Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

How does a ford beat a chevy?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2004, 08:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are some very interesting discussions and arguements on here.lol. Just to tap on some of the subjects, gator- hands down! you can make a silverado faster than a lightning for way under 30k and very reliable and streetable. Look at me for instance, with the mods I have I can do anything that I want with my truck including towing. My 5.3 ran a 13.21 in the high heat and humidity of south La. Come winter weather, I'll probably be back in the 12's. And I don't even have a blower!!!!! Imagine if I slapped a Radix on this thing. Dependability... well I have 106,000 miles on my 5.3. Hyper is just trying to compare two bone stock naturally aspirated engines. In other words, without the blower, the 5.4 is junk for performance. I'd like to see some buy a F150 as we do with our silverado's and see how much it takes to make it run high 12's-low 13's N/A.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gator's 99TA
hyper you bring nothing to the table
I take it this is your fav line to use when someone does not agree with you as you have used on me.......
Old 11-03-2004, 11:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

tiburon, when all you do is rag on the "other side" you and others like that bring nothing technical to the table. how much does it reflect on you or others when someone posts "chevy sucks, ford sucks, etc"? how does it help you make your rig a better performing combination? how does it help you learn what your ford competitors are doing?

but oh well, some of you fellas will hear what you want to hear. i am not ******* on the silverado (or seirra). remember there is a GMC Yukon 5.3 in my driveway everyday. i wouldnt have bought it if i didnt like the way it drove. but untill you guys can run with the fastest Lightnings, then you cant compare well at all. the same concept is in the fbody drag racing forum. no one disputes the ford FFW and NMRA crush the fbody racing cars. but we are comfortable with realizing that.

btw, ford sucks and are pos and any gm will beat a ford...blah blah. my modded this can beat any stock this blah blah. who cares.
Old 11-03-2004, 12:56 PM
On The Tree

Ok guys, im the one that started this thread. An im sorry I caused so much drama, but I guess thats what always happens when you try compairing chevys against fords.

An for any of the stupid coments directed towards the question, I know that Ls are setup from the factory with performance stuff. But I just didnt know exactly what all helped it run so good. I know the SC an better tracshion help it run good. But I just dont know alot about Fords, an so I was just asking what kkind of other mods. help the Ls run so good. Thats it
Old 11-03-2004, 01:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

OK .. I think this has been hashed over enough.

bogbody, if you have any other questions that didn't get answered, please start a new thread.