Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

glowshiftdirect Gauge

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 11:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Go5.3tt06
rockerjoe2008 - how much did you spend $ on it? Wish I could have black face and needle orange light like match my OEM cluster if not have one. Not big deal. Wideband exactly what I need those http://www.maperformance.com/aem-gau...FRyenAod3A0X-w
I got a good deal on them, because I bought them the same time as the procharger. They were $20 less a piece than you can get them from summit.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

You can get them here:

http://www.autoanything.com/gauges/65A4129A0A0.aspx
Old 11-21-2008, 11:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Maroon20's.
I have the cobalt's also. They aren't too expensive, the wideband is what brings the cost up. IMO, if you're going to do it, get the reputable stuff so you don't have to mess with it. Here's a shot of my Cobalt's.
Looks like we both choose the same gauge set up. The wide bands are expensive that's why I don't have one. Need to get one though to keep an eye on my A/F with cold weather coming in, don't want to go lean.
Old 11-21-2008, 12:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rockerjoe2008
Many thanks. I will check Do I need Boost - Full Sweep/Mechanical not electric? Also How about dual aeroforce scan gauges. Do I need run two scan or one scan gauges? I like scan alot bec it is helpful. I cant find forum to tell how to install temp gauge electric wire to tranny?

Last edited by Go5.3tt06; 11-21-2008 at 12:26 PM.
Old 11-22-2008, 03:38 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Here's what you need....

Full sweep mechanical boost/vac
Full sweep electric 0-100psi fuel pressure
And the wideband of your choice. I run a innovate LC-1 with XD-16 programmable guage.

I run autometer Phantoms for everything but the wideband,I also have a pyrometer to keep an eye on EGTs, these guages are fairly common and easy to read at a glance.

Could you please search and look around a bit seriously? All this stuff has been covered a ton of times. Just search the show and shine section. Pretty much everything you post is... Sorry if I sound like I'm coming off rude but to build a setup like what you're wanting you have to look around and read up. Everything can't be spoon fed...
Old 11-22-2008, 08:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
Here's what you need....

Full sweep mechanical boost/vac
Full sweep electric 0-100psi fuel pressure
And the wideband of your choice. I run a innovate LC-1 with XD-16 programmable guage.

I run autometer Phantoms for everything but the wideband,I also have a pyrometer to keep an eye on EGTs, these guages are fairly common and easy to read at a glance.

Could you please search and look around a bit seriously? All this stuff has been covered a ton of times. Just search the show and shine section. Pretty much everything you post is... Sorry if I sound like I'm coming off rude but to build a setup like what you're wanting you have to look around and read up. Everything can't be spoon fed...
I got it. But I think ur not very nicer to me. Even I did click (search) and typed *how to hook up temp gauge* They have some list I saw but it was drill by transmission PAN sender unit which I not want. I want wire splice. Next time dont comment me if you think so. Thank you! Im tired of hear complain. Im trying to learn and Im still new with PT.
Old 11-22-2008, 01:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Go5.3tt06
Im trying to learn and Im still new with PT.
Which is a perfect reason to master the art of the Search capability. No one is trying to be rude, but it's not fair to other member that may need help when you have 15 ongoing threads that clutter up the boards. When that happens other people's threads may not be seen.

Also, I agree with Ben. You have some very high hopes it seems for your truck. That's great, but maybe you should start a little smaller since you know very little. 4 years, ago I wouldn't have done what I'm doing to my truck now.
Old 11-22-2008, 02:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RandomHero
Which is a perfect reason to master the art of the Search capability. No one is trying to be rude, but it's not fair to other member that may need help when you have 15 ongoing threads that clutter up the boards. When that happens other people's threads may not be seen.

Also, I agree with Ben. You have some very high hopes it seems for your truck. That's great, but maybe you should start a little smaller since you know very little. 4 years, ago I wouldn't have done what I'm doing to my truck now.
Dont start with me. Thank you. You just insult people. Watch out. You dont know who I am anyway!!!!!
Old 11-22-2008, 02:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Whoa, nobody is insulting you and threats aren't cool!

All anybody is trying to say is that you could have, with out a doubt, found all the info that you have received in this thread by searching other peoples threads. You may not find a discussion that exactly matches your question but you can take the principles you learn and apply them to your needs. People here are eager to help, including RandomHero and Silver-mod-o, just not when the topics have been covered many times.
Old 11-22-2008, 02:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by rockerjoe2008
Whoa, nobody is insulting you and threats aren't cool!

All anybody is trying to say is that you could have, with out a doubt, found all the info that you have received in this thread by searching other peoples threads. You may not find a discussion that exactly matches your question but you can take the principles you learn and apply them to your needs. People here are eager to help, including RandomHero and Silver-mod-o, just not when the topics have been covered many times.
Oh okay, I may misunderstand this time. Allright. Thanks.

Quick Reply: glowshiftdirect Gauge