GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

I'm calling out the HEMI boys on their forum

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2003, 10:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I'm calling out the HEMI boys on their forum

Wow .. what responses!

If you question what I said being towards you .. then it probably isn't you that it was directed to.

Supertom seems kewl. Maybe one day me and him can line them up. Maybe it will be before the blower goes back on so it will be a 'fair' race!

I will say this .. I've been having to drive my dad's Dakota around a bit lately, and I absolutely love getting back in my truck after wards. I hate the way that thing drives. It's underpowered though, and way to tight of a steering for a 4 door truck, but it sits lower to the ground which makes it easier for my wheelchair bound grandmother to get in and out of.
Old 10-08-2003, 11:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

01 Thunder .. Glad to see you found the caps lock key!
Old 10-09-2003, 05:26 PM
12 Second Club

yah its right HERE
Old 10-15-2003, 06:46 PM
Teching In

Hey guys, Here is a race between a 6.0 with a magnacharger, and a hemi with i think exhaust, and intake. not for sure of his total mod's. not trying to start any trash talk, but i was impressed with how the hemi ran against a supercharged 6.0 silverado. There is a weight difference, but damn that hemi ran pretty darn good. Here is what he wrote over at DTW. I will say this was a freindly race between both parties. Here is the post..

`````````````````````````````````````````````
http://www.web-eleets.com/sites/cpro...vsSC-CHEVY.wmv

There you go guys. We did 3 runs total.

1st run: I jump out ahead out of the hole, and keep a small lead on him the whole way.

2nd run: I powerbrake a little to a bit too high RPM's, and get too much spin. He jumps out about a foot or two ahead and it ends up very close, but i think he got me by about a foot still. Notice a motorcyle pulls up behind us and wants some of the action too! HAHAHA

3rd run: I jump out ahead immediately, and pull away about a foot or so more as we approach the camera.

These short runs were probably a little more than an 1/8th of a mile, and I would say we were very close. I hesitate to say which truck is actually faster because it was a very good race. I had fun.

Thanks to Mike for the fun! Chevy guys, please post this on your site as well, so Mike and whoever else can download it. Thanks

Chris
Old 10-15-2003, 07:23 PM
Teching In

That's impressive. I would have thought that despite the weight difference, his extra 100 RHP from the blower would have made up for it. Then again, I've never been very impressed with the way those 1500HDs run. You also have somewhat of a sleeper in the ST. I believe that's the lightest of the hemi configurations. It definitely has 14 second potential. Did you get a chance to weigh yours?
Tom
Old 10-15-2003, 07:39 PM
Teching In

It was not my truck. I found the post at Dodgetruckworld.com. I gotta 03 silverado with the 5.3. I signed up for there forum because of this topic. I wanted to see what the heck was going on with all this smack talk. I know the hemi is a nice motor, but i thought the SC would eat it in my opinion. Mine is 4x4 ext cab 5.3. too much weight. There has got to be a huge weight difference there. probably atleast 900lb. I wish i would have went with the bigger engine for this truck. 5.3 is real sweet for the reg cab's, but for this truck i am alittle heavy. Its all weight difference in that race.. later all
Old 10-15-2003, 07:39 PM
Teching In

Default Re: I'm calling out the HEMI boys on their forum *DELETED*

Post deleted by Americantruck
Old 10-15-2003, 08:23 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks for posting Americantruck. I knew that blower would be screaming
That was fun and video came out good. I was happy to be running like that pushing 5800lbs
That exhaust on Chris's truck sounds real good.
Old 10-15-2003, 10:28 PM
Teching In

Is yours a 4x4, cause truthfully i cant believe he beat you.
Old 10-15-2003, 11:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys,my only encounter with a Hemi 1500 reg cab lasted about 4 seconds.He punched when the light turned green,I punched when I heard the tires spin caught him instantly and jumped out by about 5 truck lengths and let off.The guy was cool about it,he pulled up next to me and asked is that thing supercharged?I nodded,he said thats really cool and drove off with a look of dissbelief.My Tahoe has a Magnacharger and I'll assure you that a stock Hemi has no chance of staying anywhere close to it in 1/8mi,1/4mi,topend or any punch you might choose.

Quick Reply: I'm calling out the HEMI boys on their forum