Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

GM Parts Direct Sucks!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 01:26 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GM Parts Direct Sucks!!!!

i ordered a fender from them over two weeks ago and they still have not shipped it out. last week they said that it came in broken..understandable. so they had to oder another one. and so i get an email today saying it'll cost me an extra $40 to get it shipped to my location (part number a040). strange how they have part numbers for additional shipping charges, it goes all the way up to a400. and it's funny how they failed to mention that last week when it should have been shipped. so my truck has been sittig at the body shop for the past 16 days, i know the guy who owns it but i sure hope he doesn't charge me a storage fee. oh and not only that but, someone has to get them a phone. i have an old one sitting here at the house i'm thinking about mailing to them. any pointers here?
Old 01-25-2005, 03:33 PM
TECH Addict

what the hell is up with that?

so GM parts direct received a broken fender, or the place your truck is at received the broken fender?

either way i guess, you shouldn't have to pay shipping charges on top of hte additional shipping charges.
Old 01-25-2005, 03:34 PM
TECH Addict

That sounds like some BS to me. I would tell them to cancel the order and forget it.
Old 01-25-2005, 03:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks... I have heard other stories abou them on top of thier insane shipping prices.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Can't your body shop guy get a break at the dealer? I know mine can. See if he can help you out on a new one from the dealer. And if you order it in the morning it should be there next day unless you are reall in the stix.

LK
Old 01-25-2005, 05:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why not get a used fender? You will save a lot of money.
Old 01-25-2005, 08:14 PM
On The Tree

I work at a body shop and we get prices lower the GMPARTDIRECT. If you know the owner he shoudl be able to get you that fender cheaper. Theres no way its cheaper to buy from tthem and have it shipped then to just buy fromt he dealer.
Old 01-25-2005, 08:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Tiburon
Why not get a used fender? You will save a lot of money.
No ****!!! Cancel that order. GM Parts Direct should be put out of bussiness with all the bad things I have heard about them. I hate them so much, thatif they were the ONLY GM parts supplier, I'd be driving a Ford or Dodge!
Old 01-25-2005, 10:43 PM
14 Second Truck Club

the fender was special ordered and when gm parts direct received it to ship it out to me, it was damaged...and $40 cheaper. oh and i got a call while at work tonight from them saying that it's going to be $65 not $40...i should send it in pennies!!!

the guy doing my body work is the uncle of a friend, i know him, but not well enough to get his prices.i would like to get my hands on a used fender but searching for one has left me with nothing. they said the reason it is going to be an extra $40 is because their regular overpriced ground service could not ship something of the fenders size, it has to go by fedex freight. i happen to work for fedex freight and asked gm parts direct if i could arrange the shipping this time and put the action in this transaction. of course they said no and game me the finger to boot. what a nightmare!!!
Old 01-25-2005, 11:12 PM
TECH Regular

their shipping prices are off the wall. Confronted them a couple of times and got the old......"well that covers our internet sales staff time and so on....." They go by % of cost of item. Not by weight. Example a part costing 400.00 and weighs 3 pounds will cost you about $40 bucks to ship.

Quick Reply: GM Parts Direct Sucks!!!!