Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

How does a ford beat a chevy?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 09:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

5.4 fords are pice of **** fords no way they will beat a chevy.
Old 11-02-2004, 09:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

hyper sucks. nuff said.

horsepower means virtually nothing when you are trying to move a fatass 5000 lbs truck out of the hole lol. take a look at the 6.0 with its 345 hp. the L only has 380 (under rated slightly). it isnt the peak number, it is where the stall convertor spends its time. 2200-5200 rpms are where it matters. tq isnt there in the 6.0L when compared to the L motor. helps to make boost so early.

the 5.4 is now a 3 valve motor so you cant compare. the old 5.4L triton is a turd, but what does that have to do with the price of rice in china? it is the combination. my opinion is the 5.4L triton is a turd, eps up in teh upper rpm range. my wifes 5.3L yukon has much more pull up top and about the same down low and midrange. neither impress me ofcourse.

and i will again say that you cant build it cheaper when everything is taken into consideration. for guys that have done total all out drag combinations understand how things add up, esp if you cant do everything on the install or trust yourself in teh motor. (yea admit it, we arent all engineers lol). how cheap you can get away with something versus performance is a moot point.
Old 11-02-2004, 09:26 PM
TECH Junkie

My thing is this the L comes with suspension,tranny,boost,tires the whole 9 yards when the hell is chevy gonna realize we could dominate with this setup-Chevy is a better product in my eyes and I really like the L's but for real chevy trucks can withstand alot of stuff-we need a deal like SVT but for chevy lets face it we have strong engines stock whats a lil boost??
Old 11-02-2004, 09:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 5.3 racer16
5.4 fords are pice of **** fords no way they will beat a chevy.
K-thanks-bye gotta love the internet.
Old 11-02-2004, 09:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by gator's 99TA
hyper sucks. nuff said.

horsepower means virtually nothing when you are trying to move a fatass 5000 lbs truck out of the hole lol. take a look at the 6.0 with its 345 hp. the L only has 380 (under rated slightly). it isnt the peak number, it is where the stall convertor spends its time. 2200-5200 rpms are where it matters. tq isnt there in the 6.0L when compared to the L motor. helps to make boost so early.

the 5.4 is now a 3 valve motor so you cant compare. the old 5.4L triton is a turd, but what does that have to do with the price of rice in china? it is the combination. my opinion is the 5.4L triton is a turd, eps up in teh upper rpm range. my wifes 5.3L yukon has much more pull up top and about the same down low and midrange. neither impress me ofcourse.

and i will again say that you cant build it cheaper when everything is taken into consideration. for guys that have done total all out drag combinations understand how things add up, esp if you cant do everything on the install or trust yourself in teh motor. (yea admit it, we arent all engineers lol). how cheap you can get away with something versus performance is a moot point.
Is the last point directed toward me? If so, dude, just asking a legit question. If not, question still unanswered. Thanks
Old 11-02-2004, 09:32 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gator's 99TA
hyper sucks. nuff said.

my 5000lb turd was pulling mid 13sec gtech times with a stock 6.0, efans, upd intake, cutout and a high stall. i know it is a gtech and all but thats a prety nice number, i have a lot of experience with my gtech and feel comfortable that ET is close.

these trucks can run hard with not too many mods, i think for most people it is a traction issue. get a stall and get it too hook and bam you got a quick truck that runs the times that it should.
Old 11-02-2004, 09:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

gator said ? the new 5.4 is a 3 valve motor so you cant compare? are you saying its way better than chevy or what, huh huh what bitch bring it on chevy is clearly the best we will all stand together against the lightning site with parish to stand up for us . i declare war!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-02-2004, 09:43 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 5.3 racer16
gator said ? the new 5.4 is a 3 valve motor so you cant compare? are you saying its way better than chevy or what, huh huh what bitch bring it on chevy is clearly the best we will all stand together against the lightning site with parish to stand up for us . i declare war!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
, war? no way, just having fun . i do want to be quicker than any 2nd gen lightning, if they dont get any quicker i can probably do it but i am sure they are working to get quicker just like i am. should be interesting. seem that i will probably be competing against all out drag truck shop projects but i could be wrong about that.
Old 11-02-2004, 09:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by parish8
my 5000lb turd was pulling mid 13sec gtech times with a stock 6.0, efans, upd intake, cutout and a high stall. i know it is a gtech and all but thats a prety nice number, i have a lot of experience with my gtech and feel comfortable that ET is close.

these trucks can run hard with not too many mods, i think for most people it is a traction issue. get a stall and get it too hook and bam you got a quick truck that runs the times that it should.
Hey Parish, you hit mid 13s with those mods. I have yet to make it to the track, so do you think I have the potential for low 13s/high 12s with my setup. Mods listed in sig. Surely I would hope so, but won't know until this weekend at THUNDER!
Old 11-02-2004, 09:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

eat **** gator

f150s have always had the tq, silverados always had the hp. who always wins? thats right bitch chevy does, so what would u say is more important?

common sense

Quick Reply: How does a ford beat a chevy?