep and the tech, the info got mixed up and now Im paying for it after I did all I thought was neccessary
Old 04-27-2006, 05:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

I actually talked to the tech about it also, just to make sure I didnt lose a $400 tune.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:39 PM
TECH Resident

Its official, I will not be driving it like this anymore. I called vinci and they said that I would wash the rings down and ruin the motor as others have told me. I wont be able to get it in for the dyno tune until what could be days after next tuesday because vinci is busy so I also called Jesse at wait4me and explained to him that I cant use my stock computer while I wait for the one the dealer messed up to be retuned so he will just send me another one tomorrow with the tune I have on file and will work out the difference when he receives his back. I wouldnt do this but I need my truck for work starting Wednesday next week and cant risk vinci not being ready for a few days after. Jesse has been really great in working this out with me and his tune worked great for all of the modifications that I had before the dealer got a hold of it.

Word of advice, grab the tech by the ear and say "do you understand the words that are comming out my mouth"
Old 04-27-2006, 06:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Which dealership did you take it to in O-town?
Old 04-27-2006, 06:50 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 01pewter2001z28
Which dealership did you take it to in O-town?
I went to the one off of 434 and maitland blvd, they have a hummer lot, volkswagon lot all in the same area
Old 04-27-2006, 07:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by OrlandoFL4.8
I went to the one off of 434 and maitland blvd, they have a hummer lot, volkswagon lot all in the same area
Classic Chevrolet yea part of the Holler group they are a bunch of Bozo's so far the only two dealerships I have found that will work with moded cars and trucks is Holiday Chevrolet in St. Cloud and Palm Bay Chevrolet (it's a bit of a drive but they understand we mod are cars and take care of customers).

Hope it all works out for you

Sean

Quick Reply: Dealer screwed up my tune