Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Ever found yourself doing this?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 10:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Ever found yourself doing this?

Ever find yourself trying to make your truck look good so you dont feel disapointed or saying its faster? I have a friend and we were comparing out engines he has a ford f150 so he was like how many hp do i have? i was like 231hp he was like what? How much do you have 310 , We were watching tv and we saw a comercial were this f150 pulls a semi throught steal cables above the cab, we also saw the one where they show it has somewhat of a heated foam to make it quieter. When i noticed him saying my truck can have little hp but at least it quieter than yours and he found ways to put down my truck. His truck is nice and everything but i dont find myself puttin his truck down so i feel good about mine. So have any of you guys found yourself doing this?
Old 01-27-2006, 10:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 5.3AlmnBlk
Ever find yourself trying to make your truck look good so you dont feel disapointed or saying its faster? I have a friend and we were comparing out engines he has a ford f150 so he was like how many hp do i have? i was like 231hp he was like what? How much do you have 310 , We were watching tv and we saw a comercial were this f150 pulls a semi throught steal cables above the cab, we also saw the one where they show it has somewhat of a heated foam to make it quieter. When i noticed him saying my truck can have little hp but at least it quieter than yours and he found ways to put down my truck. His truck is nice and everything but i dont find myself puttin his truck down so i feel good about mine. So have any of you guys found yourself doing this?
Don let that crap make you feel bad. My dad has an F150 and I think its a pile of ****. Ford loves to get crazy in their commercials. Like that F350 puilling a dam airplane and it takes off from the ground. Complete BULLSHIT. Your friends truck isnt putting down 310HP to the wheels!!! Ask him for his dyno sheet!!

Tell him you dont need 2 cams to make power.
Old 01-27-2006, 11:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Everytime I get in my truck I worry about the fact I don't have the heat activated foam in the door pillars. If I had it I might not hear the mosquitos that just miss the windshield and buzz by the door pillar. If I didn't hear that my driving experience would be much better.
I think they did that so my Corsa exhaust wasn't so loud in the cab to the Ford driver as I pass them
Old 01-27-2006, 11:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

trucks and imports are surrounded by so much bullshit it's sometimes hard to see through.

Rest assured, if it isn't a lightning, ford trucks are a joke when it comes to actual performance, just like everything else that ford makes

dodge trucks are way too heavy, just like the new f-150s. They don't need to be that heavy, but they are. Therefore, a 5.3L rcsb is pretty much the equal of a hemi-powered reg cab dodge.

a fast vehicle and a vehicle with a lot of horsepower are far from the same thing.
Old 01-28-2006, 01:39 AM
TECH Veteran

**** ford!! Owned em and hate em!! They are overrated piles of **** IMO! The lightning is the only thing they make thats worth a damn. Excuse my language, i just hate people talking up on ford and down on chevy after the ford ive owned that fell apart. No offense to the guys on here that own fords but its just my personal opinion. Id buy a honda truck before id buy another ford. lol! I ragged the **** out of my RCSB chevy and it ran like it was brand new. Thats why i bought another chevy. I test drove the new fords for grins but was not impressed at all.

Also, anyone who needs to talk down on someone elses truck to make theirs look better is unhappy with themselves in some way. Dont sweat it man, the only people who do that are people who are jealous of what you have and try to make themselves feel better about what they got. It takes time to get your truck the exact way you want it so just be patient. Hell, i had alot of stuff done to my last truck and it still wasnt exactly the way i want it. Just make sure you do what makes you happy and dont worry about what anyone else says.
Old 01-28-2006, 07:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I did this because i was going through some ford websites and acctually found people doing this to make themselfs happier on their purchase.
Old 01-28-2006, 08:22 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

dont sweat this **** man... I have a cousin with a single cab "big badass" triton that was brand new by the way... thats all he did was talk **** about how they were so much better than the vortec motors etc etc... so... we settled it the right way, we went out to my favorite long straight stretch of road, lined them up, and went.... I pulled him by 2 lenghts at 1000 ft and I was on bald tires with about 200lbs of extra **** in my bed from a trip. my 5.3 with 80K+ shut his brand new truck up... he had less than 5K on it. not to mention his is a reg cab and mine's ext... just shut his mouth on the road... where he cant keep talking ****... oh yeah, have witnesses too, this always helps your situation when you blow his doors off and he wants to deny it.
Old 01-28-2006, 08:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

This site is for performance truck enthusiasts of all breeds. I like Chevy's. I can't prove they are better. I just lilke'm. Others don't.
Old 01-28-2006, 09:20 AM
TECH Resident

My mom has a neighbor (Jeff) that loves his Ford, that's fine with me because I think Jeff is a total loser anyway. I got 2 high school friends up their and they think this guy is the bomb. Right after high school, they went into construction work (laying fiber optic) and made some descent money. They both went out and bought Fords, a mustang and f150 step side, when I ask them why did they buy a Ford, there reply was "Jeff said they are the best, you can run a Ford for a million miles and it will run for another million." This comes from a guy that put a new Powerstroke in his 95 F250 at least 3 times and has less than 250,000 miles on the body. After the third engine went out in 04 or 05, his dad bought him a truck that would last, Silverado 1500. Now Jeff ,who is in his mid 40's, talks nothing but Chevy.

My friend that bought the F150 took him about a year before he bought a chevy, something to do with 5 mpg, his chevy gets about 18 mpg (96 1/2 ton, V6) and he still has it.

My other friend that bought a mustang took a lot longer to get his chevy. He bought a 98 Mustang GT and modified with a vortec blower, nos, cams, ignition, flowmaster exhaust, Roush racing wheels, Roush big brake kit, 4.56 rear end w/ posi and a monthly payment of $800. He kept the Mustang for 2 years, the blower was the last item to be installed but was removed a month later to pay for 3 months car payment. Slowly one item after the other was coming off to pay his car payment, untill it was bone stock again, then he traded his mustang off for a Malibu because the Malibu had payments of $200 and got 27mpg.

So everyone I know did have a Ford but ended up with a Chevy in the end.
Old 01-28-2006, 08:03 PM
TECH Resident

What do santa claus, the easter bunny, and a good ford have in common?

They don't exsist

Quick Reply: Ever found yourself doing this?