Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Hawk pads w/ Baer brakes

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 01:48 PM
Notorious BIG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hawk pads w/ Baer brakes

Does anybody have or know where i can find the exact part numbers for the hawk pads that are for the baer alumasports? i called summit racing, they have no idea. i'm looking for the ones that have the lowest noise and no dust. i don't even care if they wear out fast and perform like crap. what series should i be looking at? :banghead:

LTS
Performance Ceramic
HPS
SuperDuty

??????????????????
NEED NO NOISE NO DUST

I've found that they are the same pads used on a chrysler 300c but since that is a car i cannot find a part number for HAWK pads in the LTS series which are the lowest noise and lowest dust pads.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:24 PM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

ceramic for low dust
Old 02-22-2008, 11:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Holty
Does anybody have or know where i can find the exact part numbers for the hawk pads that are for the baer alumasports? i called summit racing, they have no idea. i'm looking for the ones that have the lowest noise and no dust. i don't even care if they wear out fast and perform like crap. what series should i be looking at? :banghead:

LTS
Performance Ceramic
HPS
SuperDuty

??????????????????
NEED NO NOISE NO DUST

I've found that they are the same pads used on a chrysler 300c but since that is a car i cannot find a part number for HAWK pads in the LTS series which are the lowest noise and lowest dust pads.
Holty...Sorry for the thread jack. I am looking into purchasing the Alumasports for my truck. Do you like yours? Since you are asking about replacement pads, are you having any troubles with the ones that came with the kit? Are the noisy? How is pedal feel and noise compared to stock? I would like them to have OEM civility. I have had cross-drilled rotors on my 99 Tahoe and I did not like them. The pedal felt wierd and I would get a moaning sound when I applied the brakes. I don't want to spend alot of money and be disappointed with them?
Old 02-23-2008, 09:31 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 310 Likes on 226 Posts

I have the alumasports and they are both noisy and dusty but they do stop very well. Tbyrne crossreferenced some ceramics for the alumaspot and sais there will be less dusting but you will lose stopping abality due to the fact that ceramics lose stopping power as they get hot.
Old 02-23-2008, 03:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by terravast4
I have the alumasports and they are both noisy and dusty but they do stop very well. Tbyrne crossreferenced some ceramics for the alumaspot and sais there will be less dusting but you will lose stopping abality due to the fact that ceramics lose stopping power as they get hot.
Noisy how? Sqeaky from the pad material or noisy from the rotors bieing cross-drilled (like a moaning sound)? I need to know. Don't want to spend the money if the kit is not civil.
Old 02-23-2008, 05:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 310 Likes on 226 Posts

Just squeeky once they warm up. They say it is normal with the stock baer pads. It is annoying and emberassing. it is hard to look cool with squeeky brakes!!!
Old 02-23-2008, 10:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I agree! I hate squeeky brakes.