Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

First snow brings bad luck

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2004, 09:52 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First snow brings bad luck

We got are first snow in maine were I live yesterday, not a lot but mabe a inch. So I wake up to go get my new tires put and I am going slow caz the truck is bad in snow. I was stayin in the path that was there through the snow on the dirt, caz my road is all dirt. I went to take a corner and the truck just pushes and I hit the sluch and slide right into the ditch and hit a few little trees. I almost made it back out but could not. So I took my gun with me and walk 3 miles to were my father was to get me a tow, brought the gun incase I saw a deer caz its huntin season. I get there and we get a chain and he tows me right out with his FORD. At this point I dint think there was much damage, o was I wrong. The bed is crack in 3 places lost the mirror and dented the door and front fender. The insurence is gona cover it but now I have no truck for awhile, the only good thing is I get a new paint job and dnt have to yellow anymore. Anybody got and ideas for a color.
Old 11-06-2004, 10:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

black onyx is great.
Old 11-06-2004, 10:49 AM
sfj
TECH Enthusiast

i like the dark blue myself or mine is white and if you get some chrome handles it looks clean trust me
Old 11-06-2004, 11:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

charcoal i think its called......that new dark grey
Old 11-07-2004, 01:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by yellow4.8
So I took my gun with me and walk 3 miles to were my father was to get me a tow, brought the gun incase I saw a deer caz its huntin season.
Old 11-07-2004, 03:31 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Tokez420
charcoal i think its called......that new dark grey
I second that... my uncle has the charcoal gray metallic color, I love it!
Also my color... Indigo blue metallic.

Wonder how the 350Z blue would look on a silvy??
Old 11-08-2004, 09:54 AM
On The Tree

Damn ditches! WTF? Sorry about your bad luck. But to get to your question I would have to nominate Arrival Blue! You'd be one of the first if not THE first to have a 99-02 in that color. Maybe you can get more for it when you go to sell it cause you can say it's really an 03 cause that was the first year of that color! Nah, wouldn't work.
Old 11-08-2004, 06:36 PM
Teching In

[QUOTE=yellow4.8]We got are first snow in maine were I live yesterday, not a lot but mabe a inch. So I wake up to go get my new tires put and I am going slow caz the truck is bad in snow. I was stayin in the path that was there through the snow on the dirt, caz my road is all dirt. I went to take a corner and the truck just pushes and I hit the sluch and slide right into the ditch and hit a few little trees. I almost made it back out but could not. So I took my gun with me and walk 3 miles to were my father was to get me a tow, brought the gun incase I saw a deer caz its huntin season. I get there and we get a chain and he tows me right out with his FORD. At this point I dint think there was much damage, o was I wrong. The bed is crack in 3 places lost the mirror and dented the door and front fender. The insurence is gona cover it but now I have no truck for awhile, the only good thing is I get a new paint job and don't have to deal with the yellow anymore. Anybody got and ideas for a color.

I would have to say forest green with a lot of crome for the color, and remember the saying, keep it between the ditches and the shineyside up and the dirty side down...