Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

i need votes to get $50,000 from optima

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 02:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i need votes to get $50,000 from optima

i got a call yesterday from a guy named john roush, and he told me that i was in the top 5 out of the nation. read up. IM GOING CRAZY!!

OPTIMA Batteries(R) Unveils The 'Full Ride' Contest
New promotion gives consumers the chance to win $50,000 in vehicle upgrades .

MILWAUKEE, May 1 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- OPTIMA Batteries(R), a division of Johnson Controls Inc., is launching a national contest to promote OPTIMA batteries through an online and retail promotion on May 1, 2006. The "Full Ride" contest will award one lucky winner with a vehicle upgrade worth $50,000 along with a national television appearance, inclusion in an OPTIMA print ad and a trip to SEMA 2006. Four runners-up will receive aftermarket upgrade prize packages worth $2,000 each.

OPTIMA Batteries has partnered with other high-end performance automotive parts manufacturers such as K&N, Magnaflow, MSD Ignition, JBL, Edelbrock, Baer brakes and the television shows Dream Car Garage and Sports Car Revolution to conduct an integrated 10-week promotion in over 2,500 participating stores nationwide and on their dedicated website, http://www.optimafullride.com/. The winning vehicle, with all its upgrades, will be unveiled at SEMA in Las Vegas.

Contest entrants will be asked to mail in an entry form or go to http://www.optimafullride.com/ and submit a photo of their vehicle and a 200-word story on why their vehicle deserves the "Full Ride". Industry experts, using the following criteria: originality, clarity and adherence to theme, will select five finalists to be considered for the grand prize. The final portion of the contest includes online voting by consumers of the top five entrants posted online where consumers can vote once per day for the vehicle they think is most deserving of the "Full Ride".

The "build" of the winning vehicle will be broadcast on Dream Car Garage and/or Sports Car Revolution television shows during their 2007 seasons on the SPEED Channel. The contest is also being supported with print ads running in various enthusiast publications including, Truckin', Honda Tuning, Car Audio & Electronics, Popular Hot Rodding, Sport Truck and Lowrider, among others. In- store promotional materials include an on-pack brochure, shelf talkers in the battery aisle and a window cling as well as the dedicated promotional website, http://www.optimafullride.com/.

"The "Full Ride" promotion is really about giving people the chance to outfit their vehicles with the best, most advanced performance aftermarket products available," said Stephen Kepler, General Manager for OPTIMA Batteries. "OPTIMA Batteries provide the long lasting power needed to run many of the electronics and accessories being added to vehicles today. Auto and truck enthusiasts are installing OPTIMA's at the same time they're adding other high-performance parts like brakes, exhausts systems, stereo systems, wheels and tires."

Consumers will have the opportunity to enter to win the contest online at http://www.optimafullride.com/ or at participating locations nationwide including Sears and Pep Boys, starting May 1, 2006 and going through July 7, 2006. Entry forms can be found online or at participating locations in the U.S., and must be postmarked by July 3, 2006 and received by July 7, 2006 to be considered during the initial voting portion of the contest.

July 10 through July 31, 2006, the public will vote on who deserves the $50K in upgrades. On July 31, 2006, the vehicle with the most number of votes,based on online voting results, will win the $50,000 vehicle upgrade prize and the remaining four will receive the $2,000 prize packages.

There is no purchase necessary to enter or win. Entrants must be legal residents of the Continental U.S. and must be at least 21 years of age at the time of entry. Customers can visit http://www.optimafullride.com/ for official rules and details and to enter the contest.

.........anyway the voting is on monday, and it goes through the 30th. and everyone can vote once a day with one email address. but if you have multiple email addresses. you can vote once a day with each email address. i would appreciate the vote guys. thanks.

Last edited by nick993; 07-08-2006 at 03:05 PM.
Old 07-08-2006, 02:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Holy ****! talk about a dream win! I'll vote for ya! I just wish I knew about it so I could have entered.
Old 07-08-2006, 02:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

yeah i entered 3 months ago. i completly forgot about it.
Old 07-08-2006, 02:46 PM
TECH Addict

I'll vote for ya too...Good Luck!
Old 07-08-2006, 02:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Question

Hey, who won that $50.00 from Tbyurne?????

Jim
Old 07-08-2006, 04:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

thanks guys i will give you guys thanks if i get interviewed. thats if i win.
Old 07-10-2006, 07:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

just curious if anyone voted today?
Old 07-10-2006, 07:36 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by CHEVY6000VHO
Hey, who won that $50.00 from Tbyurne?????

Jim
I did.
Old 07-10-2006, 08:11 PM
Launching!

I did too! Hope ya win
Old 07-11-2006, 01:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome. You got my vote as well.

Quick Reply: i need votes to get $50,000 from optima