Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

hemi dodge ram

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2004, 11:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TheOtherDodge... funny I should run across you here... not 30 minutes ago I was over at a friend's place helping him file the rings for his 52x inch 440-based motor. He was telling me about your car and even logged onto a MoPar board to show me the pic in your sig... cool car!! Anyhow, his screen name on the Dodge board is 1badmopar.
Old 03-25-2004, 12:39 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JayStew
If it was a Hemi with a stick then it was a 3/4 ton or 1 ton. Can't get one for the 1/2 ton.
im not for sure, it was a year ago and ive had alot of races since then so i may be wrong . but i do know that it was a reg cab and whenever he shifted gears it sounded like he was grinding.
Old 03-25-2004, 06:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Y2K - You need to run a SS. Same hp, almost the same weight, nearly the same on tq. Running a Z71 isn't going to tell you much. The SS is closer matched to the hyped up hemi than anything else. I'm sure plenty would take the invitation.
Old 03-25-2004, 08:39 AM
Staging Lane

Burnout: Cool! Small world huh? I recognize his name. I have a buddy there that lives in North Dallas that goes by Badeeds69. His name is Brian and has a 60something Dodge truck with a 451. Know him? He is a GREAT Mopar expert and could give you some good advice with Mopars in person if you guys need any. He is also a great fabricator and has a small mill in his garage.
Old 03-25-2004, 09:53 AM
TECH Junkie

Not that im picking, but why are we talking about how great the HEMIS are? I know we need competition to get better so us GM guys have more reason to mod, but there is no big aftermarket for them. They have been out for what, 2 years now? They may wind up like chevys 4.3 v6, a great engine with potential, but not enough demand for performance companys to take notice. I hope they do take notice and put out more mods, but come on, they sure are taking there time.

Right now a Hemi i dont consider competion for our trucks. We have almost unlimited performance availible, and they have nothing. Stock for stock who cares, none of us realy have stock trucks, and chevy/GMC trucks with just a few mods can easily beat hemis. Usually anyway.
Old 03-25-2004, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by BenKey
Y2K - You need to run a SS. Same hp, almost the same weight, nearly the same on tq. Running a Z71 isn't going to tell you much. The SS is closer matched to the hyped up hemi than anything else. I'm sure plenty would take the invitation.
True, I forgot about the SS. I do agree the Hemi is over hyped but I do really like mine. It's got real good power and seems to be getting stronger, breaking in I guess. I've already taken the "HEMI" badges off my truck, the TV commercials has every one saying "that thing got a hemi?", it will eventually be totally de-badged but the Hemi emblems were the first to go. I dont' see why every one bad mouths the Hemi though, it is a good engine, I absolutly love driving my Ram. The Magnaflow muffler on it sounds so good, it was the sound I kept searching for when I had my Silverado but never did get it. I'm not going to get 1/4 mile time crazy on this truck, I've done 2 of 3 three performance mods already, just need a programmer to finish it off. It has plenty of power now and should get more when it completly breaks in, if I get my *** handed to me by an SS or 5.3L, oh well.
Jim
Old 03-25-2004, 12:42 PM
14 Second Truck Club

whatever jim... you nkow your gonna get the bug again... you cant fool me.
Old 03-25-2004, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by onyx
whatever jim... you nkow your gonna get the bug again... you cant fool me.
It's OK, I'm on medication for help fight that dreaded "MOD BUG" that seems so damn contagious. LOL!
Jim
Old 03-25-2004, 04:24 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Y2K Silverado
Lousy! But, I didn't buy it because it got good mileage. My last tank was only 12.1, my mpg idicator say this tank is getting 12.3 mpg, 75% of my driving is around town. My Silverado only got about 14.1 so I'm about 2 mpg lower.
Jim
12mpg ouch!! I shouldnt be taking my 17 for granted!! Nice truck by the way Y2K.
Ryan
Old 03-25-2004, 05:18 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by Y2K Silverado
I dont' see why every one bad mouths the Hemi though, it is a good engine, I absolutly love driving my Ram. Jim
It's because some people are too closed minded and think their vehicle is the best thing since sliced bread.

Eveything goes in cycles... For a couple years Chevy was the bomb, then it would go to Ford, then it will go to Dodge, then back again. Same thing with the cars. mid 80's to early 90s Mustangs were the shiznit. Come 93' the Camaro ruled the streets again. Then 03' the Cobra comes along and lays the smack down stock for stock.

Brand loyalty can be an amusing thing. LOL

I will always buy the best bang for buck or quality I can despite brand loyalty which is a crock IMO.

Quick Reply: hemi dodge ram