GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

How does a ford beat a chevy?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 09:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hyper
eat **** gator

f150s have always had the tq, silverados always had the hp. who always wins? thats right bitch chevy does, so what would u say is more important?

common sense
YEAH, HP WINS RACES
Old 11-02-2004, 09:47 PM
TECH Junkie

All I gotta say is my 6.0 isnt slow even my buddy with a Lightning says the same and he drives his truck every single day-he actually wanted to buy mine and sell his L to me but of course I didnt do that. My point gator dont underestimate the 6.0 hell look at parish thats what im talking about hopefully i can join ya in the near future!! Yeah we all need to stand together and show em what we got.
Old 11-02-2004, 09:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

I really want to line up with one and see what my little weak 6.0L has got against one.
Old 11-02-2004, 09:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

hyper you bring nothing to the table other than anger and lack of understanding in basic physics. but looking at your sig, you certainly know ****. lol.

i just feel bad that every time a lightning thread gets going and good tech is brought up, we have ignorant idiots like you. i am glad that parrish and others can see through the garbage. not surprisingly, the fellas poking around in the "other camp" know the competition. they dont make stupid comments like "ford sucks...and their motors are garbage" the original question is why arent chevys with blowers running like the L. why cant they pull 1.9 60' times off the showroom? can they run 140+ mph (scarry as it is in a shoebox).

and there is no war. chevy doesnt give a crap about you guys. look at that silly SRR or whatever it is. how pathetic. we all know it. it is cool though that there are some hardcore guys putting power adders, cams, etc to make their rigs move out and surprise some ford L boys.

as for the stock 5.4L triton, AGAIN i will agree. it is gutless. i am not a fan at all. i am a fan of the total package of what SVT did for such a small production combination.
Old 11-02-2004, 09:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by slowprocess
I really want to line up with one and see what my little weak 6.0L has got against one.
slow, i never mentioned or had you in any of my thoughts in any of these posts. maybe i missed a question you asked me. i said before that i felt you couldnt add up the parts seperate cheaper in an F150 already.

nothing weak about a cammed boltons 6.0L motor. if you run one, make sure it isnt showroom stock lol. mods for mods to be fair besides, it shouldnt be too hard to find a bunch of Ls to run. as a group, the Ls are a hardcore group of drag racers. i bet they line up to run ya. just dont be silly like some guys and see some L on the street and run him and assume you won. i bet you will surprise a whole lot of them at the track!
Old 11-02-2004, 10:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by gator's 99TA
slow, i never mentioned or had you in any of my thoughts in any of these posts. maybe i missed a question you asked me. i said before that i felt you couldnt add up the parts seperate cheaper in an F150 already.

nothing weak about a cammed boltons 6.0L motor. if you run one, make sure it isnt showroom stock lol. mods for mods to be fair
Cool, no beef here. I had just posted in general what a stock new 5.4L F150 could do, and if it could be done cheaper. You answered my question on the cost of modding an f150 to run with one.
As far as mods for mods, I can't even find a new L anywhere locally, let alone one that is modded. I think all you guys from other states yanked them off the market. I'm just anxious to see one run in person. I've seen 1, and only 1 in my town, and that was when I had the little stock 4.8L. Needless to say, I left him alone. It was a beautiful truck, though. Maybe I'll get my chance to line up with one someday. If the damn Powerstrokes would ever quit trying to beat me. They never give up.
Old 11-02-2004, 10:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

come down to FL, there are a ton of Ls around here. some of them are pretty quick. but be sure to be on your game. mid 12s is what you need to run if you run an standard bolton Lightning if you want to make sure not to get embarrased.
Old 11-02-2004, 10:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Gator, you are misinformed about the RADIX. It is not an M112 blower, it's an MP112 blower. There is a difference.

I only skimmed through the thread, but I think some very valid points have been made. Let's keep in mind, the GM trucks are not built for a blower, nor are they built performance oriented. If you slap a RADIX kit on the GM trucks, and put 8-9 psi (isn't that what the L has stock?) on them, I think the stock L's would have thier hands full.
Old 11-02-2004, 10:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

all right i declare peace no beef the point is ford is gay. j/k
Old 11-02-2004, 10:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

On a side note ... some of you should keep the thread a little cleaner. Please try and keep the threats and directed namecalling to a minimun, and at least if you feel it's necesary, please be tactful with it.

Quick Reply: How does a ford beat a chevy?