Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

I'm BACK!!! LONG

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2004, 07:44 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm BACK!!! LONG

Well I am back for those who care Anyway, what a freakin f'd up move that was. We had so much trouble that it was almost making me think twice about moving. The first Penske truck we got, the loading ramp was broken and the jack to the car carrier was broken also. After getting a new truck we started loading it at around 2 in the afternoon I guess. At about 11 I realized I had lost my keys This is after the truck is 3/4 of the way packed up!! So I was thinking that I put it in the filing cabinet drawer and that was at the front of the truck. So we unpack a the left side of the truck to get to the cabinet and come to find out they werent there. I had also thought that maybe they had fell in the couch where I had put some drinks that I had just gotten back from the store from. So 4 hours later I finally find them. They were only about 1/2 way up the truck packed in a laundry basket that was sittin on the couch. So we finish up, throw the rest back in the storage and head to my girls house to sleep, 30 minutes later were there. We sleep from 5-9 and start packing again, mind you I wanted to get on the road on sat. Its already saturday and were barely 1/2 through. So we start packing her stuff and realize we do not have enough room. So I call U haul, there on equipment delays and they will call me when the find one trailer. Shortly after that I realized I needed two trailers, 6x12 size. We pick one up on sat and one up on sun and get them loaded. Since I couldn't get into work on sun I had to wait until monday to get on the road. I get to work on mon and load up my tools and stuff and we get on the road at around 12. One of the trailers we realized we couldn't go over 45 mph with because it would swing back and forth. Long story short, it had radial tires on it and that was causing it. So we get to columbus oh, and get it exchanged and get on the road after 12 again. Next we get lost in St. Louis because our exit was blocked off and there wasn't clear instructions on where to go. So after all of this, and 4 days of driving I finally get here. Thank God a couple friends came over and we had the truck and two trailers unpacked in about 5 hours! Sorry so long, just had to vent

Anything exciting happen when I was gone?
Old 06-29-2004, 09:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn, Thats an ordeal!! I wouldve started yelling and screaming and breaking ****!! Im being serious. Thats crazy. Glad to hear you are safe and on your way back to normalcy.
Whats changed, whats changed .... my truck still isnt fast , but I have a plan in action
Old 06-29-2004, 09:49 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

what a pain in the ***, glad to hear you made it safe!