Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bumpers
also i gotta do alot of susp. modifications before i could have anymore power
Like what?? My goal is to have the fastest gas SAS'd 2dr tahoe
Old 11-02-2010, 10:01 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah what susp mods you think you need for more power? I get no axle wrap as I am now... just thinking about a 14bolt and a balanced driveshaft, then maybe going coil up front but thats not needed for power.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:06 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ShredSled
Yeah what susp mods you think you need for more power? I get no axle wrap as I am now... just thinking about a 14bolt and a balanced driveshaft, then maybe going coil up front but thats not needed for power.
If you're lifted, most likely you will need pitman/idler arm braces, HD tie rods or tie rod sleeves, and limiting straps for the front. Right now sharpshooter and I are experimenting with spring clamps, or going with caltracs in the back. A 14bolt and balanced driveshaft are good mods as well.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:11 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

when I first came around here there was a guy who lived in the north bay somewhere making more than the dyno could register with a Cummins IIRC. He had some awesome video...wonder where he went?

I personally witnessed one run 12.1 with big ol tires and nerf bars.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:16 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by sureshot
If you're lifted, most likely you will need pitman/idler arm braces, HD tie rods or tie rod sleeves, and limiting straps for the front. Right now sharpshooter and I are experimenting with spring clamps, or going with caltracs in the back. A 14bolt and balanced driveshaft are good mods as well.
Front end is already decked out, cognito pivot and dual shear kit, but only strapped for max droop travel, not for launch control. I may go to heim steering up front but not sure how thatll survive corrosion.

I don't know about caltracs in my situation, definitely if I was 2wd though. Ive got a bds rideglide leafpack and no blocks.

Oh any recommends for driveshafts? Or tips for having one built? 1350 yoke, or what?
Old 11-02-2010, 10:24 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ShredSled
Front end is already decked out, cognito pivot and dual shear kit, but only strapped for max droop travel, not for launch control. I may go to heim steering up front but not sure how thatll survive corrosion.

I don't know about caltracs in my situation, definitely if I was 2wd though. Ive got a bds rideglide leafpack and no blocks.

Oh any recommends for driveshafts? Or tips for having one built? 1350 yoke, or what?
I had the cognito tie rods with heim joints on my dmax. It was very high quality stuff, but I always kept everything clean so corrosion wasn't an issue. If you go 14 bolt, then I would go with the 1350 yoke.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:37 PM
TECH Addict

I'm putting a 6" lift on my truck and not cranking so I will have a lot better angles in the front for the axles sake and I want my truck a tad bigger. I'm goin with heim steering 1" tie rods and cognito pitman and idler supports along with some limiting straps for 4wd launching..

Right now a 4wd launch in my truck is like riding a mechanical bull lol .. I'm also gunna be getting a new driveshaft because I'm tired of shutting down at 100 and mine vibrates alittle.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:45 PM
TECH Resident

garret you gona get rid of the BL when you do the 6 inch or no? ill be looking on gmfs for the thread. should look good regardless. what kit are you thinking of running?
Old 11-02-2010, 11:45 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by Bumpers
I'm putting a 6" lift on my truck and not cranking so I will have a lot better angles in the front for the axles sake and I want my truck a tad bigger. I'm goin with heim steering 1" tie rods and cognito pitman and idler supports along with some limiting straps for 4wd launching..

Right now a 4wd launch in my truck is like riding a mechanical bull lol .. I'm also gunna be getting a new driveshaft because I'm tired of shutting down at 100 and mine vibrates alittle.
I'd bet the mud tires have a LOT to do with the bucking on launch. When I had the MTZs on my truck, it would hop 3-4 times on launch (almost ended up in a ditch once), but with a tire with a better contact patch (worn-*** Revos), it hooks like a ************ every time.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:54 PM
TECH Addict

I've launched mine in 4wd on like 10 different sets of tires and it always gets crazy.. I think part of it is the angles everything is at with being crunk up so much.. When I run it at the track I'm gunna run it in street trim just like it would be if someone wanted to streetrace. I think all the upgrades better angles and all that jazz will make a big difference.. And I gotta figure out what's up with my tcase.

Quick Reply: Fastest lifted truck???