Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

How does a ford beat a chevy?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 10:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Flyer
Gator, you are misinformed about the RADIX. It is not an M112 blower, it's an MP112 blower. There is a difference.

I only skimmed through the thread, but I think some very valid points have been made. Let's keep in mind, the GM trucks are not built for a blower, nor are they built performance oriented. If you slap a RADIX kit on the GM trucks, and put 8-9 psi (isn't that what the L has stock?) on them, I think the stock L's would have thier hands full.

icould not have said it better just the anwser i wanted to see.
Old 11-02-2004, 10:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ill follow rules
Old 11-02-2004, 10:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by gator's 99TA
come down to FL, there are a ton of Ls around here. some of them are pretty quick. but be sure to be on your game. mid 12s is what you need to run if you run an standard bolton Lightning if you want to make sure not to get embarrased.
I think I could get there pretty easily now. I've got most of the basics down. I might be pretty close, but I'll have to wait until this weekend to find out. If I'm too far away, I guess I'll have to break down and finish my bolt ons and go with a little happy gas. We only have normal trucks around here, with minimum mods. The Powerstroke guys are having fits here now, because they used to be able to handle anything locally. Looks like they're gonna need more than chips/exhaust/filters now.
Old 11-02-2004, 10:19 PM
TECH Junkie

I have to agree the L's are badass off the showroom and they are fast-but you take a chevy slap on a radix run 7.5-8.5lbs boost and the lightning will be surprised-when I do my install im gonna run my buddy in his lightning(its stock for now)and mine wont be nothing more than a 6.0 with a radix at stock boost-I will post up and let you know what happens this will be a good comparison.
Old 11-02-2004, 10:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

stock L makes 8 psi. about 355-358 rwhp and 438-440 rwtq (on the 03-04 models).

flyer, could you explain the differences b/w the MP and the M112?
Old 11-02-2004, 10:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

has anyone done a long term watch on radix blown stock motored GMs? i am talking 50K miles + which shouldnt be hard if it is a daily driver. could be interesting.
Old 11-02-2004, 10:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

MP112 has some designs on it that has better effeincy. The casing is a little smoother and a little better flowing as well as some rotor design differences. The MP112 is a superior blower in the end.

The RADIX advertises 7psi, but most of the time you will see anywhere from 6-7.5 on average.

I've heard BlwonChevy (the MagnaCharger dood) say that he's seen some of his precious custumers from ProjectR with over 100k on a RADIX'd truck, all else stock and they were still running strong.
Old 11-02-2004, 10:45 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by slowprocess
Hey Parish, you hit mid 13s with those mods. I have yet to make it to the track, so do you think I have the potential for low 13s/high 12s with my setup. Mods listed in sig. Surely I would hope so, but won't know until this weekend at THUNDER!
you have to get out of the hole. that is the key. my stall was higher than i asked for and was stalling around 4k. with a 4k stall and 4wd the thing riped out of the hole.

i dont really think there is much diference between a m112 and a mp112. i know they made some changes but for some reason i just dont believe the changes made much diference.

as far as durability goes i think chevy is doing ok there. i put about 10k extremely hard miles on the 6.0 and it ran find till i had a nitrous mishap that motor had 50k+ on it when it went in. i have never heard of anyone wearing a motor out.

if the tune is reasonablely close i think you would get well over 100k with a blown gen3.
Old 11-02-2004, 10:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by parish8
you have to get out of the hole. that is the key. my stall was higher than i asked for and was stalling around 4k. with a 4k stall and 4wd the thing riped out of the hole.

i dont really think there is much diference between a m112 and a mp112. i know they made some changes but for some reason i just dont believe the changes made much diference.

as far as durability goes i think chevy is doing ok there. i put about 10k extremely hard miles on the 6.0 and it ran find till i had a nitrous mishap that motor had 50k+ on it when it went in. i have never heard of anyone wearing a motor out.

if the tune is reasonablely close i think you would get well over 100k with a blown gen3.
I have a 3000 stall. I now have a set of Bf Street slicks, so I think I can hook it. What rpm would you suggest I launch at? Do you think I should brake stall pretty low, then let it flash up, or go pretty high with it? Thanks again and sorry for topic straying here.
Old 11-02-2004, 11:02 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

when i was na i would brake stall it to about 3/4 of the max i thought it would hold. load it prety hard. i have no experience with slicks and a 2wd though so some other way might work better.

Quick Reply: How does a ford beat a chevy?