Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Has anyone seen any of the new Jeep Hemi comericials?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 06:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Has anyone seen any of the new Jeep Hemi comericials?

They are playing the hell out of the new Jeep hemi commercials. First was the braking commercial, then it was the 0-60 which they claim is 6.8 and out accelerates a Audi TT, and a BMW 3 series (but they are dog slow anyway) (My mom owns a 03 325). Then it was the 1/4 mile commercial a whoppin 15.25 which also (they claim) the same Audi and BMW is slower. I wish they would stop playing so many damn commercials centered around the mighty Hemi motor, makes me
Old 01-22-2005, 06:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Have not seen the commercial but I sure hate hearing everything about hemi this and hemi that but o well. I heard they are going to come out with an STR version of it something like 420 hp
Old 01-22-2005, 06:27 PM
10 Second Club

seen it...

ALL this hemi **** is played out.
Old 01-24-2005, 07:47 AM
TECH Resident

Not all of it, some of it---YEAH IT IS----but the 425 HP, 6.1 is going to be the bomb if it drops in the 1500 trucks, but will probably be killed with trqe management. Its (5.7 hemi) just like chevys 4.8/5.3, its in all of the bigger vehicles like the silverados, tahoes,suburbans,sierras, etc. But it is getting old seeing all of the commericals.
Old 01-25-2005, 04:53 PM
TECH Addict

The only one I like is the one that shows all the trucks jumping on the highway, then those two rednecks jump that old POS car after them.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:06 PM
TECH Addict

Can you really blame them? Their marketing approach is very good and has met with tremendous success. Besides, very few people that buy into the hype are going to have a standard for comparison.... until they run into a decently modded chevy and get blown away and then find the still somewhat lacking aftermarket that the Mopar engines have met with. By then it will be too late and the deal will be done.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by greentahoe
Can you really blame them? Their marketing approach is very good and has met with tremendous success. Besides, very few people that buy into the hype are going to have a standard for comparison.... until they run into a decently modded chevy and get blown away and then find the still somewhat lacking aftermarket that the Mopar engines have met with. By then it will be too late and the deal will be done.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:39 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by greentahoe
Their marketing approach is very good and has met with tremendous success. Besides, very few people that buy into the hype are going to have a standard for comparison.... until they run into a decently modded chevy and get blown away and then find the still somewhat lacking aftermarket that the Mopar engines have met with. By then it will be too late and the deal will be done.
This is all true but this also means that the great response to their great marketing strategy leads to an aftermarket forced into serving this large market share. In due time the playing fields will be equal...you watch.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm torn.

I love Jeeps.
I love the new engine option.
I hate that it's associated with the "H" word.
Old 01-25-2005, 07:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Neil 6.0
The only one I like is the one that shows all the trucks jumping on the highway, then those two rednecks jump that old POS car after them.

I applaude Dodge for their marketing. That commercial rocks! WTF does Chevy do? A bunch "tough trucks" driving around a farm and construction job site commercials. Or the new ones "Hi I'm Biff Mcalister and I love my Chevy truck. It's as good for the job and when Miffy and I go out on the town." Oh yeeeaaahhhh...... The SSR backing on the car hauler. VERRRRYYY cool. That's not even a truck, it's a PT Cruiser on roids. The only one I saw that was alright was when Joe Martin was standing in front of his cutomized 99-01 dropped and flamed fullsize E/C. At least they showed something original. Fords are even dumber. Lets hang a truck from a bolt...WTF does that prove?

Quick Reply: Has anyone seen any of the new Jeep Hemi comericials?