Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Hudiburg can kiss my @$$

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 01:37 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hudiburg can kiss my @$$

I have become convinced that when you purchase a new vehicle, you are not only buying that vehicle, but you are buying a dealership as well.

I'll give a brief history to catch everyone up before I get into todays problem....

I have had problems with my 2003 Silverado from Day 1. The first major problem was the transmission. GM stopped making the 4.8 5-Speed early on in the 2003 model year. I should have taken that as an omen. Within 1 month (3k miles) the truck began to pop out of first gear. Put it in first, begin to accelerate and !!!BOOOM!!!!! it pops out, and I mean it sounds like the damn transmission is exploding. I took the truck to the dealership no less than 4 times with the SAME problem (each time the problem had gotten worse).

Each of the first 3 times they fed me the same bullshit..... Driver error, there is no problem with the truck you just dont know how to drive it. Blah Blah Blah. The F'ing service manager went out on a test drive with me and told me to my face, your just not putting it into first gear all the way, its not the trucks fault your not driving it correctly. Let me tell you something, as a police officer I have developed a great deal of self restraint, but I was about a half-second away from losing my temper and squaring off with that old man.

FINALLY on the 4th time in, I had spoken with the regional service manager and he had talked with Jerry Perry, my "service consultant," (A position I have discovered to be about as worthless as a high-school concilor). They sent a young tech, their best transmission guy, out on a test drive with me. Sure enough it popped out frequently. With this guy I went the extra mile. I pushed in the clutch, put the truck in first, told him (while I held the clutch in) to make sure it was ALL THE WAY into first. He did, and he agreed it was all the way into first. Began to take off and !!BOOM!! Several times the same thing and the tech said, yes its a problem, and no its not your driving.

THANK GOD.

So they take the truck, and agree to give me a loaner, I asked for a truck, they said they didnt have a truck. Look, you have a WHOLE lot full of trucks, give me some busted up used 88 model, but give me a truck. Nope, they gave me an Aztec. A ******* Aztec. Have you seen those things?? So I take my red Aztec and leave. A week later they call me up, your truck is finished, great, I go and pick it up. They pull it around, I get in start it up and begin to leave....!!!BOOOM!!! pops out of first again.

This time the service manager hears it and walks over. I get out hand him the keys and say "last chance, fix it right or i'm getting an attorney and i'll sue you under the "lemon law."" He takes the keys, says he's sorry and informs me that they have done all they can. He states "I'll have to call the regional service manager, and have him authorize further work on your transmission." I said thats fine because i'll be calling him as well. And by the way "I want a loner TRUCK not a damn Aztec."

So I go to pick up my loner truck, and, oh look a Nissan Frontier. I do not think so. I go back inside and tell them I want a truck not a car with a bed. They again tell me its all they have, and that the'll call me when they get a full size loaner they can give to me...............Jesus Christ, ever hear of customer satisfaction?

A week goes by, they call and say were going to replace your whole transmission, but theres a problem. Not a single one left in the US. All of the spare parts are gone, all of them have been used. Hmm wonder where they all went??? They inform me GM is making some changes to the trans and the new ones will be avalible in about a month.......Wonder what they were changing??

3 weeks later I get a call, we have a full size loaner for you, (needless to say I drove the **** out of that thing). Well I had the full size loner for 1 day. They called and told me they had the trans replaced and my truck was ready.

I go pick it up and sure enough, its actually working correctly.

Since then I have had my radio replaced twice. Both times it would start playing (CD's) then stop after about 30 seconds. Always seemed to be related to the heat. Which we have plenty of here in OK.

Took it in, both times they replaced it no questions asked. Wow, good service for a change. Lots of other small misc problems but nothing worht mentioning except to say that my 2003 truck with 30k miles, has spent more time in the shop in its first 2 years than my 1992 with 180k miles did in its entire life.

Now to the present.

6 weeks ago SES light comes on. Take it to Autozone have the code scanned, "right bank running rich," "Emissions sensor malfuntion." Well I have 1 day off a week, and that day is monday. In order for me to make it to the dealership I have to have my one day off totally free. Its a severe inconvenience since my one day off is often packed full of errands. So about two weeks ago I finally get it in.

I tell them I have 2 problems, the first is the SES light, the second is my radio which is malfunctioning again. SOOOOOOO......they tell me the SES light is no problem, but the raido which they have already replaced twice is. They say we cant replace the radio, we dont do that. I said but youve done it twice already, well no we havent because we dont do that. Dear god, these people dont even know what THEY are doing inside their own shop. We can fix the radio, they say, but we'll have to send it off.

