Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Denali Stolen

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 10:06 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blown02Sierra
We only have liability insurance so I think were screwed. Needless to say, Lo-Jack, 2-way pager, motion sensors, fuel cutoff, and train horns are on their way.

i hear ya there.. im going silent alarm and putting in solenoid pops for the doors no more handles for me..oh yeah and my insurance wont cover anything stolen out of the truck...i have to go though my home owners...
Old 11-01-2006, 08:45 PM
8MC
TECH Apprentice

Buddy of mine had a train horn under his seat and connected to his alarm. Some dude tried to jack his stereo and needless to say, he now wears a hearing aid. Sorry to hear about the theft, there are a lot of bitches in Vegas.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:47 PM
Launching!

Can a switch be made that will give you a delay after opening the door before it starts honking. Say you opened your door, there would be a small button under your seat or something (out of plain sight) that you have to press so the horns won't go off. You can unplug an alarm, or lo-jack in a matter of seconds. You could do the same with this, but most thieves wouldn't expect it. This will be independent of the alarm or any other security feature, since most thieves will be able to defeat them in a few seconds.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:10 PM
formerly silverbrick (changed 02/17/2013)

Originally Posted by 8MC
Buddy of mine had a train horn under his seat and connected to his alarm. Some dude tried to jack his stereo and needless to say, he now wears a hearing aid. Sorry to hear about the theft, there are a lot of bitches in Vegas.
that would suck for your buddy who you told to go get your wallet out of the glove box and you forgot it was activated...
Old 11-02-2006, 02:51 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they are good ones and bad ones of all types and color.

but i will say this if some one pull onthe side of me and throws a bottle at my truck they would have just a soon bought a ticket to their grave i will do just like my brother did it cost him about 8k to get out of it but he did.and he shot 3 guys that tried running him off the road(shot 15 times the truck look ed like swiss cheese and they were all hit at least once and one was hit 3 times) to sum it up i don't care what color you are,are where you are from i work hard for what i have and i will not have someone else take it away.

thats why the 40 cal goes where i go
Old 11-02-2006, 05:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Blown02Sierra
My mom and grandma took my mom's denali to the swap meet today in north town. There just so happened to be a large majority of hispanic people. When they went to leave it was gone. It was found later the same night without any interior "no dash, door panels, seats, steering column, anything" and with cheap wheels on it. It was a fully loaded 04 GMC Yukon Denali with 22" Kaotik Passions. They were able to keep onstar from tracking their location within minutes of taking the truck *must have ripped the box out*.

So for a recap of recent events in my family:

1: 2 Hispanic males each unload a clip from their 9mm pistols at me and hit my truck

2. A hispanic male steals my aunt's purse from her shopping cart at Wal-Mart as she's unloading her car, but trips on his overly large pants and drops the wallet out.

3. My mom's truck get stolen from a mostly hispanic swap meet and stripped.

Now I hope that everyone can understand any ethnocentric comments that I have made / will make. I want to move northeast.
Dude that sucks......but the Northeast isnt any better. Trust me