Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

The Hooker Aero Chamber mufflers are on -- sound clips inside

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2004, 03:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Hooker Aero Chamber mufflers are on -- sound clips inside

They are deep, REAL deep. The sound clip doesn't do them any kind of justice. They aren't near as loud as the Flow40, but they are much deeper.

TOG headers, gutted cats, true dual Hooker Aero Chamber mufflers dumped in front of the rear axle. 2 1/2" pipe all the way.
http://www.woracing.com/truck/03Chev...ker%20muff.wav

TOG headers, gutted cats, stock Y pipe otherwise, striaght into a single in/dual out Flow40.
http://www.woracing.com/truck/03Chevy%20216-220.mp3

Before you listen and compare the 2, these are different tunes. I can't seem to get it to lope anymore, although it does have a very solid deep idle, no lope. Once the cutout's open, I will try and get a new sound clip. Maybe this weekend. I suspect that the mufflers are so quiet it's muffling any lope that's getting through.

Moved the files to a new location
http://www.woracing.com/truck/Sound%.../53%20216-220/
Old 08-10-2004, 04:36 PM
TECH Junkie

I have two Aero chambers on my Drag car and I love the sound. I dont have a muffler on my truck now but if I did it would be an Aero chamber.
Old 08-10-2004, 05:35 PM
13 Second Truck Club

I have a 3" center in/out Hooker Aero Chamber new in the box that I would love to get rid of. (Sorry for Hijacking the thread)

I had a Hooker Max Flow on my last truck and loved it. Mild at idle and very mean at WOT. Wicked muffler!
Old 08-10-2004, 05:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

I think it gives the truck that old skewl muscle car sound under a load. The sound is catching on to me, but I think it's going to take some getting used to.
Old 08-10-2004, 09:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Sounds great! Definately different sounding than the flowmaster. Where'd you purchase it from. I really want the "old skewl" sound as well. I want to hear this biatch!! The only issue with it, I guess, is the missing lope then? I really want to hear the lope, but it could be an advantage for the sleeper trucks. Decisions, decisions....
Old 08-10-2004, 11:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

It may be the tune not loping. I heard a little today, well, felt more than heard. I couldl barely hear it in the idle though. I will open those cutouts soon enough and see if I can hear it loping through them.

I'll try and get another sound clip. If I have my laptop with me and it's relatively quiet I will get it.
Old 08-10-2004, 11:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yeah, if you can, get me one with a little revving. I looked them up earlier on Thunder, and they are priced right. I may have found what I was looking for.

Originally Posted by Flyer
It may be the tune not loping. I heard a little today, well, felt more than heard. I couldl barely hear it in the idle though. I will open those cutouts soon enough and see if I can hear it loping through them.

I'll try and get another sound clip. If I have my laptop with me and it's relatively quiet I will get it.
Old 08-10-2004, 11:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

I'm not going to get one revving with my laptop cause it would blow dust all over it ... but if I can convince my bud to bring his camera over I will see if I can get one running down the street.

I forgot to mention .. I got them at Summit.
Old 08-11-2004, 12:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Funny you said where you got them. I just checked out Summit for them, and if go with them, I'll be buying the thorleys, 2 mufflers, and two cutouts all at one time. Did you get the black steel ones, or the other ones offered?

Originally Posted by Flyer
I'm not going to get one revving with my laptop cause it would blow dust all over it ... but if I can convince my bud to bring his camera over I will see if I can get one running down the street.

I forgot to mention .. I got them at Summit.
Old 08-11-2004, 12:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

There's other ones?

Mine are black steel. The exhaust guy mentioned something about them being heavy.

Quick Reply: The Hooker Aero Chamber mufflers are on -- sound clips inside