Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Flex-a-lite Fan Motor Delima

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2004, 05:36 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flex-a-lite Fan Motor Delima

As most of you know, I had one of my fans stop working and the fuse blew for no apparent reason, when I was at the track. Anyways, I went by the performance place that I had install the fans (B&M). They checked everything out, even took the fans off to get behind them and check out everything. They checked the voltage on everything, then they told me that my motor was shot. They also showed me were one of the terminals on the back of the fans had melted, they said that was probably the reason for the motor blowing and the fused going out.
The next day, I call Flex-a-lite and explain to them what happened. They said that they needed proof that I purchased them from truckperformance.com. So, I call tp.com up and tell them my problem, this ******* was a smart-*** on the other end saying stupid sh*t like,"....okay...why do you want a receipt?" and other stupid crap. Anyways, he said that he would fax a copy to my sister's work within the next 5 min, which I had gave him the number to. 3 hours later when my sister had left work, nothing. I called them back again, talked to the same guy, he acted like I was stupid and said that he would send it, in another smart-*** tone. My sister got it, but you couldn't even read the freakin' thing. So, my sister got pissed about everything like me, called and talked to a women and got it striaghtened-out, got another one and sent it to flex-a-lite with a note attached saying (Flex-a-lite 295 fan motor).
I get this small package in the mail about a week later. They send me the VSC. I call them up and told them that I needed the 295 fan motor and they sent me the VSC instead. The guy was real cool and said to go ahead and keep the VSC. Then, he says to send another copy of the sales receipt w/ the note attached to them again. Did all that over again. Now I'm still waiting to get the fan motor. Does it ever end!?
Old 08-01-2004, 08:14 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Location: Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sucks to hear that man. I e-mailed Flex-a-lite more than a week ago because my VSC went out. They haven't responded. I guess I'll keep e-mailing them until I get a response.
Old 08-01-2004, 09:44 PM
TECH Addict

Hey just curious, where do you have your main ground attached?
Old 08-01-2004, 10:25 PM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ching - give them a call. I worked with Dave recently and he took care of me.

I called them with my problem then was asked to have summit racing fax a receipt over. I called back a few days later, and Dave said he send out the parts the next day and gave me a tracking number. I had them send me all new wiring, a fan motor, and a new VSC. I got all the parts within a week.

Swapping the fan motor was a pain. The motor shaft had rust and it wouldn't easily let the fan blade free. I had a tough time getting the blade off without damaging the plastic blades.
Old 08-01-2004, 11:33 PM
TECH Resident

wanna hook me up with the vsc for cheap?
Old 08-02-2004, 01:28 PM
TECH Addict

That sucks.

I'm a little concerned about one of my motors. It's harder to turn than the other... it doesn't 'freewheel' very easily. Well, not much at all, actually.
Old 08-02-2004, 08:07 PM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Marc_w, my motor was the same way before it went out. It would stop spinning much faster than the other one. It had a catch in it when spinning by hand. Anyway, its been replaced and working fine now.

blk03 - I have a brand new VSC that I just got in, fresh from flexalite. I'll sell it for $45 shipped.
Old 09-05-2004, 07:56 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Well, I called flex-a-lite about 2 weeks ago and told them that I heard about the recall on their fuse holders. I also told them that I haven't received my fan motor yet. They said they would send out the fuse holder and that it showed that they had sent the motor and I should be getting it anytime.

This last friday, I got the fuse holder, no fan motor. I called them up and they said that it didn't show on the computer that they had sent the fuse holder or the fan motor. I got pissed and told them to just send me a fan motor today and IF I happen to get two of them, I would notify them and send one back. He said he would keep looking and call me back. About a hour later he calls back saying that they would send out the fan motor first thing Tuesday morning and ship it overnight that way I should get it the next day. So, we'll see...

Man, I hate bad customer service, especially when it's their fault. If anyone is thinking about getting the flex-a-lite fans; get the LS1 fans or some others. Flex-a-lite sucks!
Old 09-07-2004, 07:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thats the WORD I NOW BAN FLEX A LITE from my Truck!!!! I have had a similar problem not once...not twice...but three times and everytime its a new excuse!!!