Incase no one knew

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 09:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XLR8NSS

What is GAP insurance?
I will take this a little further
GAP is an extra insurance you can purchase from your bank or where you get your loan.
It covered the difference between what your car is worth - ACV - actual cash value and your loan
Typically this is very helpful for folks who roll loans into another loan
or a vehicle that depreciates very quickly.

If you dont have GAP - if there is a difference - you will still be required to pay the difference - so you are paying on a loan/car you dont own anymore

I see folks severely upside down in loans - I had a bmw owner who was 14k upside down from rolling loans
Old 04-28-2005, 09:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LS1csherm
I will take this a little further
GAP is an extra insurance you can purchase from your bank or where you get your loan.
It covered the difference between what your car is worth - ACV - actual cash value and your loan
Typically this is very helpful for folks who roll loans into another loan
or a vehicle that depreciates very quickly.

If you dont have GAP - if there is a difference - you will still be required to pay the difference - so you are paying on a loan/car you dont own anymore

I see folks severely upside down in loans - I had a bmw owner who was 14k upside down from rolling loans
^ that's the truth. we have cars that total here and the people get pissed when the acv(actual cash value) is about $4000.00 less than they owe. I always ask about gap ins and most look at me like i'm smoking something. once it's explained they say i'll get it next time.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:44 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by thunder550
Regardless of whether he was selling it or keeping it...he put a lot of time into it, as has just about everyone here, and to see someone take a **** on it like that shows a complete lack of respect, among other things. It just makes it that much more personal.

If you read this ILLNALI, hope you get everything worked out ok. Those pics made me mad....

That is a crying shame. I hope it all works out for him. It was a beautiful truck and Santiago is a good dude. I hate it for him.
Old 04-28-2005, 11:12 AM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is very sad to see something like this. No respect for other peoples $hit. I hope he finds out who did it.
Old 04-28-2005, 11:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Not that that **** doesnt happen everywhere but for those of you that arent familiar with Houston its pretty ruthless down there. It s a really cool city and there are some nice surrounding areas but that city is wild! Sorry for the loss!
Old 04-28-2005, 11:22 AM
Staging Lane

Well, hell, if we're gonna hit the man up

Hey, Ill, once the dust clears, would you be interested in selling me the q/s unit ??

hit me at kzsmokey@ev1.net

Dude..... I hope they find the f'ers that did it
Old 04-28-2005, 12:07 PM
TECH Veteran

They won't find them. When my dodge ram got stolen 2 years ago, found it stripped. The only fingerprints they found were mine and my girlfriends.
Old 04-28-2005, 12:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SierraCrew
They won't find them. When my dodge ram got stolen 2 years ago, found it stripped. The only fingerprints they found were mine and my girlfriends.
They arent going to attempt to! Sorry that sucks but we are talking Houston here!
Old 04-28-2005, 12:44 PM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

nope. there will be no investigation...this **** happens every night in houston. my dad owns a business that specifically fixes broken steering columns and air bags on stolen cars for insurance companies. hes been doing it for 17 years now and business hasnt slowed any. cops dont have time to jack with fingerprints on a car when they have fingerprints on guns and **** every day.
Old 04-28-2005, 01:31 PM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SierraCrew
Damn, I'm making me a "Nice Try *******" sticker to go over my vin # too after seeing those pics.
I bet that works out real nice the next time you get pulled over.

Sierracrew: "Sorry officer, your one of the good guys. I put that there for the bad guys."

Thieves probably couldn't read it anyway.

Quick Reply: Incase no one knew