Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

dodge srt10 markup

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2004, 12:52 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First of all, those trucks need to lose the "beaner spoiler". Also the sticker is around 46k, so there is a 20k mark-up. To top that off, there is a recall on the engine for defective cam bolts that can shear off. I got all of this info from my brother in law who is a service manager for a Dodge dealer. He says they are a piece of ****, and that the only reason he works there is for job security because they break all of the time.
Old 04-03-2004, 01:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by yellowls1truck
He says they are a piece of ****
That seems to be the norm with Dodges. They have a don't care attitude about thier stuff.
Old 04-03-2004, 01:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

you guys are retarded if you think an entire brand of dodge vechicles are all pos.
Old 04-03-2004, 01:56 PM
Launching!

I used to work for Dodge too, thats how my sister met my brother in law. Id say 90% of Dodge's **** sucks ***. They cant make an auto trans that will last more than 15k miles. They can keep a headgasket on a Neon for more than 25-30k. Brand new 50k dollar Jeep Grand Cherokee's need new rear axle assemblies. I can go on and on all night long. For example, take any chrysler part number. look at the letters on the end of it. They will have an AA, AB, AC and so on. Those numbers mean the part has been updated with a "better" part. You wont find too many parts with less than AD on the end. ****, the Neon head gasket was on AK when i quit working ther 2 years ago.
Old 04-03-2004, 03:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by gator's 99TA
you guys are retarded if you think an entire brand of dodge vechicles are all pos.
Have you not seen the Chrysler Sebring's that look like they are falling apart after 2 years or so? How bout the other cars that follow the same pattern. The service department of one dealership I went to take my dad's Dakota to, laughed at me and basically called me a moron when I told him it was slow and getting bad gas mileage (about 13mpg) in a v6 . He told me that was about normal. It won't hold 80 on the freeway ... but that's normal.

How bout a brand new Intrepid that an ex-coworker had as a rental. The AC quit on her in the middle of the AZ desert on her way to Pheonix.

The only thing good I can say about the Dakota, is it does run when Im chasing parts for mine. Of course .. it takes me a lot longer to get there, but it will get there. Part of it's problem is it keeps the torque converter locked almost all the time from half waythrough 2nd on. I assume that is to save on that **** bomb of a tranny they have in there. WIth the MASSIVE cooler it has, you would think it could hold a little more stall than 1000 and wouldn't have to have it locked all the time.

IMO .. they offer the 7yr/70k warranty cause they know the stuff they churn out is a bunch of half-assed **** and they don't really care about it as long as someone is buying it. It's kinda like they pawn thier problems off on the consumer.

I won't even start on the over-hyper/over-priced HEMI that likes to drop valves whenever the hell it feels like it.

You should see some of the horror stories that pop up on the Dodge truck forums. It's almost sad that they are so proud of thier junk.
Old 04-03-2004, 03:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gator's 99TA
I am tired of your name calling ****. This is just yellowls1truck's opnion and many here agree with him including myself.
If you disagree, back it up with facts.
Old 04-03-2004, 04:07 PM
Launching!

It is my opinion, based on first hand experience. Its like the saying goes: "Opinions are like feet, everyones got a few and they stink". Im not trying to bust anyones *****, just relaying my observations about SOME quallity control issues that Dodge has yet to address.
Old 04-03-2004, 06:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by yellowls1truck
just relaying observations about SOME quallity control issues that Dodge has yet to address.
Old 04-03-2004, 11:47 PM
Teching In

Thumbs down

Dodge!!! Wow