Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

has anyone else..........

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 01:06 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default has anyone else..........

had a flat out, FUCKED UP DAY??? my day was pretty normal until i got home from work today. at that time, my friends came over and parked in my neighbor's yard pissing him off and causing him to bitch at me (not that i care, but it's a hassle) then i go to school at 6:30 and get pulled over for no front plate on the Z28, oh well, just a warning. then i get to school....test review for finals....didn't bring my book (havn't used it in weeks) lose an opportunity at 5pts bonus on final for something having to do with the book. i left at that point. go to eat with my cousin and his wife and realize that when i changed clothes after work that i didn't get my cash out of my pocket....****, IT'S GETTING WORSE. ok, that's all over and i get home and get settled in to write a research paper about Hamlet Prince of Denmark....i write 2028 inspired words about this total bullshit play (meaningless scribble if you ask me) and the motherfucking computer spits it up and closes the word program...WITHOUT ASKING IF I WANTED TO SAVE......AAAAHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH. so, at this point i have the first 2 paragraphs and my thesis statement saved (about 400 words...and the paper has to be over 2000) so i'm pissed, i'm tired, and i'm pretty sure i can't make up a good BS paper like i had written already before my POS computer freaked out and told me to go **** myself. damn this is fucked up....

sorry for the language and the rant....had to get it off my chest though.

Matt
Old 05-06-2004, 01:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

have no fear, drink a beer!
Old 05-06-2004, 01:31 AM
14 Second Truck Club

sorry bout your day man. but you do know there is a way to recover lost documents right? open word, click on TOOLS, then OPTIONS, and click on the FILE LOCATIONS tab. if the space next to autorecover files is blank, then your data is lost. if there is a location, go to that location and open the document. hope this helps.
Old 05-06-2004, 01:55 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Slowverado
had a flat out, FUCKED UP DAY??? my day was pretty normal until i got home from work today. at that time, my friends came over and parked in my neighbor's yard pissing him off and causing him to bitch at me (not that i care, but it's a hassle) then i go to school at 6:30 and get pulled over for no front plate on the Z28, oh well, just a warning. then i get to school....test review for finals....didn't bring my book (havn't used it in weeks) lose an opportunity at 5pts bonus on final for something having to do with the book. i left at that point. go to eat with my cousin and his wife and realize that when i changed clothes after work that i didn't get my cash out of my pocket....****, IT'S GETTING WORSE. ok, that's all over and i get home and get settled in to write a research paper about Hamlet Prince of Denmark....i write 2028 inspired words about this total bullshit play (meaningless scribble if you ask me) and the motherfucking computer spits it up and closes the word program...WITHOUT ASKING IF I WANTED TO SAVE......AAAAHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH. so, at this point i have the first 2 paragraphs and my thesis statement saved (about 400 words...and the paper has to be over 2000) so i'm pissed, i'm tired, and i'm pretty sure i can't make up a good BS paper like i had written already before my POS computer freaked out and told me to go **** myself. damn this is fucked up....

sorry for the language and the rant....had to get it off my chest though.

Matt
That sucks. I hate writing papers. Just got done with one on whether AI will ever reach human level intelligence, then another one on Biology, about BS chemicals in the brain that cause addiction. Total of 15 pages of hell.

Anyway, you should save your documents more often.
Old 05-06-2004, 02:22 AM
Banned

well, i'm about halfway back through the damn paper...and to make matters worse....i just finished watching charlie's angles (while writting the paper) and after it went off...what came on showtime cs but.....freakin Hamlet, HAMLET....who watches Hamlet for crying out loud? gosh....talk about insult to injury....guess i'll be alright....i'm getting close now.
Old 02-12-2005, 01:28 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Location: Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ILLNALI
have no fear, drink a beer!
In his case he should have a light beer
Old 02-12-2005, 01:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Chingon
In his case he should have a light beer