Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

This guy is full of shit!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 12:42 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This guy is full of ****!

Went to a local tire shop today with a friend, so I thought I would ask what slicks were offered for our shitty 7in wide rim. So the guy was telling me about how he went to the track (The one I have worked at for over 6 years) with an 02 rcsb truck with 5.3 and bone stock. says that he ran a 9 flat. I have never seen the truck out there before in my life. I tell him well I'm shooting for low 7s, He says well that wouldnt be hard to do the all run 9 flat stock. He then asked what I ran so I wasnt gonna lie and told him 9.6?s and 8.9?s on a cold bottle. So the guy told me that I didnt even need to think about racing him cuz he would kill me. Why are they so many stupid people out in the world today?
Old 05-25-2005, 12:52 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wannagofast
Went to a local tire shop today with a friend, so I thought I would ask what slicks were offered for our shitty 7in wide rim. So the guy was telling me about how he went to the track (The one I have worked at for over 6 years) with an 02 rcsb truck with 5.3 and bone stock. says that he ran a 9 flat. I have never seen the truck out there before in my life. I tell him well I'm shooting for low 7s, He says well that wouldnt be hard to do the all run 9 flat stock. He then asked what I ran so I wasnt gonna lie and told him 9.6?s and 8.9?s on a cold bottle. So the guy told me that I didnt even need to think about racing him cuz he would kill me. Why are they so many stupid people out in the world today?
Isnt that great??? I might be able to add a laugh here too. I was with my friend last year getting the oil changed in his truck at a Valvoline. He had headers, exhaust, small cam, tune, e-fans and some other stuff. Came down to the guy changing his oil asked if the truck was quick. My friend replied its nto bad for what it is. Oil guy says oh yea? One thing after another, you all know what it lead to. Blah blah blah, guy said how fast do you really think it is? My friend was getting pissed at the guy, kept going on and on. So we asked the question im SURE he was waiting to hear. Gee buddy, what you got. SOOO, he took us out to look at his truck. Plain old reg cab shortbed Silverado. Said he just bought it and has beat every truck hes met. He starts naming off some bullshit I didnt really care about. But the 2 things that stuck out in my mind were these following items. 1. A Tornado. and!!! 2. A supercharger. I said hey thats cool buddy!!! But where is it? I see no head unit, no I/C piping, nothing to lead a normal mechanically inclined person to believe it was force fed. He said it was in the OIL PAN. YES ladies and gents, in the oil pan. Tried telling us it was some new prototype being developed my ATI. I almost spit my pop all over the side of his truck. It was good for a laugh while we were waiting on the oil change....... Ill stop typing now.

Sorry to dick your thread man. I figured I would devote my retarded truck owner encounter!
Old 05-25-2005, 12:54 AM
TECH Addict

LMAO that guy sounds just like someone i raced and told me that he would race me on his uncles 5.0 that hits 6 sec on the 1/4??........ LMAO i just started laughing
Old 05-25-2005, 01:36 AM
TECH Regular

Hey its cool man. I just wanted to let everyone hear about what this guy had to say. I'm not really sure I would want that guy changing my oil though.
Originally Posted by 99Silver5.3
Isnt that great??? I might be able to add a laugh here too. I was with my friend last year getting the oil changed in his truck at a Valvoline. He had headers, exhaust, small cam, tune, e-fans and some other stuff. Came down to the guy changing his oil asked if the truck was quick. My friend replied its nto bad for what it is. Oil guy says oh yea? One thing after another, you all know what it lead to. Blah blah blah, guy said how fast do you really think it is? My friend was getting pissed at the guy, kept going on and on. So we asked the question im SURE he was waiting to hear. Gee buddy, what you got. SOOO, he took us out to look at his truck. Plain old reg cab shortbed Silverado. Said he just bought it and has beat every truck hes met. He starts naming off some bullshit I didnt really care about. But the 2 things that stuck out in my mind were these following items. 1. A Tornado. and!!! 2. A supercharger. I said hey thats cool buddy!!! But where is it? I see no head unit, no I/C piping, nothing to lead a normal mechanically inclined person to believe it was force fed. He said it was in the OIL PAN. YES ladies and gents, in the oil pan. Tried telling us it was some new prototype being developed my ATI. I almost spit my pop all over the side of his truck. It was good for a laugh while we were waiting on the oil change....... Ill stop typing now.

Sorry to dick your thread man. I figured I would devote my retarded truck owner encounter!
Old 05-25-2005, 01:38 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Bad Black SS
LMAO that guy sounds just like someone i raced and told me that he would race me on his uncles 5.0 that hits 6 sec on the 1/4??........ LMAO i just started laughing
Damn thats quick! Sounds like this guy I know with not nos but NAWWSSS on his scooter . (At least he says)
Old 05-25-2005, 02:55 AM
13 Second Truck Club

people are stupid
Old 05-25-2005, 04:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

. It's amusing for a while, then gets sad and annoying.
Old 05-25-2005, 05:36 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Just think, these people can vote and raise children.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:26 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by nativetexan
Just think, these people can vote and raise children.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Whats so funny about that? I mean yeah ATI hasnt gotten any great data and #'s from it yet but damn they just started testing it! You guys are so quick to jump all over someone when they know more than you! -------------J/K! If I was there and he said that to me I would have just punched him in his face and walked away! LOL! What a rube!

Quick Reply: This guy is full of shit!