Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Getting out of a Ticket?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2003, 08:20 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by creederado
no offense- Thunder, but all a lawyers going to do is negotiate with the ADA to reduce the ticket which is something you can do yourself. Also lawyers will end up costing alot more than the ticket fine itself.

Try to Write a letter to the ADA asking for a reduction. Explain the the possibilty your speedo was off and you have a clean license. If your not staisfied with that, plead not guilty and you will be scheduled for a trail in which you will be able to discuss the ticket and a possible reduction with the law enforcement official prior to seeing the judge. Ask for a no point reduction or even a 2 point citation such as failure to obey, etc. Unless the Court/Ada, Trooper is hardcore going to a trial over the matter is not cost effectavive.
If you plead guilty to a lesser charge the court still gets the money, you don't get any points and the ada/Trooper still gets a ticket.
Thanks for the advise about the DA Creedo, I have done that in the past and it does help sometimes. I know the cops are just trying to keep their revenue up and are really not tring to blow your record for the insurance companies. They will usually give you a citation reduction with out the monetary reduction. This is fine by me, I know I would never get it dropped. I have been through this too many times to count thoughout the years, just figured because it was a state trooper this time I would need more ammo when I talk to the DA. Thanks again.
Old 11-20-2003, 08:28 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by creederado
no offense- Thunder, but all a lawyers going to do is negotiate with the ADA to reduce the ticket which is something you can do yourself. Also lawyers will end up costing alot more than the ticket fine itself.
A good lawyer should know all the tricks to get you off. Like they have to radar at a certain angle and have the gun calibrated etc...My lawyer charges $250 for a speeding ticket. Says that he can get you off 90% of the time. Money well spent if you get off considering $80 ticket, plus points on insurannce for 3 years.
Old 11-20-2003, 12:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What is nice here in Vegas, is once a year you can take traffic school on a ticket up to 40 over the speedlimit, and it wipes it clean, and the class is only $55, compared to a $200 for 20 over the limit. But only once a year, and if you get another forget about trying to fight it in court!
Old 11-20-2003, 04:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by hodgeee
What is nice here in Vegas, is once a year you can take traffic school on a ticket up to 40 over the speedlimit, and it wipes it clean, and the class is only $55, compared to a $200 for 20 over the limit. But only once a year, and if you get another forget about trying to fight it in court!
I hear up in Montana you do not get speeding tickets, you get tickets for wasting natural resources. That was a while back though. Sounds like a cool place to go tear it up for a while!
Old 11-20-2003, 04:54 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by whitez71
A good lawyer should know all the tricks to get you off. Like they have to radar at a certain angle and have the gun calibrated etc...My lawyer charges $250 for a speeding ticket. Says that he can get you off 90% of the time. Money well spent if you get off considering $80 ticket, plus points on insurannce for 3 years.

exactly. no offense takin creedarado. i do the lawyer thing to make sure it stays off my insurance if you pay in court around here your insurance will know about it and it will go up. my lawyer charges about what it would cost to pay the ticket out right. but then i dont have to pay even more cause my insurance will go up. so theorectically im saving myself some money. just looking at the long term.