Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Esky cluster re-programming....?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 12:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Esky cluster re-programming....?

So i just bought an 06 escalade cluster for my 03 silverado. Although the mileage on the esky cluster is not that far off my original milage, im just very **** about it and would rather have the exact mileage/engine hours ect.. to match what is there. Is there anywhere or someone i can send it to to be reprogrammed? Will the dealer do it for me out of the truck? Or will i have to let them remove/install it and charge me some crazy amount....?
Old 12-29-2011, 01:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dealer will not do it for you, at least not any of the dealers around me will do this.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:39 PM
Staging Lane

Well i know the dealers CAN and are very ABLE to do it... I mean, thats all they would do when you have a bad cluster still under warranty.. just order you a new one and program all the info onto it. I dont see why it would be any different? I guess i'll have to give the service dpt a ring and hope for the best.

Also... I'm "UPPING" the mileage to match my cluster not reducing it... so really, theres no reason for them to suspect im trying to drop mileage or do anything funny... idk, we'll see.

Last edited by CROCHEVY; 12-29-2011 at 04:45 PM.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 103 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by CROCHEVY
Well i know the dealers CAN and are very ABLE to do it... I mean, thats all they would do when you have a bad cluster still under warranty.. just order you a new one and program all the info onto it. I dont see why it would be any different? I guess i'll have to give the service dpt a ring and hope for the best.

Also... I'm "UPPING" the mileage to match my cluster not reducing it... so really, theres no reason for them to suspect im trying to drop mileage or do anything funny... idk, we'll see.
The dealer can't do it themselves. The dealers here send all the clusters to a shop that rebuilds them for them. The place is called York Electric.

Warranty and Non Warranty Repairs / Remanufacturing

They also stock all the clusters for exchanges and so forth. I went through this buying a damaged 454SS for my 94. I wanted my trucks original mileage on the replacement the dealer was getting me and not the mileage the wrecked cluster said. They weren't willing to do that however, and only will give you whatever the cluster says in it. So in your case they would not reprogram the Caddy cluster to match your truck......

There are Ebay people and other independent shops that do the same type of work and I am sure they will. The dealer is an absolute waste of your time.
Old 12-30-2011, 12:45 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

We meaning those of us in the dealer network cannot alter the odometer mileage on a already programmed cluster. On a brand new 0 mile the programming software allows us 1 shot at setting mileage and engine hours if you screw it up you have to order another new cluster and start over.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:27 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 01WS6/tamu
We meaning those of us in the dealer network cannot alter the odometer mileage on a already programmed cluster. On a brand new 0 mile the programming software allows us 1 shot at setting mileage and engine hours if you screw it up you have to order another new cluster and start over.
Yup, you are correct. I called my dealers service dpt (friend of my boss') and he even said they can only program a new one.

Anyways, i did find a local guy who does cluster work, and he said he can reprogram/update my cluster to match my original for 90 bucks..