Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

How does a ford beat a chevy?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 11:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by parish8
when i was na i would brake stall it to about 3/4 of the max i thought it would hold. load it prety hard. i have no experience with slicks and a 2wd though so some other way might work better.
I think I'm going to start another thread just in case some guys here don't see this one. I would really like see that 2wd guys are doing to get good holeshots. Thanks again.
Old 11-02-2004, 11:15 PM
TECH Junkie

I would do like what parish was saying 3/4 of the way just make sure you load it enough and get enough to get you out hard. What i used to do with the camaro.
Old 11-02-2004, 11:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

chevys the best
Old 11-02-2004, 11:42 PM
TECH Junkie

My opinion on the original question is that the L is infact a total package. We can put a blower on our trucks but we dont have the drive train to take it. Our transmission are seemingly made of plastic. And our suspensions is made for general duty not drag racing. The 5.4 in the L’s is also built for the abuse that served; Parish was doing it with a basically stock 6.0. In order for Parish to meet his goal he has to shave over a second off. Once in the 10’s even getting a few tenths will be hard. Parish is also doing it as a hobby/addiction, NOT a profession like some of the L’s he is chasing. With all the “slurping” aside, that is commendable. He is up against guys with much more money and better shops. Should be interesting.

A final thought.

It saddens me that GM will not make a true performance truck.
Old 11-03-2004, 12:30 AM
On The Tree

What did I miss here? Ford vs. Chevy.... This battle will never end....Run what u brung!! And that's it. My truck with a 5.3,radix(6psi), K&n intake and cat back ran a 13.9 on 20's with limited traction. The L's at the track here with intake and cat-back run 13.8 with limited traction. Pretty comparalbe.
Old 11-03-2004, 01:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by gator's 99TA
hyper you bring nothing to the table other than anger and lack of understanding in basic physics. but looking at your sig, you certainly know ****. lol.
shutup u douchebag, what the hell does my sig have to do with anything. what the hell do u bring to the table? u honesty think f150s r faster than silverdos? r u a fukin moron? thats not being ignorant, thats fact. put the joe gibbs truck up against a ligthning and see what happens.

sorry to get pissed but i cant stand when **** come on this forum saying **** like this. i tell him why hes wrong. then he avoids it by coming back with a response like "u lack basic physics" like hes mr. harvard fukin grad or some ****. u cant prove me wrong
Old 11-03-2004, 01:04 AM
On The Tree

Old 11-03-2004, 01:55 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by slowprocess
Cool, no beef here. I had just posted in general what a stock new 5.4L F150 could do, and if it could be done cheaper. You answered my question on the cost of modding an f150 to run with one.
As far as mods for mods, I can't even find a new L anywhere locally, let alone one that is modded. I think all you guys from other states yanked them off the market. I'm just anxious to see one run in person. I've seen 1, and only 1 in my town, and that was when I had the little stock 4.8L. Needless to say, I left him alone. It was a beautiful truck, though. Maybe I'll get my chance to line up with one someday. If the damn Powerstrokes would ever quit trying to beat me. They never give up.
You need to come up to MMP, but the season is pretty much over this year. We've got some pretty competitive L's up here. From stock to pretty modded.
Old 11-03-2004, 07:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by hyper
shutup u douchebag, what the hell does my sig have to do with anything. what the hell do u bring to the table? u honesty think f150s r faster than silverdos? r u a fukin moron? thats not being ignorant, thats fact. put the joe gibbs truck up against a ligthning and see what happens.

sorry to get pissed but i cant stand when **** come on this forum saying **** like this. i tell him why hes wrong. then he avoids it by coming back with a response like "u lack basic physics" like hes mr. harvard fukin grad or some ****. u cant prove me wrong
you are the man now. you keep talking about f150s. you are the only one here talking about that.. hello!? we arent. comparing an f150 to a silverado is like watching two turtles fighting over a piece of lettice. now go back home and stop post whoring. you are very impressive with your ability to use foul language.
Old 11-03-2004, 08:00 AM
TECH Junkie

Yes L's are the total package and it saddens me to that chevy doesnt do something about it.

Quick Reply: How does a ford beat a chevy?