Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Hi Beams

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2005, 02:36 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Hi Beams

Excuse me I'm unsure where to post this. My high beams started to come on and go off while driving. They usually come on when I'm accelerating, and then flash when I hit bumps. I live in La., so I'm always hitting bumps. Any ideas whats fixin to go out, or any way to fix it besides driving with the highs on all the time?
Old 08-14-2005, 02:04 AM
Sexy Party Mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude i Have a similar problem. At WOT at like 50 the speedo will start to flip back and forth. My parkingbrake light will flash and my ABS light will come on and stay on throughout the duration of the drive and it turns off after i turn the truck back on. Its annoying as hell.
Old 08-14-2005, 02:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also have a 2000 and sometimes when I start it up the display will say cargo light on even though it isn't on and the dome light will not work. Once it warms up a bit the display goes off the the dome light will work. Also my gas gauge is ALWAYS moving back and forth. Looks like 2000's have shoddy wiring. LOL
Old 08-14-2005, 03:05 AM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by white1
Excuse me I'm unsure where to post this. My high beams started to come on and go off while driving. They usually come on when I'm accelerating, and then flash when I hit bumps. I live in La., so I'm always hitting bumps. Any ideas whats fixin to go out, or any way to fix it besides driving with the highs on all the time?
Sounds like a ground wire is loose somewhere.
Old 08-14-2005, 05:19 AM
Launching!

My 99 had the same problem, gas gauge would always take hours to realize that i had a full tank from empty (literally, it'd take me 30miles for it to get to the full tank side of the gauge)...when i threw my subs n **** in the truck and ran new ground cables everything was fine again.

I was watching some show on tv, you might want to get a upgraded ground kit. There pretty cheap and work from what ive seen.

Dave
Old 08-14-2005, 11:11 AM
Sexy Party Mod

The gas guage is a faulty sending unit. My technician friend at lonestar chevy knows all about these because he changes at least one a week. The new sending unit is like $250 plus install. My gas guage does it too but then it realizes how much it has. Im not gonna worry about that. I would rather mod out my truck than drop money on fixin that.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:38 AM
TECH Addict

The defective sending unit is quite a safety hazzard. Hopefully some people get together and drop a lawsuit on GM and get them to replace them for free. I'm not about to spend 250 on that. And to be on topic, did you get the hi beams fixed yet?
Old 08-15-2005, 06:22 PM
Sexy Party Mod

Originally Posted by CashDudeHomie
The defective sending unit is quite a safety hazzard. Hopefully some people get together and drop a lawsuit on GM and get them to replace them for free. I'm not about to spend 250 on that. And to be on topic, did you get the hi beams fixed yet?
Out of curiosity, how is it a saftey hazzard? Is it prone to arcing? I dont want my baby to blow up.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:23 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Nope, not fixed yet, gonna work on it thurs. For now, I'll keep the high beams on
Old 08-16-2005, 12:04 AM
TECH Addict

I consider it a hazzard because it almost always says I am out of gas and if I was to actually run out of gas I could be struck by another vehicle or stranded in the middle of nowhere and get robbed or something terrible like that.

Quick Reply: Hi Beams