Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

hydro boost ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 11:07 PM
formerly lamborado (1-12-2012)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did hydroboost when i did the awd swap, also did disc brakes and srilled and slotted rotors, first time out being used to the old brakes i about put myself into the windshield. i really like it, got my entire setup including the PS pump for 150.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:00 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Im going to do hydroboost one day as well. I noticed when I replaced my brakes I didn't grease the slides. I had HORRIBLE brakes. Very unpredictable. Some times they would lock up some times they would feel like they were slipping. Took them appart and greased the slides and it fixed MOST of my issues. I have the braded lines as well. Love the pedal feel with them but still want more. Hydroboost is the answer.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:21 AM
On The Tree

Well I bit the bullet and bought a hydro boost. Its supposed to show up wednesday on the favorite brown truck.... paid 100 for the booster and pedal with shiping hoping it has the lines with it but im not holding my breath.. ive blead the brakes twice after the first time I did it I ran it on jack stands to set the abs off and re did them again. Got just a tiny bit of air at each wheel I pry pumped half of the resivoir thru each caliper and refilled it before I went to the next wheel. Figure that would be sufficent get rid of the air.. I post how it turns out when I get it installed.. thank guys..
Old 11-04-2011, 05:56 PM
On The Tree

Wow why in the hell didnt gm install that in the first place. Unreal what the difference is. They work great took bout 2hrs to do. Was gona wait till the weekend to do it but the gfs car broke a lower ball joint so I had to get it done so she had sumthing to drive. Only snag I had was installing the hose from the pump to the booster. They could have put the line on the pump in a better spot I think.

MONEY WELL SPENT THIS TIME!!!!!!!

Now that i got the wo figured out now its time for the go part!!!

THANK GUYS FOR THE HELP.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:47 AM
On The Tree

Ok dont shoot me but I got another question.... I let the gf drive it for a couple days now while i got her car fixed. Now that I got it back and had a chance to drive it a bit I notice that the brakes seem to be hanging up a bit. Played around with it a little and found that the brake pedal does not come all the way back. You can reach down and pull pedal back bout a quarter inch and it will roll nice and easy.... I un hooked the brake pedal from the rod and it moves freely but if you watch the rod it doesnt come all the way back unless you help it...... Any ideas? Bad booster unit? Think unit came off an 04 escalade...
Old 11-10-2011, 10:45 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 786 Likes on 652 Posts

Originally Posted by KIFER88
Ok dont shoot me but I got another question.... I let the gf drive it for a couple days now while i got her car fixed. Now that I got it back and had a chance to drive it a bit I notice that the brakes seem to be hanging up a bit. Played around with it a little and found that the brake pedal does not come all the way back. You can reach down and pull pedal back bout a quarter inch and it will roll nice and easy.... I un hooked the brake pedal from the rod and it moves freely but if you watch the rod it doesnt come all the way back unless you help it...... Any ideas? Bad booster unit? Think unit came off an 04 escalade...
Thats an indication of a bad master cylinder. Did you fill the new one up and Bleed it properly before installing it???
I have a few more questions for you though.
Did you swap in The matching Brake pedal from the HD Set up??? IF not the pin on the pedal is in a differnt spot. Could be 1 of your problems. 2nd one Gm has a Brake bleed procedure Using a scan tool to activate the ABS pump. this always makes a difference on every brake system I have ever worked on.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:15 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1FastBrick
Thats an indication of a bad master cylinder. Did you fill the new one up and Bleed it properly before installing it???
I have a few more questions for you though.
Did you swap in The matching Brake pedal from the HD Set up??? IF not the pin on the pedal is in a differnt spot. Could be 1 of your problems. 2nd one Gm has a Brake bleed procedure Using a scan tool to activate the ABS pump. this always makes a difference on every brake system I have ever worked on.
I did swap the pedal and bench bleed the master cyl. I had a bit of a dumb *** atack. I spliced into the wrong side of the return line (I didn't have the correct ps pump with the two return ports). I moved my splice connection over to the hose coming from the cooler to the pump return port so I wouldn't have return pressure from the steering box back feeding the booster unit ( read that on a past forum) everthing is all good now works like a champ!!!!! Thanks Anyway 1FastBrick
Old 11-12-2011, 01:44 AM
Charlie Murphy!

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I didn't know you could upgrade to hydroboost for around 100.00. I've got a 2000 silverado. What years and what makes are donor vehicles? I see you mentioned an escalade. Anything else?

I put hydroboost on my Camaro and it was freekin awesome.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:19 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by iregret
I didn't know you could upgrade to hydroboost for around 100.00. I've got a 2000 silverado. What years and what makes are donor vehicles? I see you mentioned an escalade. Anything else?

I put hydroboost on my Camaro and it was freekin awesome.
Im no expert but from what ive read on past threads seems that any models with the same body style as the pkup will work (ex the yukon, suburban, 2500's )you get the point. Its damn easy to do just takes a few simple hand tools. would recomend getting the correct ps pump but the original will work fine. And get the pedal too.. any ?'s let me know.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:57 PM
On The Tree

thought id revive my old thread for this question..... just noticed that my boost unit is leaking wher the two halves bolt together i know ive seen a pic of a boost unit torn apart on here but cant find it... im wondering if ther is an oring or a gasket between the halves... does any body know.. or have a pic of one torn apart.. or a part number..

Quick Reply: hydro boost ?