Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Does Traction control cause control issues under sudden acceleration ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 12:17 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does Traction control cause control issues under sudden acceleration ?

Hope that is what it is. When I really punch it in my procharged Escalade, the front end seems to have a mind of its own, pulling quickly one way or another randomly. My mechanic says the wheel alignment is fine, so just wondering if traction control is doing this to me. The vehicle is AWD.

Only mods are headers, exhaust, procharger D1, and Yank 3000 TT. 0-60 approx 5 seconds so not a world beater, but fairly quick.

Just curious as to what is causing this, cuz it scares the outta me when it happens.

Thanks

D
Old 04-30-2009, 12:38 AM
Launching!

AWD doesnt have traction control...hence AWD...
Old 04-30-2009, 12:43 AM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It being an Escalade it should have Stabilitrak which would be trying to prevent wheel spin to help you maintain control of the vehicle.

Edit: Do you not have a button to disable stabilitrak?
Old 04-30-2009, 01:21 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by viciousknid
It being an Escalade it should have Stabilitrak which would be trying to prevent wheel spin to help you maintain control of the vehicle.

Edit: Do you not have a button to disable stabilitrak?
x2 just look for the t/c off button if u have one and hold it down till it says stabilitrak off
Old 04-30-2009, 05:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The off/on button is on the right side of the center console. It is the one with squiggly lines on it, the other turns off the back up sensors. HTH Stabiltrak is like a hybrid active handling system for AWD, it will cause the brakes to pulsate, throttle to accel/dece, and engine to shut down if needed. With all the HP and TQ you have, it can come one easily on less than perfect traction.
Old 04-30-2009, 05:40 PM
TECH Junkie

it almost sounds like torque steer... if it does that with stabilitrac off let us know.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:08 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 00Silv4.8
it almost sounds like torque steer... if it does that with stabilitrac off let us know.
Thanks for all the responses, will test with the stabilitrak off and report back. Excuse my ignorance but what is torquesteer?
Old 04-30-2009, 11:42 PM
Where's the Beef?

Originally Posted by Blowndenalixl
Thanks for all the responses, will test with the stabilitrak off and report back. Excuse my ignorance but what is torquesteer?
If you have a lot more torque going to one front wheel than the other you will feel it in your steering wheel.
One wheel is pulling harder than the other and it causes you to have to fight the wheel.

can be caused by many things. Report back with your findings.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:13 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by viciousknid
If you have a lot more torque going to one front wheel than the other you will feel it in your steering wheel.One wheel is pulling harder than the other and it causes you to have to fight the wheel.can be caused by many things. Report back with your findings.
That is exactly what is happening - having to fight the steering wheel.* Can I throw money at it, and if so, what would I do?I will try some more with the t/c button off, but I am afraid that is the issue - it only happens when I step on it hard, and now with the Yank I get the higher rpms that the procharger likes much quicker.* Doh...
Old 05-01-2009, 02:29 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Blowndenalixl
That is exactly what is happening - having to fight the steering wheel.* Can I throw money at it, and if so, what would I do?I will try some more with the t/c button off, but I am afraid that is the issue - it only happens when I step on it hard, and now with the Yank I get the higher rpms that the procharger likes much quicker.* Doh...
Torque steer is a bigger problem on FWD cars not AWD cars but it still happens. I'd check the stabilitrack first! Good luck!

Quick Reply: Does Traction control cause control issues under sudden acceleration ?