Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

How To Make A Show Truck

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 10:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How To Make A Show Truck

Ok, My friend has a 2003 SCSB Silverado 5.3, An he has plans on making it into a full blown show truck with looks an performance. He has taken out a loan to pay for all the Mods he plans on doing. He wants to Bag it, shave it, add a STS kit an everything. But before he gets started on buying all the stuff he wanted to know what the best way to get SPONSORS an any kind of good deals on all his Accessories an Mods.

Should he make a resume of some sort or just call the dealer an tell them what his plans are an see what kind of deals they will give them? Any ideas would help.
Old 12-29-2004, 10:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Be quite honest im sure on the sponsers not sure how that works but sounds like he's got a decent plan going on!! I would call them and see what they say the worst thing they can say is no. Also he may wanna look into a radix since theres a lot of people on this site that can take care of him!! But sounds good let us know what happens.
Old 12-31-2004, 12:06 AM
Teching In

This will be very difficult to accomplish. If you haven't built a show truck/car that hasn't seen some exposure to the show scene (magazines ect). Don't waste your or their time making a proposal.

A company is going to want to know what they are getting out of the deal. Not just knowing that someone has their product and is going to a couple of shows a year.

A good proposal will include a plan for build up, a list of current sponsors, what shows you will attend, and your past projects. All with pictures of build up and magazines that your projects were in.

Thats just alittle bit of what will be needed.
Old 12-31-2004, 01:12 PM
TOTM: January 2007

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by miniklr
A company is going to want to know what they are getting out of the deal. Not just knowing that someone has their product and is going to a couple of shows a year.

A good proposal will include a plan for build up, a list of current sponsors, what shows you will attend, and your past projects. All with pictures of build up and magazines that your projects were in.
This is right. I got sponsored but it took a lot. I didn't get sponsored until my third year of modding. I did the body first so the truck would look good. After spending a **** load of money at the body shop, he started hooking me up. Like half cost on parts and labor. After the initial sponsor, it was alot easier to get additional sponsors. After that, I got like 4 or 5 more sponsors with hopefully more coming.

Sponsors need to know that you are seroius about your truck, and going to follow through with your plans for the future. I then made a proposal with the mods my truck has, future mods, and intensions for the future. Car shows are a great way to show a product, but I have noticed with performance mods, you kinda need to prove it. Drag racing and dyno results are great for this!

I have a Bachelors in Science in Business Marketing, so I just pulled out the general marketing 101 book and made a simple marketing plan into a proposal. It is not easy to get sponsored, but if your friend is really serious it can be done. All sponsors have different programs as well, full sponsorship, partial sponsorship, and free labor.

Good luck to your friend with his truck.