Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Incase no one knew

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 05:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At least he has the ability to go on. Mine was stolen and they have had no sightings at all. I just keep hoping one day it will show up. I would be happy if the just found the shell of it so I could let go and move on with my life. It feels like someone has kidnapped my child. I've had my truck for 12-1/2 years and dropped a fortune in it only to have it stolen by low-life scum like Santiago's thieves.
Old 04-28-2005, 08:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

the more money u put into ur truck the better chance it has of getting stolen, anyone knows that... i put money into my truck but i dont think of the thing as my kid or anything, i mean im not gonna grow an attachment to a 2002 silverado.... maybe if it was my dads 1950 chevy handed down to me from a few generations it might be different.... but jesus christ man worst **** happens

and no, i never have anything nice to say
Old 04-28-2005, 08:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have an attachment to mine because of the memories over the years with my family. The truck saved my whole family's life by sacrificing itself when a drunk driver made a u-turn in front of us on the interstate. The truck had seen over 310,000 miles of the family traveling together and still had a lot of life left in it. Everyone in our home misses the truck like it was a part of the family. When it was new, had full coverage insurance and was almost bone stock I could see myself getting another vehicle. It's been paid for and has paid for itself with many miles of faithful service. Oh well, time to move on to another truck. I always drive a car to it's death. This is a first for me, losing one to low-lifes.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Let them take mine. I'll make money with my gap insurance. I've had a car stolen before, matter of fact, watched them steal it while I was running across the parking lot trying to get to it. They left a car just like it that was also stolen. After about 15 minutes, I was thinking hmmmmm.........I can get that 76 Z28 I was wanting. Then 3 days later they found it. Bummer !

Sorry Chago!
Old 04-29-2005, 10:06 AM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That fU@kin sucks.They need to find them **** and pull there finger an toe nails of slowly with a pair of vicegrips.Sorry for your loss.Good thing you have ins.
Old 04-29-2005, 10:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

[QUOTE=2002C5COUPE]Most people don't know that when you're vehicle gets stolen your insurance company gives you an OFFER. You don't have to take it!!
[QUOTE=2002C5COUPE]

You need to learn about insurance and read your policy - the insurance co's owes ACV or Actual Cash Value.
They dont make "OFFERS" - that it is just plain wrong information.
Old 04-29-2005, 01:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=LS1csherm][QUOTE=2002C5COUPE]Most people don't know that when you're vehicle gets stolen your insurance company gives you an OFFER. You don't have to take it!!
Originally Posted by 2002C5COUPE

You need to learn about insurance and read your policy - the insurance co's owes ACV or Actual Cash Value.
They dont make "OFFERS" - that it is just plain wrong information.
Actually you are wrong sir. They get to make you three offers, and then if you dont take any of them, you have to go to court. Ive been there and done that twice with my own insurence company and another.
Old 04-29-2005, 02:47 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I totalled my 2000 Camaro SS and I didn't get an offer. They gave me exact blue book value which was HIGH since the car was only a year old. Maybe this is only with certain states/insurance companies/policies? I haven't ever heard anything like that offer deal before but, I'd never heard of GAP insurance either so......
Old 04-29-2005, 03:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 02Reaper
Actually you are wrong sir. They get to make you three offers, and then if you dont take any of them, you have to go to court. Ive been there and done that twice with my own insurence company and another.
I am not wrong
Sorry - I do this for a living and have for a long time.
Ins co's - DONT MAKE OFFERS. - dont know what company your dealing with.
But major players and Fortune 500 co's don't do business that way.
That would be against your policy.
Remember Ins co are regulated by the statue of the state.
The ins co could offer you a dollar for you car.

Now it does differ from state to state how and what tool is used to come up with the ACV
- but most are based on ACV - like from NADA.

Read you policy on physical damage and method used to eval your car when it is a total loss
It is pretty clear cut.

If you dont agree with the value - is it up to you to try and disprove the value - typically you would have to do a market survey come up with same make, model, mileage, and options that are selling for higher than the acv
or
you would have to go to arbitration.

Bottom line - read your policy - understand it - it will detail how a vehicles ACV is determined in your state.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Spider - email'd me - he got a Dakota for a rental
That thing will have no rear tire tread.
Spider - see what it will run

Quick Reply: Incase no one knew