Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

dogs are pathetic /major vent 3

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2003, 01:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: dogs are pathetic /major vent 3

You are correct and I take offense to that as well! See my signature! My wife and I spend A LOT of our spare time in rescuing dogs from situautions and people like those above. What people don't realize is it's not the dogs fault, but they are the one's that suffer or end up losing their lives because of careless owners and cruel people! Instead of being inhumane and doing such cruel things like that why don't you pick up the damn phone and call a local rescue or your local animal shelter and have them picked up?! Instead you choose to kill them in inhumane way....that's just plain wrong and I agree, you should think before you post something like that! There are those of us out there who spend our time trying to save those dogs from people like you!! Just my .02!

Magic Weenie recipe:

1 package of the cheapest hotdog weenies you can buy.
1 gallon of the cheapest antifreeze you can buy.

Slice weenie(s) in half and let soak in antifreeze overnight.
Place weenie(s) in strategic position(s) where dog activity is taking place.
Sit back and enjoy the silence.

[/quote]

I think I will be speaking for more than one person in this Forum

This is truly the most disgusting inhumane thing I have EVER seen anyone post. Bad taste here man....Think before you post.

Signed, Animal Lover.

[/quote]
Old 10-01-2003, 01:23 PM
On The Tree

(I'm not suggesting anything here ), but on our farms we get quite a few stray dogs that people from the city just dump out in the country. These poor bastard dogs are worse than wolves and will eat/attack all your livestock. It's hard to catch the smarter ones that only come out at night, but the *magic weenie* usually does the trick.

Magic Weenie recipe:

What? Not man enough to shoot them? Not a good enough shot? Hell, I'm all for pest control (whether the pest is 2 or 4 legged) but don't do it through antifreeze...do you have any idea what that **** does to an animal? It shuts their kidneys down. Basically, it keeps the animal from being able to clean its own blood, and slowly (and quite painfully, BTW) it poisons itself to death.

So if they're stray dogs, be a man and learn to shoot. Or call animal control. If they're NOT strays, give their owners 7 days notice, written, via certified mail, and start shooting them.

Byrdman
Old 10-01-2003, 01:25 PM
On The Tree

Oh, BTW, SportVortech...why don't you call animal control? Tell them there is a strange dog barking its head off in your neighborhood.

Or, maybe, address it with the owner...

Just a thought...

Byrdman
Old 10-01-2003, 03:06 PM
Teching In

(I'm not suggesting anything here ), but on our farms we get quite a few stray dogs that people from the city just dump out in the country. These poor bastard dogs are worse than wolves and will eat/attack all your livestock. It's hard to catch the smarter ones that only come out at night, but the *magic weenie* usually does the trick.

Magic Weenie recipe:

Another here horrified that this is being suggested. My family raised beef cattle for 50 years and we NEVER resorted to this sort of cruel animal control. If capture and removal is not an option I agree with MCKNBRD completely, be a man and do it quickly and humanely.
Old 10-01-2003, 03:20 PM
TECH Resident

well thats the problem I know the owners. I have spoken to them and mentioned it, (half the reason I get upset) and lately its seems a bit better.

Like you guys said its not the dog that pisses me off (cuz I just think theyres stupid dogs and then theres smart dogs, this one being stupid and just begging to get its head blown off) so it can't help it. Its the irresponsible owners that bother me.

I will admit I think the antifreeze is a little harsh (geez neil ), but the fact is if animal control isnt an option, and its seriously affecting your livestock = income, then somethings gotta be done, just do it quickly. The poor things just dont know any better (no matter how many times you tell them).
Old 10-01-2003, 03:34 PM
TECH Addict

What? Not man enough to shoot them? Not a good enough shot?

Or call animal control. If they're NOT strays, give their owners 7 days notice, written, via certified mail, and start shooting them.

Byrdman
Yes, the ones that are caught in the act are shot on site. But when you have 4 different farms that are spread out over several counties, you can't be everywhere at the same time, especially at 4am.

Calling animal control is useless, they won't travel very far past the city limits and definetely won't come out to your farm that is 40 miles away...even if you have the dog(s) captured. They are a very low budget operation and have nearly gone under several times in the past few years.

Believe me guys, it's not something I'm proud of doing, and using the magic weenie is only used as a last resort when all other methods fail. What pisses me off is that the "owners" of the dogs don't do the right thing in the first place. The pound is on the east side of the city....you basically drive right past it on the way out to the country. Instead of calling animal control or dropping them off at the pound, they drive 20-30 miles out in the country and stop at a spot that looks pretty and kick the animals out. Seen it happen a hundred times. Those people suck.

I'm not a dog hater. I like most of them and have had some great ones throughout the years. But I show no mercy to the ones that destroy valuable property and threaten your livelihood. Try explaining to your banker that you can't repay your ag loan because a pack of dogs killed all of your newborn lambs & goats. The banker could care less.
Old 10-01-2003, 04:39 PM
On The Tree

What? Not man enough to shoot them? Not a good enough shot?

Or call animal control. If they're NOT strays, give their owners 7 days notice, written, via certified mail, and start shooting them.

Byrdman
Yes, the ones that are caught in the act are shot on site. But when you have 4 different farms that are spread out over several counties, you can't be everywhere at the same time, especially at 4am.

Calling animal control is useless, they won't travel very far past the city limits and definetely won't come out to your farm that is 40 miles away...even if you have the dog(s) captured. They are a very low budget operation and have nearly gone under several times in the past few years.

Believe me guys, it's not something I'm proud of doing, and using the magic weenie is only used as a last resort when all other methods fail. What pisses me off is that the "owners" of the dogs don't do the right thing in the first place. The pound is on the east side of the city....you basically drive right past it on the way out to the country. Instead of calling animal control or dropping them off at the pound, they drive 20-30 miles out in the country and stop at a spot that looks pretty and kick the animals out. Seen it happen a hundred times. Those people suck.

I'm not a dog hater. I like most of them and have had some great ones throughout the years. But I show no mercy to the ones that destroy valuable property and threaten your livelihood. Try explaining to your banker that you can't repay your ag loan because a pack of dogs killed all of your newborn lambs & goats. The banker could care less.
You make a valid point about interfering with your ability to raise your herds...and I'd never advocate saving some stray over feeding your family...I just question the method. If you're so sure that its dogs, pick up a hav-a-heart trap and put some food in it...when you go the next day, take a .22 with you and put a round in the animal before you drag it out of the cage...simple, humane, and perfectly legal if its on your property. Its how my buddy here trimmed down his feral cat population on his property...they were killing every squirrel, rabbit, and turkey on his land...and it works like a champ.

I just don't like seeing what happens to an animal when it ingests antifreeze...it happened to a good friend's dog, and he had to explain to his 4 year old daughter why Denver was sick and never coming home again...

See...its a simple solution...a couple of hav-a-heart traps and a 22, and you're all set.

Byrdman
Old 10-02-2003, 08:48 PM
Teching In

watch out when you shoot a dog for harassing livestock. I'm being prosecuted right now for animal cruelty for shooting a dog that was chasing my cows (F*&%in city ppl livn in the country)