Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Hrm... today started out crappy then went VERY cool! (story time boys n girls)

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 11:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Hrm... today started out crappy then went VERY cool! (story time boys n girls)

Well after bombing a final in Marketing this morning my driver's right inner brake pad went south all of a sudden...that's aside from not going to sleep the night before. lol I stayed up studying until about 4am then instead of resting for 2 hrs before getting ready I opted to have a few rounds on Vice City!

Anyway...so I spent about 4 hrs tracing down my stupid brake problems and walking around ( ! ) to get pads! So after I got them tossed on and learning one rear caliper is bad and both rotors are sligtly warped I left with a scowl on my face once again.

After that I was mucho hongry so I stopped at Subway for a turkey breast and ham. Lettuce, tomato, onions, bell peppers, italian dressing, and black pepper = mmmmm good. Now that my hunger was at bay I could continue on with my day. By this time it was about 5pm.

So I headed over to "The Zone" for a few random parts... PCV, PS fluid, some rags, and I don't recall what else. So then I headed over to Braums for an ice cream cone...this was a yogurt twist. After the cone it was car wash time. 25¢ washes are nice.

Next it was off to Tom Thumb (or AKA Randalls in Houston!) for a turkey baster to change my ATF. Oh I recall now, I also got a fuel filter at Vato Zone. Sleep deprivation is no good. So it took me about 5 min of staring at a wall of kitchen stuff to finally spot it. While there a case of jailbate hit on me pretty blatently...I played a long a lol.

I believe after all that, I finally went home. And what did I see on my front porch... my 40A VSCs from Flex-A-Lite dropped off by the Men in Brown. I opened the box and was excited to see they had arrived. So I unloaded my cache o' booty (lol) from "The Zone" and got to work.

I changed the PCV (took like 3 min TOPS), changed ATF (gots to love drain plugs), fuel filter (gas fumes make me smile ), and the PS fluid. HOLYSHIT was the PS fluid GROSS. Dark brown and stinky...new stuff was clear!

After I got all that done... another delivery person comes to my door...it's FedUp! They dropped off another shift kit for me. It's for a Ford. So I get to finally toss in a shift kit in my bargin priced E4OD...I pop the pan and pull one of the THREE valve bodies and what's in there??? A TRANSGO KIT ALREADY. Not a full performance setup so I drill a few extra holes and such to get it that way. So I do somethinking here... I have an extra accumulator body laying around I snaked from a Lightning. I take the TransGo I just got and put it in that L's VB! That's going to ebay

I swapped VSCs here about 2 hrs ago and am about to go test drive to set temps accordingly. And hope to order some rotors from Wholesale Direct!

Thus concludes a day in the life of Hit Man...
Old 05-12-2004, 11:34 PM
TECH Addict

Man, I just woke up and went flying in a twin. Nothing much else here other than changing the filter on the truck and adding a quart of amsoil. You are way more productive than me.
Old 05-12-2004, 11:38 PM
TECH Veteran

It's truly astonishing to me how much crap you can do in a day if you are awake the entire day!
Old 05-12-2004, 11:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey man. Next time you feel like having one of these days again... You be sure to let me know OK??? When you do, order a bunch of parts. Say a TransGo, vette servo and some 4.10's with an Eaton. Then I will gladly bring my truck down for you to "tune up!!" Theres a few other things I need done as well. So let me know of your interested!
Old 05-12-2004, 11:44 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 99Silver5.3
Hey man. Next time you feel like having one of these days again... You be sure to let me know OK??? When you do, order a bunch of parts. Say a TransGo, vette servo and some 4.10's with an Eaton. Then I will gladly bring my truck down for you to "tune up!!" Theres a few other things I need done as well. So let me know of your interested!

They happen often, the less I sleep the more stuff I get done!
Old 05-12-2004, 11:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hit Man X
They happen often, the less I sleep the more stuff I get done!

Ok, dont go to bed then. I have a cam, oil pump, rods, and springs for you to do!!