Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

DynoSim software I've been playing around with...

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 12:25 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I used it quiet a bit in the beginning when I was building my 5.3.
What's even cooler is this software is sponsored by comp cams...you can call their tech line and not only will they help you with specifically plugging in cam #'s, but they have that software right in front of them and they will help you with it as well. . (Comp Cams Product Page) You can get the software here.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is going to sound pretty weird but IHRA Drag Racing 2 for playstation is the best $20 i've ever spent. It was way to complicated for me when I first got it back in like 99 but now I know what everything is and does its a lot of fun. You can change just about everything on the motor, suspension, tires, trans, ...... I've made 1 cylinder 400ci turbocharged nitromethane motors..... Probably not nearly as cool as Grippies but hours of fun.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:57 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by BooBsRGR8
This is going to sound pretty weird but IHRA Drag Racing 2 for playstation is the best $20 i've ever spent. It was way to complicated for me when I first got it back in like 99 but now I know what everything is and does its a lot of fun. You can change just about everything on the motor, suspension, tires, trans, ...... I've made 1 cylinder 400ci turbocharged nitromethane motors..... Probably not nearly as cool as Grippies but hours of fun.
Coolness, that does sound like fun
Old 11-30-2005, 04:01 PM
On The Tree

Taking a second look at your screen shot it looks like they use the same parameters. I can change all those things on your screen.....I wish I had a digicam here...Ill try to find a screen shot from the game.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:01 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
I used it quiet a bit in the beginning when I was building my 5.3.
What's even cooler is this software is sponsored by comp cams...you can call their tech line and not only will they help you with specifically plugging in cam #'s, but they have that software right in front of them and they will help you with it as well. . (Comp Cams Product Page) You can get the software here.
What I need to do is build a completely stock motor, LQ4 lets say, get a baseline from that and build from there to see just how accurate this software is. At the very least it shows a direction that a specific mod will take you. And honestly, it's really only as good as the data you enter in.
But it's also fun as all hell!
Old 11-30-2005, 04:03 PM
TECH Addict

dang can you copy that software?
Old 11-30-2005, 04:04 PM
On The Tree

http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/ima..._screen002.jpg The grapics are terrible.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:11 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by BooBsRGR8
looks good. This software has a few layers to it. So there are actually quite a few parameters to enter. It takes a decent amount of time to first collect all the data, then enter it. And with the "Pro Tools" it will configure 11,000+ possible engine combonations and 6,000+ camshaft combinations to maximize either peak HP, HP under the curve, peak TQ, or TQ under the curve.
Not to mention, once you decide on a Cam, you can advance or retard it, change ICL's, yada, yada, yada....

hours of good fun
Old 11-30-2005, 04:13 PM
TECH Addict

try to make a copy of it grippy haha
Old 11-30-2005, 04:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by moregrip
looks good. This software has a few layers to it. So there are actually quite a few parameters to enter. It takes a decent amount of time to first collect all the data, then enter it. And with the "Pro Tools" it will configure 11,000+ possible engine combonations and 6,000+ camshaft combinations to maximize either peak HP, HP under the curve, peak TQ, or TQ under the curve.
Not to mention, once you decide on a Cam, you can advance or retard it, change ICL's, yada, yada, yada....

hours of good fun
Damn I gotta check that out. Do they have a demo you can DL somewhere??

Quick Reply: DynoSim software I've been playing around with...