Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

DONT BUY GAS ON MAY 19th

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2004, 12:15 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DONT BUY GAS ON MAY 19th

My friend e-mailed this to me today and I decided to post this here so we can all do this and try to do something about these damn gas prices.

IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE IN THE UNITED STATES DID NOT PURCHASE A DROP OF GASOLINE FOR ONE DAY AND ALL AT THE SAME TIME, THE OIL COMPANIES WOULD CHOKE ON THEIR STOCKPILES. AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY WITH A NET LOSS OF
OVER 4.6 BILLION DOLLARS WHICH AFFECTS THE BOTTOM LINES OF THE OIL
COMPANIES. THEREFORE MAY 19TH HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED "STICK IT UP THEIR BEHIND" DAY AND THE PEOPLE OF THIS NATION SHOULD NOT BUY A SINGLE DROP OF GASOLINE THAT DAY. THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN BE DONE IS IF YOU FORWARD THIS E-MAIL TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN AND AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN TO GET THE WORD OUT. WAITING ON THIS ADMINISTRATION TO STEP IN AND CONTROL THE PRICES IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REDUCTION AND CONTROL IN PRICES THAT THE ARAB NATIONS PROMISED TWO WEEKS AGO?
REMEMBER ONE THING, NOT ONLY IS THE PRICE OF GASOLINE GOING UP BUT AT THE SAME TIME AIRLINES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES, TRUCKING COMPANIES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES WHICH EFFECTS PRICES ON EVERYTHING THAT IS SHIPPED. THINGS LIKE FOOD, CLOTHING, BUILDING MATERIALS, MEDICAL SUPPLIES ETC. WHO PAYS IN THE END? WE DO!
WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. IF THEY DON'T GET THE MESSAGE AFTER ONE DAY, WE WILL DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN. SO DO YOUR PART AND SPREAD THE WORD. FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO EVERYONE
YOU KNOW. MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND MAKE MAY 19TH A DAY THAT THE CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES SAY "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH"

I filled up today and spent 54 fu*king dollars to fill it up. Damn thats too much for fu*kin gas. Im not gonna buy any gas on that day and hopefully a lot of other people wont either so the oil companies will feel the jolt. If needed I will do the same on any other "day" that is annointed for this purpose.
Old 05-15-2004, 12:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Count me in!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by sierraon22s
My friend e-mailed this to me today and I decided to post this here so we can all do this and try to do something about these damn gas prices.

IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE IN THE UNITED STATES DID NOT PURCHASE A DROP OF GASOLINE FOR ONE DAY AND ALL AT THE SAME TIME, THE OIL COMPANIES WOULD CHOKE ON THEIR STOCKPILES. AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY WITH A NET LOSS OF
OVER 4.6 BILLION DOLLARS WHICH AFFECTS THE BOTTOM LINES OF THE OIL
COMPANIES. THEREFORE MAY 19TH HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED "STICK IT UP THEIR BEHIND" DAY AND THE PEOPLE OF THIS NATION SHOULD NOT BUY A SINGLE DROP OF GASOLINE THAT DAY. THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN BE DONE IS IF YOU FORWARD THIS E-MAIL TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN AND AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN TO GET THE WORD OUT. WAITING ON THIS ADMINISTRATION TO STEP IN AND CONTROL THE PRICES IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REDUCTION AND CONTROL IN PRICES THAT THE ARAB NATIONS PROMISED TWO WEEKS AGO?
REMEMBER ONE THING, NOT ONLY IS THE PRICE OF GASOLINE GOING UP BUT AT THE SAME TIME AIRLINES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES, TRUCKING COMPANIES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES WHICH EFFECTS PRICES ON EVERYTHING THAT IS SHIPPED. THINGS LIKE FOOD, CLOTHING, BUILDING MATERIALS, MEDICAL SUPPLIES ETC. WHO PAYS IN THE END? WE DO!
WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. IF THEY DON'T GET THE MESSAGE AFTER ONE DAY, WE WILL DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN. SO DO YOUR PART AND SPREAD THE WORD. FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO EVERYONE
YOU KNOW. MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND MAKE MAY 19TH A DAY THAT THE CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES SAY "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH"

I filled up today and spent 54 fu*king dollars to fill it up. Damn thats too much for fu*kin gas. Im not gonna buy any gas on that day and hopefully a lot of other people wont either so the oil companies will feel the jolt. If needed I will do the same on any other "day" that is annoited for this purpose.
Old 05-15-2004, 12:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

I'm sorry, but if I need gas and it so happens to be on May 19th, then I will be pumping. The sad thing is no new oil refineries have been built in the US in over 50yrs mainly because of environmentalists, therefore making our dependence on other nations increase. Supply and demand at its best.
No matter how high the prices get, we all need that gas to perform our daily tasks.
Old 05-15-2004, 12:33 AM
Staging Lane

If u need gas then fill up on Tuesday or before. Wednesday is the "designated" day to hold this protest. If i need gas <and im sure I will> i'll gas up before that day.
I know the whole nation wont do this but if a small percentage of the population do this it can still make a jolt, financially, for the oil companies.
Old 05-15-2004, 12:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by sierraon22s
If u need gas then fill up on Tuesday or before. Wednesday is the "designated" day to hold this protest. If i need gas <and im sure I will> i'll gas up before that day.
I know the whole nation wont do this but if a small percentage of the population do this it can still make a jolt, financially, for the oil companies.
see the other thread similar to this, how would you create a "jolt" if everyone fills up the day before or after? You are still buying the gas correct?
Hell, the way things are going May 20th the price may go up!
Old 05-15-2004, 12:42 AM
Staging Lane

Because more people wont gas up on Wednesday, therefor causing the "jolt" on that day. It could mean BILLIONS of $$$$ lost if A LOT of people do this protest.
Old 05-15-2004, 12:49 AM
TECH Junkie

So...bt 20 gallons on the 20th instead of 15 on the 19th...dont make alotta sense to me...oh well...count me in anyway.
Old 05-15-2004, 12:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

anything's worth a shot!
Old 05-15-2004, 02:32 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'll try it!
Old 05-15-2004, 03:22 AM
TECH Addict

Uhhh... hello... you think your not gonna buy gas the next day?

Please... the gas stations will laugh at you and just wait for you to come back and pay any price they say....

FORGET IT

Quick Reply: DONT BUY GAS ON MAY 19th