So let me get this straight, because of YOUR factory defect, I have to be without a raido? Yup, thats pretty much correct. He says, its the humidity that gets em, I said oh then this is a common problem in OK? He said nope your one of very few. Well look here assclown, its not anymore humid in my truck then it is anywhere else in the state........

Anyway, I tell them to **** off on the raido and fix my rich problem because gas is killing me. They fix it, and of course i'm upset.

ON THE WAY HOME, the damn SES light comes on AGAIN. "Left Bank Rich" (says autozone). Are you ******* kidding me????

Then these buttholes have the nerve to send me TWO letters telling me about a survey GM will be sending me......if for any reason you arent completely satisfied........let us know........ well hot damn, I aint satisfied and I let them know. I called today and I asked for the number of the regional service manager, but guess what, no one seems to have it. "I cant give you that number, even I dont have it." So I try to talk to Hudiburg's Service Manger, 5 minutes of holding and I get the same bitch who couldnt tell me the regional guys number........

She leaves a message for Service Manager to call me back.

I just spoke to him and he wont give me the Regional Service Managers number until I go in and talk to him. So I'm leavin in about 10 minutes to go talk to him.

Wish me luck because i'm gonna need it.

Thanks to all who read all this bs, and i'm sorry for the harsh lanugage, at this time i'm quite angered.

Moral is, dont go to Hudiburg Chevrolet in Midwest City. The sales department will lick your butthole if you ask them to, but the service department will shove a stickshift up your *** as soon as you buy the truck.

P.S. Yes I still love my truck.
Old 06-21-2004, 01:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

dude, go to wheeler chevrolet, call them, that's where I bough my truck and I know the owner. Ask to talk to Charlie Wheeler, he's the owner, very nice man and will do what is right. they come and pick my truck up down town where I park and either flatbed it to where the dealer is or have someone drive it and hae it back to me before work is out. they will give you a loaner probably would be a new full size or soemthing worth a crap. I hate Hudiburg and Smicklas, Bob Howard I hate with dealing with all these ****** and I don't even bother anymore. Wheeler has treated me good since the first day and if I had as many problems as you I would go take that truck up theri with my attorney(which is my grandpa) Charlies good freind and tell them I want a new truck becasue this thing is a PEICE OF ****.
Old 06-21-2004, 02:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

that is bad service. period.. look somewhere else and never buy there again..

in my situation, the service dept was nicer to me than the sales dept..
Old 06-21-2004, 04:44 PM
Truck addict

that is some crappy luck. even worse dealership. i thought the service dept at my local chevy dealer was bad. yours takes the cake.
Old 06-21-2004, 07:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I believe that all Hudiburgs have been bought by Autonation, at least here in Ft Worth. They have such a bad name here, that they changed the name to Bankston. They had a CSI score of 34.
By the way, AUTONATIONs suck.
Old 06-21-2004, 07:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I feel for you. I think I would have lost it.
Old 06-21-2004, 09:05 PM
Launching!

heh, thanks for reading all that mess folks.

I took it in, the sales manager wouldn't even come talk to me. HOWEVER, they did take it and get the SES light fixed (crank re-learn solved the problem). And they claim to have replaced my radio, although oddly enough the radio in the truck now has the same smudges my old one did......they were closed when I returned to get it so I havent gotten to speak to anyone about it, but I will, thats for sure.

I also had to put my dog to sleep this afternoon. What a shitty day.
Old 06-21-2004, 09:07 PM
lm7
TECH Fanatic

sorry to hear about the dog man...what breed and age and why?
Old 06-21-2004, 09:18 PM
TECH Regular

I have mixed emotions upon reading this...on one hand, I hate that you have been stuck with having your truck at the dealership such an inordinate number of times. That just sucks. Period.
On the other hand, if all this had never happened, I wouldn't have had the chance to pass the CocaCola I was drinking through my nose and all over the keyboard while reading this: "He says, its the humidity that gets em, I said oh then this is a common problem in OK? He said nope your one of very few. Well look here assclown, its not anymore humid in my truck then it is anywhere else in the state........" My wife thought I was having some type of drug-induced fit or something. Thanks for the laugh!
Old 06-21-2004, 09:31 PM
Launching!

Sorry to hear about all your truck & dealership problems. If I remember correctly, the only time I took my truck back to the dealership was for a noise the bed bushings wer making. I dont think I could of remained cool like you after so much $h1t happening to my vehicle. Oh and sorry about your dog too, Its hard to loose a good true friend.