Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Got my Sylvania Silver Star bulbs in...

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2003, 12:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my Sylvania Silver Star bulbs in...

I finally picked these up from Graygmc (thanks!) last night. I installed them after a stop at Taco Bueno...if you guys don't have a Taco Bueno I am sorry. It is excellent fast food of Mexican food. Anyway...The light output is very clean and clear, not yellowed like the stockers. Almost white.

I am happy with these bulbs and would recommend them for sure.
Old 10-12-2003, 01:05 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Location: Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Got my Sylvania Silver Star bulbs in...

Nice.
I have some PIAAs that are nice, but I've heard many good things about the Silverstars. Maybe if I ever figure out how to get those damn reflectors out of the Denali projectors I'll throw some Silverstars in em.
Taco Bueno? wtf...just Taco Bell and Del Taco here for fast Mexican food, unless you go to a real Mexican restaurant...
Old 10-12-2003, 02:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Nice.
I have some PIAAs that are nice, but I've heard many good things about the Silverstars. Maybe if I ever figure out how to get those damn reflectors out of the Denali projectors I'll throw some Silverstars in em.
Taco Bueno? wtf...just Taco Bell and Del Taco here for fast Mexican food, unless you go to a real Mexican restaurant...
Taco Bell is gross compared to Taco Bueno. I only eat at Taco Bell when NOTHING else is open.

Never heard of Del Taco. We have a Taco Cabana here that is good eats and open 24 hrs. You can go eat there after a night of to tear up some grub.

Anyway...those lamps are worth the cash if anyone was thinking about them. When I get my 2500HD powered Duramax, I am thinking on some HID's for that bad boy
Old 10-12-2003, 03:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Eric glad to see you like them. they are pretty good lights and a lot cheaper than PIAA's.

Hey Chingon i know you can take the reflector out because i have seen trucks before in magazines without it in, with the projectors.i personally think they are too much money to be f%$king around with. so i am just going to leave mine in.
Old 10-12-2003, 04:00 PM
TECH Addict

i know you can take the reflector out because i have seen trucks before in magazines without it in
Are you sure they were projectors? Ive seen the GMC lights with the reflectors out, thats what I did to mine. But the Denali lights are really hard to get apart and I havent ever seen one with it done.

If you can it would look sick!
Old 10-12-2003, 04:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

it was in an ad, either sport truck or trukin. i wish i could find the picture of it.
Old 10-12-2003, 07:47 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Location: Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula

i know you can take the reflector out because i have seen trucks before in magazines without it in
Are you sure they were projectors? Ive seen the GMC lights with the reflectors out, thats what I did to mine. But the Denali lights are really hard to get apart and I havent ever seen one with it done.

If you can it would look sick!
Yea, I have seen Denali front end conversions all cleared out like mine, but it was with the Sierra headlamp like mine.
If it was an ad and it was in fact Denali projectors, it may have been photochopped. I know Niche does that in their ads with the Neeper series of wheels they have. The trucks with their tims on it have these ground effects that don't even exist that I know of, nor are the wheels that big.
I dunno, if you could find that ad, I'd be grateful, maybe I could email them and ask em how they did it if it's real
Old 10-12-2003, 08:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

here's a pic, cant tell if its photoshopped though.

Old 10-12-2003, 10:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

i heard u can take off the amber reflector, but there an ugly bolt or something back there
Old 10-12-2003, 10:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

oh and i heard the 880 silverstar bulbs came out for our fogs too.

Quick Reply: Got my Sylvania Silver Star bulbs in...