Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Jim Neuenfeldt is running!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2004, 01:12 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have been hit with 277v once and 120v a few times. the 277v felt like mike tyson hit me in the chest, it was real harsh.
Old 09-06-2004, 01:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL kinda like a mule kick ya
yep been there been stupid....
not paying attention. seems thats when it gets ya.
oh well. I usually try and get it out of the way first thing in the morning
that way I can have a better day.....

anybody ever seen a switchgear with 46,800V go up before????
now thats something you dont wont to be in front off, or near
poor guy never had a chance, I'll put it this way, it blew a 10 inch thick cinder(sp) block wall away like it was made of loose sand. there was shrapnal burried in what was left of the electric room.
kinda sounded like a bomb going off,
they shut the building down for days cleaning that place up.
I was only an apprentice at the time.they said he was drilling into a bracket right infont of a live buss, and when he went through with the drill he hit the buss, and well, it went BOOM. everyone saw what he was doing, and told him to stop, but he said it was allright, and he wouldnt hit it.. Famous last words, anyways everyone had cleared the room rigt before it happened, knowing it wasnt going to be good........
Old 09-06-2004, 01:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In metal shop in junior high, one of my classmates was holding the end of the rod clamp firmly in his hand when he grabbed the table....he was thrown through the curtain, through the air, and landed about 25 feet back. Unharmed.
Old 09-06-2004, 03:40 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 01 Thunder
LOL kinda like a mule kick ya
yep been there been stupid....
not paying attention. seems thats when it gets ya.
oh well. I usually try and get it out of the way first thing in the morning
that way I can have a better day.....

anybody ever seen a switchgear with 46,800V go up before????
now thats something you dont wont to be in front off, or near
poor guy never had a chance, I'll put it this way, it blew a 10 inch thick cinder(sp) block wall away like it was made of loose sand. there was shrapnal burried in what was left of the electric room.
kinda sounded like a bomb going off,
they shut the building down for days cleaning that place up.
I was only an apprentice at the time.they said he was drilling into a bracket right infont of a live buss, and when he went through with the drill he hit the buss, and well, it went BOOM. everyone saw what he was doing, and told him to stop, but he said it was allright, and he wouldnt hit it.. Famous last words, anyways everyone had cleared the room rigt before it happened, knowing it wasnt going to be good........
I don't know how much juice was running through it but, the main switchgear in one of the buildings I work in went up. It blew the doors off the room and basically destroyed the inside walls on the side of the building it was on, damn miracle no one got hurt, no one was around when it went.

Doing construction every once in a while I've got to mess with live wires. I got hit trying to plug a whip in down behind a countertop. I could just barely get my arms down there and it was hot as hell so I was sweating. The connectors just barely reached so it was tough connecting them. The electrician said it was two phases of 120 or something like that. Next thing I know my arms get real tight and my chest gets real tight and I come shooting up from being leaned over the countertop, bust my head on the upper cabinets. I'm standing there with my chest hurting, my arms tingling, my head felt like it was split open from hitting the cabinets, also made some pretty crazy noises. Been hit with 120 too many times to count, no biggy there except being amazed how fast you can get knocked on your *** from it.

This Jim guy you're asking about, I don't think he comes around this board.
Old 09-06-2004, 03:46 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I got hit by a 9 volt battery once....does that count? I was hard to change that smoke detector battery without getting hurt.
Old 09-06-2004, 04:02 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
I got hit by a 9 volt battery once....does that count? I was hard to change that smoke detector battery without getting hurt.
Only if it knocked you off the top of a ladder or down a stairwell or something.

Never been hit with 277v but, have seen an electrician get hit. Screwed up the rest of his day.
Old 09-06-2004, 04:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Does anybody turn off the power anymore before continuing with the work??? Seem like that would be safer.

This jim has a slow 4x4 that is horrible in the mud. That even if he gets it dirty.
Old 09-06-2004, 04:28 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Talking

Originally Posted by 8100hammer
Does anybody turn off the power anymore before continuing with the work??? Seem like that would be safer.
It would be safer but, getting a building engineer to get off his lazy a$$ and let you in the electric closet might take all day.

The electrician I saw get hit with 277v just got careless and took someone elses word that the power to the fixture was dead, ends up it was on the emergency circuit and the light bulbs were blown.
Old 09-06-2004, 04:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Kinda like having a smoke around open gasoline. huh
Old 09-06-2004, 04:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

maybe Jim could come down to the Thunder Shootout and show the camaro's what a truck is all about!

Quick Reply: Jim Neuenfeldt is running!