Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Fastest top speed/ticket in your vehicle?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 08:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

110 in a 35 and that was a trip jail on prom night that sucked
Old 12-30-2004, 05:35 PM
Teching In

most expensive ticket was 66 in a 35, $300, lol did anything happen when you went to court about the boost gauge and exhaust?
Old 12-30-2004, 07:18 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

93 in a 55 Downtown atlanta....... was under 21 at the time.... almost lost my license.... Paid 600$ to a lawyer.... 315$ for the ticket.... almost a 1000$ dollars for a misealy speeding ticket
Old 12-30-2004, 09:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Another One for You

This was a while back before MAD got real bad.
101 by the time he locked in on me and I was on the brakes hard in a 55. I had slugged a few and he could smell it. I blew in the tube and was OK but he would not have it. Took me in to sit in a cell to give the alcohol time to surface for a blood test. They know how long to let you sit. It worked for them. I would have been OK if I had made it to the house.
New in the small city I guess I hooked up with some good people. I was recommended a lawyer. Told him the story and handed him $500.00, and was told to bring $1000.00 more to court and where to meet him, and at what time that morning. I was led in through the back coming out by the bench getting strange looks from the crowd. Sat in front.
Loa and behold my lawyer came out and told the court to rise! Not a bailiff or the DA! Then as the judge addressed the court I was signaled to come the side bench were the cashier and clerk were. He said, "Just count it out right here son". Then the judge stopped talking and said "Just a moment" to the court and came over and whispered to the records clerk and went back to his opening address.
After counting it out, my lawyer sticks his hand out for a shake and says "OK Son, you be careful from now on". I said "OK, is there a receipt?". He looks at me like I am insane, I get the hint and go out the back.
Once in the parking lot I realize I had not even given a plea. A month later I checked my DMV records and there was no record of anything!
Wonder where the money went? Those days are over though. Unless you have connections that can get to the paper before 8:00AM the following day. In some places maybe.
I was not drunk but still If I party, even just a we bit, I drive like I am going to church.
Old 12-31-2004, 12:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Fastest speeding ticket that I got cought for was 92 in a 65. I did have a cop pull me over for street racing one time in my old Heads/cam LT1 when I was racing a heads/cam/spray LS1 and the cop just said "I couldn't get a radar on yall, but I was going 115 and yall were disappearing real quick."
Only got one ticket then that I took defensive driving for. That cop was COOL!!!!
Old 12-31-2004, 01:03 PM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Some great stories in this thread

I've had two or three tickets, I think the highest was 45 or 47 in a 30.

Fastest speed was somewhere between 102-108 (I should've looked more closely, heh), on a highway that was either 55, 60, 65, or maybe 70 (should've been paying more attention to the signs too! ). Normally I wouldn't go up quite that high since my tires aren't very good, but traffic was light and the needle just kinda gradually snuck up; slowed down some once I noticed
Old 12-31-2004, 05:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

98 in a 55. 350 S-10 and I was passing 5 cars and when I was comming around the front one I see the state boys comming at me. I slowed down to 55 (Duh) adn it took him about a mile to catch up with me. He got my paperwork and headed back to the car, I said are you going to give me a ticket? and he said yes, I said C'mon I was passing a car. He went to his car and I figure I was sunk as I already had 2 speeding tickets and I was 16, he came back and told me to keep my foot out of it and let me go.
I was so damn happy that I figured I was untouchable so I drove about 1/2 hour and was heading into town peadaling about 70 and the town cop nails me. Long story short, he writes me up and I end up loosing my licence for 3 months.
Damn that truck woud pass the cars when you kick it in the ***, I miss it.

LK
Old 01-08-2005, 09:40 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

havent been caught quite yet. highest recorded spd in my 98Z was 140ish tho.
Old 01-08-2005, 10:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

96 in a 55 in my Peterbilt. Woman Trouper, let me go with a warning, cost me a cup of coffee. I told her I left my new stetson in the men's room at the truck stop.It took 15 miles to turn around and I was worried someone would **** on it if it didn't fit 'em. It didn't hurt my case any that I was stopped and standing at the back of my trailer, papers in hand by the time she got turned around.
Old 01-08-2005, 10:39 PM
Truck addict

Originally Posted by therock
This was a while back before MAD got real bad.
101 by the time he locked in on me and I was on the brakes hard in a 55. I had slugged a few and he could smell it. I blew in the tube and was OK but he would not have it. Took me in to sit in a cell to give the alcohol time to surface for a blood test. They know how long to let you sit. It worked for them. I would have been OK if I had made it to the house.
New in the small city I guess I hooked up with some good people. I was recommended a lawyer. Told him the story and handed him $500.00, and was told to bring $1000.00 more to court and where to meet him, and at what time that morning. I was led in through the back coming out by the bench getting strange looks from the crowd. Sat in front.
Loa and behold my lawyer came out and told the court to rise! Not a bailiff or the DA! Then as the judge addressed the court I was signaled to come the side bench were the cashier and clerk were. He said, "Just count it out right here son". Then the judge stopped talking and said "Just a moment" to the court and came over and whispered to the records clerk and went back to his opening address.
After counting it out, my lawyer sticks his hand out for a shake and says "OK Son, you be careful from now on". I said "OK, is there a receipt?". He looks at me like I am insane, I get the hint and go out the back.
Once in the parking lot I realize I had not even given a plea. A month later I checked my DMV records and there was no record of anything!
Wonder where the money went? Those days are over though. Unless you have connections that can get to the paper before 8:00AM the following day. In some places maybe.
I was not drunk but still If I party, even just a we bit, I drive like I am going to church.
those days are long gone for almost everyone.

i have never been picked up for drinking and driving but i was with my cousin one night and we had been out partying. well. short end of the story, he fell asleep behind the wheel and hit a light pole. a metal one. he had been trying to stop at a rest station to sleep for a few so we could make it home safe. just so happened he fell asleep first. of course i was alseep. it woke us up and we pulled his wifes taco into a spot at the far end of the rest area. we went and used the phone to call the sheriffs office. then some dick headed security guy came at us with his gun. told us to put our hands up while we are on the phone with the sheriff. we relayed the info to them and they said to walk to our vehicle and wait for them. this guy followed us threatening to shoot us if we didn't stop. state troopers show up cause he called them. sherriffs show up cause we called them and then the fight was on. state won and took us down to the local troop and gave us a breath alyzer. we both passed, but my cousin was arrested for suspected DUI. 6 months later, no one showed up to testify against him, he got off with no penalties.

btw, we hit the light pole doing 80ish. it tore that taco open like a shark biting into a beer can. he was lucky. a pole had come through the window and was inches from hitting my cousin in the head and impalling him. some reason it stopped and flew back out.

Quick Reply: Fastest top speed/ticket in your vehicle?